6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
supertown
June 19, 2022, 11:27am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,471
Gold Stars: 53
Has his house sold yet ? Is he moving away from the area to start afresh ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 56
1mickylyons
June 19, 2022, 11:33am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
When Fenty was seen as the saviour and people were saying about the money he’d put in to save us etc . Several of us posted it was loans which he has or will get paid back in full. In real financial terms during his reign of terror the average 2.5k season ticket holders paid the way and never asked or got a penny back.
When Stockwood comes out and says every penny from ST sales will be invested in the squad I believe him. 5K or so just WOW what a war chest it gives PH and what an opportunity it gives the Club to keep moving forward.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 56
aldi_01
June 19, 2022, 11:53am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from 1mickylyons
When Fenty was seen as the saviour and people were saying about the money he’d put in to save us etc . Several of us posted it was loans which he has or will get paid back in full. In real financial terms during his reign of terror the average 2.5k season ticket holders paid the way and never asked or got a penny back.
When Stockwood comes out and says every penny from ST sales will be invested in the squad I believe him. 5K or so just WOW what a war chest it gives PH and what an opportunity it gives the Club to keep moving forward.

What was more terrifying when you think of it is how easily people were hoodwinked by Fenty when the evidence literally exposed him as a liar…several of us maintained the same stance throughout and few followed us, then when the evidence finally became so overwhelming people finally realised.

I know there’s a few that still think he saved us and believe his nonsense, that’s their choice, sadly, you can lead a horse to water…

Fenty and his acolytes lacked anything, vision, desire, ideas, cash, effort or a genuine care. They were clueless and more importantly, Fenty lied. Lied throughout the whole thing and still believes he did nothing wrong. Clueless.

They’re gone and the club is now everything they claimed it couldn’t be. Perhaps culture and that change is a factor in our promotion at the first time of asking.

I think, for many, aside from all those things, when we saw that amazing hand painted picture that Fenty ‘won’ at a high jacked auction which became a male private swinging event between him and Mullins, just casually lent against the wall with zero care or probably highlighted how little he really thought of the club.

His new ventures will fail, it may take a while, but they will…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 56
toontown
June 19, 2022, 12:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Fenty was utterly delusional so I doubt the fact his failures have been fully exposed within 12 months by 1878 will get through to him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 56
jamesgtfc
June 19, 2022, 1:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Bogtrotter
The supporters club share situation demonstrates his poor judgement; he loses nothing in the grand scheme of things if he were to gift them back and would gain a modicum of good will, but he seems incapable of making that leap for some reason.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again; I encountered him professionally when he was FSF owner and before his GTFC term. I came away with the impression he was smalltime then, and nothing subsequently has changed my opinion.

As that guy phoned in and said on RH in the midst of the many festive statements "Fenty was a prat then and he's still a prat now."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 56
GhostDan
June 19, 2022, 1:07pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +984
Gold Stars: 12
“The club is now everything they claimed it couldn’t be”

That’s a brilliant line and absolutely flipping bang on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 56
Tommy
June 19, 2022, 2:09pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 76
Did CodAlmighty ever finish the series of articles on Fenty up to the present day?

Seem to think they stopped just after our first relegation into non-league.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 56
Zmariner
June 19, 2022, 2:34pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
Did Fillipe ever come and join the celebrations on here. This would be the decent thing to do. Possibly I missed his messages, any real supporter cannot fail to be ecstatic at this season. I am still milking it now , it really was that good. Utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 56
Kris2
June 19, 2022, 2:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
The culture seems to be the biggest change at the club so far. The impression I get is that it's become a really good place to work and that bodes well for future recruitment. From the squad, coaches to the office, boardroom, chefs, kitchen staff and so on they all seem to speak highly of the club. Nothing is ever perfect but it seems to have become a much better place for everyone it takes to run a football club and players who left have nothing but good things to say about everyone working there.

In the past it often seemed negative and a lot of people had some not nice things to say about how difficult Fenty was to work with. The new regime wanted to bring in their own people and it seems like they bought in competent people on merit and not random friends and associates that put nothing into the club and have no idea how to run a football club or a business. He didn't want competent people on the board he just wanted people who wouldn't challenge him on anything. He handed out board positions to his solicitor and accountant for free and said there were there to provide expertise...I'm still not sure what their contributions actually were beyond trying to protect his bubble and going after all detractors legally.

I think this video sums up Fenty's reign, looking very proud of himself while stroking his own ego as he parades around looking proud of a rusty old fridge and how little he's spent modernising anything. Then everybody shown on camera looks super uncomfortable around him and tense. The part that kills me is the Bill Shankly memorial picture that just looks like a print out that was cut out and stuck up there. Buy a frame at least...  https://youtu.be/ZpaLKe9vFPk

Quoted from Tommy
Did CodAlmighty ever finish the series of articles on Fenty up to the present day?

Seem to think they stopped just after our first relegation into non-league.

Legal challenges from you know who probably....
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 56
1mickylyons
June 19, 2022, 2:48pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
It gives me great pleasure and satisfaction knowing that Fenty and his appeasers read these comments daily and now not a single damned thing he can do about it. The days of midnight wine fuelled rants are over and the turtle neck is once again consigned to yesteryear . 1878 doing things right since day one and those beastly car scratching pyro smuggling nobodies are loving it. ATAW
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 56
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fillipe , Fenty etc

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.