aldi_01
June 20, 2022, 9:33am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Kris2
I think people feeling uncomfortable and a bit confused is how I've seen most people react to Fenty in general.

I’ve worked with people who’ve family members who’ve worked for or with Fenty and they say the same…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 56
Exiled in Leicester
June 20, 2022, 12:46pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +49
Gold Stars: 3
That tour of Blundell Park is appalling cringeworthy ................soooo sexist putting his arm around the girls and saying "pretty face" - I am surprised he hasnt been hauled before a tribunal . Truly awful
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 56
SouthLakesMariner
June 20, 2022, 5:48pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +945
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from It Bites
Think Alan Partridge with no irony at all ......

A perfect summation. If it wasn’t real this would be hilarious, the sexist comments are one thing, but the hair ruffling is slightly sinister.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 56
fishboyUTM
June 20, 2022, 5:54pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,072
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
In the video he puts his arm around all the women,  saying one is pretty,  attitudes as old as the Main Stand.

When there was a picture of the floodlights, I was  expecting him to be fixing something half way up,

To be fair, that video was years old. Things like that have changed massively in even the last five years and that video is much older than that. And it isn't often I defend JF.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 56
SouthLakesMariner
June 20, 2022, 6:13pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +945
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from fishboyUTM

To be fair, that video was years old. Things like that have changed massively in even the last five years and that video is much older than that. And it isn't often I defend JF.

But the Alan Partridge character is from the same era, it’s precisely because of such parodies and the highlighting of such behaviour over that period of time that things have changed so much.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 56
RonMariner
June 20, 2022, 10:40pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,861
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from SouthLakesMariner

But the Alan Partridge character is from the same era, it’s precisely because of such parodies and the highlighting of such behaviour over that period of time that things have changed so much.

It just needed Mike Bassett to be appointed as manager to complete the picture. Everything else was already in place.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 56
forza ivano
June 21, 2022, 2:24pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,285
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from RonMariner

It just needed Mike Bassett to be appointed as manager to complete the picture. Everything else was already in place.

well, we did get Russell Slade, which ended up being pretty close!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 56
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fillipe , Fenty etc

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.