Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 273 Guests

Just back (merged)

This thread currently has 10,353 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
pontoonlew
December 29, 2022, 10:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,098
Gold Stars: 181
Quoted from Hagrid

He was Crap. Absolute crap. And its obvious why he hasnt had more minutes. But having 20 strikers wouldnt help us atm, our defending has gone from one extreme to the other

Was the hold up play and ball through to McAtee for the goal also crap?

If we’d gone in at 1-1 at HT it would’ve no doubt been agreed he did well for the goal and had a couple of nice moments.

I’d not be playing him personally but to single him out after the defensive display we’ve just seen seems odd to me. In fact, you’ve come on and jumped to Efete’s defence despite him yet again dropping a 1/10 performance.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 104
Hagrid
December 29, 2022, 10:42pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,523
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from pontoonlew

If we’d gone in at 1-1 at HT it would’ve no doubt been agreed he did well for the goal and had a couple of nice moments.

I’d not be playing him personally but to single him out after the defensive display we’ve just seen seems odd to me. In fact, you’ve come on and jumped to Efete’s defence despite him yet again dropping a 1/10 performance.

No i havent😂 he was awful tonight. Make it up as you go along to suit your narrative dont you
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 104
TownSNAFU5
December 29, 2022, 10:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
I have not been to the last 2 games (for family reasons).  I did watch the game on TV tonight.

In 2 games in one week, 6 defenders and a keeper have made 7 errors.   7 goals conceded.  At Div 2 level you would not reasonably every error to result in a goal.  But there you go.

Nothing like good enough.  How do so many players stop making basic errors?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 104
MuddyWaters
December 29, 2022, 10:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,289
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from pontoonlew

Unless Harry plays right back, we’re stuck with Efete as Cropper’s crocked, and that’s a big concern. Smith played like he’d got someone else’s boots on, Holohan was anonymous/woeful and I can only assume Harry’s still poorly.

We’re sleepwalking into a relegation battle and someone needs to spend some money or kick some behind pretty soon.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 104
Quagmire
December 29, 2022, 10:52pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +932
Gold Stars: 43
1 win in the last 9 league games

At what point do we stop this nonsense of Hurst having “credit in the bank”?

He’s been given carte blanche in terms of bringing players in (must be close to 50+ in just 4 transfer windows) and has built a back room team of 115 at my last count.

And now we’re looking at bringing another half dozen players in - the bloke gets way too easy a ride IMO, any other manager with those stats and just 2 home wins would be seriously under scrutiny right now.

All this “trust Hurst to sort it out” nonsense is ridiculous when he’s the bloke who’s made this mess in the first place.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 104
sydney
December 29, 2022, 10:52pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
This is getting very serious, a run of dreadful results and abject performances , same again tonight.
2nd Best, Salford for goodness sake!!
A Personal Plea to the Management team and the new owners
Please do all you can to ensure the absolute min expectation for all of us from this point on is 3rd from bottom
Wrexham , Bromley , Solihull are all watching with much interest
Come on Town!!  We better than this..

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 104
Lincspoacher
December 29, 2022, 10:54pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +302
Gold Stars: 15
Really was a terrible first 45 mins and they looked lively, fluid and technically much better than us all over the park.

Young lad on loan from Man Utd ( number 16 Galbraith) was class and best player on park along with Smith. We don’t have that pedigree of player tbh

That said, whilst we were missing a striker all season, we weren’t conceding many.

However, we now are and not scoring freely still as well, which is a recipe for the form we are now seeing.

So many errors again tonight and lack of quality technical ability in favour of workhorses and grafters.

Salford players just looked better footballers apart from Khan and McAtee.

Talk of Hurst going is dangerous, I know it’s frustrating, i am there every game and not enjoying this.

But, Jolley, Bignot and Holloway also remind me of the dangers of reacting too much here after Hurst has stabilised, promoted and to a large extent until last 7/8 weeks, built a team we all thought could get to play offs at a push.

So, he needs to react, needs to buy quality and needs to show us a reaction.

All Town are we cannot just be when we get promoted or win.

Concerned but not panicking yet
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 104
easypeersy
December 29, 2022, 10:55pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 11
Absolutely certain to be in a relegation battle.
It’s shocking to be nervously looking at the teams below us hoping they are also losing!
In my top ten worse performances I’ve seen in 31 years supporting Town!
This is very very worrying.
Not many of us would cope with being in the National League a third time!
Harrogate at home in three weeks time, followed by Crawley and Newport could be critical because I cannot see any points being earned against Stockport or Swindon!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 104
Hagrid
December 29, 2022, 10:57pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,523
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from easypeersy
Absolutely certain to be in a relegation battle.
It’s shocking to be nervously looking at the teams below us hoping they are also losing!
In my top ten worse performances I’ve seen in 31 years supporting Town!
This is very very worrying.
Not many of us would cope with being in the National League a third time!
Harrogate at home in three weeks time, followed by Crawley and Newport could be critical because I cannot see any points being earned against Stockport or Swindon!

I’d be amazed if we dont see a reaction on NYD.

Today was as bad as ive seen a PH side since that toxic day at Halifax
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 104
ginnywings
December 29, 2022, 10:58pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
So we kick off and 3 passes later, we have given the ball away. We get a tackle in and they get a throw in. We win it back, only for Glennon to pass it straight to their midfielder and 30 seconds later we are a goal down. Didn't cut out the cross and a massive lumbering centre forward is alive and our defence is asleep. Things like that happen constantly and I don't think I've ever seen a Town side that can find so many ways of gifting the opposition goals. After getting ourselves back into the game, we then implode spectacularly with totally inept and stupid errors that Sunday League players would be embarrassed at.

Our fullbacks simply aren't good enough defensively. Glennon is a massive let down and seems slower than I remember him. He's constantly stretching for the ball and making last ditch tackles, if he's in position that is, which he frequently isn't. We re getting murdered down our wings.

I think we probably have the worst strike force in the EFL and possibly half the Conference. None of them look a threat in any way.

In the second half, we had a few occasions when we had the chance to play in a ball into the box and the delivery was appalling. Didn't even beat the first man on 2 or 3 occasions. Weak and directionless and didn't cause them any bother at all.

We have a team of honest triers, but we are ponderous and predictable. So easy to play against.

It's been a strange old year. Last Jan we were in a similar position and somehow we turned it around and got promoted, but once again, just like last time we got back in the league, all the momentum has fizzled out. This time PH has no excuses. He's had all the backing that he complained he didn't get last time. So much good will and a massive increase in crowd numbers, yet we're stuck in the slow lane once again.

Big transfer window coming up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 104
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.