It Bites
June 17, 2022, 6:51am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,217
Gold Stars: 266
One last time then they are banished to a hopeless history

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Private Message
aldi_01
June 17, 2022, 6:56am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I don’t think they should be banished. Aside from Fenty, who, in his defence, did identify himself. We’d have figured it out but nonetheless, the others hid behind a pseudonym whilst making up spurious lies and falsified information about the current regime to fulfil their need to feel special or loyal to our former β€˜leader’.

Of course, since about March they’ve been MIA which we all predicted.

As for banishing them completely, I disagree, we need to remember, we need to learn and the moment things start to look questionable, we, as a fan base have to react, challenge and make some noise. That never happened to Fenty, he was believed, he painted a narrative of woe is me and the club is only here because of him even though evidence to the contrary was staring us right in the face. That can’t happen again so we do have to remember them, we may laugh, we may sneer, we can sit back all smug and know what they truly were but never forget. Learn. Develop. Progress…

Just look at the issue with the flag on the badge, a little bit of noise and we got an explanation, an apology and a compromise…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 56
It Bites
June 17, 2022, 7:10am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,217
Gold Stars: 266
Sorry I meant I'm banishing them from my posts and my mind
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 56
aldi_01
June 17, 2022, 7:17am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from It Bites
Sorry I meant I'm banishing them from my posts and my mind

I get that, but if you’re ever feeling down, just remember, they could still be here…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 56
Kris2
June 17, 2022, 7:51am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
We shouldn't forget the things that happened but I also think "oh god don't summon him back here" whenever somebody makes a post.  

Just about every club will go through bad periods, bad running of the club by higher ups and it's our right as fans to question those things. Just as when you're a customer of any business you have a right to criticism and the right to ask questions of the people running the business. The people at the top did an awful lot to silence any sort of criticism and control the narrative including shutting down The Fishy, banning the local journalists from the ground, shouting down critics and trying to de-platform them. The evidence is there over many years of just how badly things were being run and the decline is there for all to examine. There are embarrassing episodes for the club that shouldn't be forgotten so they won't be repeated like the circus of a fan's forum that turned into a personal attack on a local journalist where the board used their platform to humiliate somebody because they said things they didn't like.  
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 56
supertown
June 17, 2022, 8:41am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,471
Gold Stars: 53
Their lack of communication on this forum since our success proves they are not proper fans of the club beyond doubt
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 56
RonMariner
June 17, 2022, 9:17am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,865
Gold Stars: 231
I still want to hear what is going to happen regarding the Β£200k relating to the shares gifted by the Trust.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 56
Kris2
June 17, 2022, 9:41am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from RonMariner
I still want to hear what is going to happen regarding the Β£200k relating to the shares gifted by the Trust.

Fenty is getting paid every penny for handing them over like the rest of the shares as if he paid for them. If you're expecting them to be given back to the Supporter's Trust that's not happening since they had to buy them off Fenty. You can't just give away your shares willingly and then demand the money when the person sells them on, life doesn't work that way.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 56
grimps
June 17, 2022, 10:48am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,174
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from RonMariner

I said at the time the Trust was stupid and disloyal and ungrateful to Parker by giving them away , can’t fault Fenty for getting himself a good deal
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 56
diehardmariner
June 17, 2022, 11:31am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,719
Gold Stars: 543
Quoted from grimps

I said at the time the Trust was stupid and disloyal and ungrateful to Parker by giving them away , can’t fault Fenty for getting himself a good deal

The Trust put it to their membership to decide what to do.  The membership voted to give them away, most certainly because they feared the consequences otherwise.

Of course you can blame Fenty.  He blackmailed the fanbase by threatening to sell a star asset unless he got his way.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 56
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fillipe , Fenty etc

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.