Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 293 Guests

Just back (merged)

This thread currently has 10,351 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
headingly_mariner
December 29, 2022, 10:58pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 124
Not a game I enjoyed. Utterly bizarre first half, for a big portion of it we looked like we might come out on top then went in 4-1 down.

Some shocking stuff for the 2nd and 3rd goals. Why Glennon has tried to head the ball instead of beating Smith to it in a foot race I will never know. Those 2 goals really killed the game.

I'm not sure there is the need for knicker wetting hysteria though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 104
moosey_club
December 29, 2022, 11:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,321
Gold Stars: 229
Poor poor poor. Real lack of communication and understanding between players, didn't look sharp anywhere on the pitch, trying to play out of the back with midfielders who are at best one dimensional.
Too many players looked uncomfortable on the ball and too many hid when we conceded.
Hurst tried a change but even a triple sub didn't really give us any real threat. They had the job done and rested for the second half but we still hardly got near the goal, couple of defensive blocks but nothing sustained by us.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 104
Quagmire
December 29, 2022, 11:02pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +932
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from Hagrid

I’d be amazed if we dont see a reaction on NYD.

Today was as bad as ive seen a PH side since that toxic day at Halifax

It’s always the next game or the next transfer window etc etc

Tonight should have been the reaction to the Harrogate game, now we’re expecting a reaction on NYD to the latest shambolic performance

We’ve won 1 in 9, where’s the reaction been to all of those other defeats??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 104
MuddyWaters
December 29, 2022, 11:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Not a game I enjoyed. Utterly bizarre first half, for a big portion of it we looked like we might come out on top then went in 4-1 down.

Some shocking stuff for the 2nd and 3rd goals. Why Glennon has tried to head the ball instead of beating Smith to it in a foot race I will never know. Those 2 goals really killed the game.

I'm not sure there is the need for knicker wetting hysteria though.

No hysteria at all. We had a shocking summer transfer window with only Khan and Green as positives, and failed miserably when it came to striker recruitment. We’ve won one league game in nine and tonight’s final substitute was to replace a useless striker (Orsi) with an even worse one (Pepple).

The only positives tonight were the aforementioned Khan & Green and Scannell getting some game time.

Given we paid a fee for Alex Hunt, how must his confidence be that he wasn’t amongst the sixteen who got minutes in that shitshow?

Utterly pathetic.
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 104
Maringer
December 29, 2022, 11:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,680
Gold Stars: 189
Poor it was, but we've played worse and gone in level at half-time this season. They had 5 shots in the first half and scored with 4 of them (the other a speculative effort from about 45 yards!). Smith was way out of form, Glennon barely got past the half-way line. Good first goal from them with only slightly lax defending assisting, but the rest were shockers from Crocombe's hack and Holohan's blunder, to Khan's slip and, of course, a freak deflected goal as the striker fell on his backside as he hit it.

As much of a disappointment to me was the second half where we looked worse following the substitutions. We created (and failed to convert) a couple of chances, but really didn't cause them much discomfort at all. Morris barely found one of his own players with a pass after coming on - night and day from the player who started impressively with us.

Scannell came back into the team but looked miles away from being ready for action. At least Maher steadied the ship after Smith's poor showing in the first half, but that's not much of a plus point.

I think we saw why Orsi hasn't been playing. Won nothing, achieved little and I forgot he was even on the pitch half of the time. Pepple just looked clumsy. A bit odd as he looked quite a spare figure when he joined in the summer but he seems to be getting meatier and slower every time I've seen him since then.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 104
Hagrid
December 29, 2022, 11:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,518
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from MuddyWaters

No hysteria at all. We had a shocking summer transfer window with only Khan and Green as positives, and failed miserably when it came to striker recruitment. We’ve won one league game in nine and tonight’s final substitute was to replace a useless striker (Orsi) with an even worse one (Pepple).

The only positives tonight were the aforementioned Khan & Green and Scannell getting some game time.

Given we paid a fee for Alex Hunt, how must his confidence be that he wasn’t amongst the sixteen who got minutes in that shitshow?

Utterly pathetic.

Agreed with all of that bar Green. Im not overly impressed, and we’ve done worse with him in the side. Winning a header and mistiming a few tackles shouldnt overshadow the fact that he seems to be very limited in other areas. Very very frustrating night
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 104
LH
December 29, 2022, 11:10pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,601
Gold Stars: 177
I see we’ve moved on from thinking Orsi might be the answer to thinking Hunt might be. There’s probably a reason why they’re not in the starting XI. We’ve been excrement in all but two games of the games I’ve seen this season (Bradford and Plymouth). A massive missed opportunity given how positive it was in the summer - really disappointing.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 104
MuddyWaters
December 29, 2022, 11:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Hagrid

Agreed with all of that bar Green. Im not overly impressed, and we’ve done worse with him in the side. Winning a header and mistiming a few tackles shouldnt overshadow the fact that he seems to be very limited in other areas. Very very frustrating night

I’m not saying he’s brilliant but he wears his heart on his sleeve and does the yard dog stuff that should allow us to play someone like Hunt alongside. Salford had someone similar to allow Galbraith to play. Hurst prefers to pick Holohan.
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 104
Zmariner
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
Ok we were crap tonight and we lack quality. Crocombe could probably do with a rest, he has been great but his confidence looks shot.
I looked at the fixtures to mid Feb and I felt better.
We play the a lot of  the other poor teams and I think we can scrap points against the other duffers and will be OK.
We would not want to be in a relegation fight in April as then we run into a really tough set of fixtures.
I am supportive of Hurst but in Jan we need forwards and no excuses, Harrogate, Doncaster, Salford all have decent forwards and this is the sickener for me.
Not looking for a 20 goal a season man, 10 goals and decent hold up play would be great ( 2 of). Still positive and waiting for that 3rd home win.
UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 104
ginnywings

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Hagrid

Have to disagree with you there. I like Green and teams need someone like him in the side, but he's clearly not showing his best in a struggling side.

I think he will go on to be a good signing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 104
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.