Kris2
June 17, 2022, 2:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from diehardmariner

The Trust put it to their membership to decide what to do.  The membership voted to give them away, most certainly because they feared the consequences otherwise.

Of course you can blame Fenty.  He blackmailed the fanbase by threatening to sell a star asset unless he got his way.

Said star asset then got injured and barely played for us again. Bet everyone who voted for that felt like a bunch of mugs  
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 56
monkeyboy
June 18, 2022, 11:23pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
You can’t forget that regime, it would like forgetting hitler and the holocaust.!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 56
Heisenberg
June 18, 2022, 11:28pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,116
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from Kris2

Said star asset then got injured and barely played for us again. Bet everyone who voted for that felt like a bunch of mugs  

Yep, I’m still embarrassed by it, but he should never have given that ultimatum. A proper cnuts trick.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 56
1mickylyons
June 19, 2022, 8:11am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Heisenberg

Yep, I’m still embarrassed by it, but he should never have given that ultimatum. A proper cnuts trick.

Nah just a proper Fenty trick . A bullying narcissist from start to finish and so glad he’s gone. Had he a single ounce of dignity he would have handed those shares back the day 1878 took over. For those still digging at the Trust with short memories Liam Hearn was that seasons Macatee probably the best attacking player in the league and at the time I think Town were top ? Enter Fenty THE TOWN FAN😁
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 56
dapperz fun pub
June 19, 2022, 8:32am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,049
Gold Stars: 84
2 decades of absolute shite I detest him keep the fooking shares fenty.  The trust got it wrong but they should never have been put in that position , Parker perhaps could have done things better
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 56
aldi_01
June 19, 2022, 8:36am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I’m at the point where I hope he keeps the shares, keeps them and invests them with his so called friend Mr May and he loses every penny for absolutely nothing, other than his own stupidity and greed.

He could’ve given them back and gained himself a small amount of decency and respect, instead, nothing…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 56
Kris2
June 19, 2022, 10:50am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from aldi_01
I’m at the point where I hope he keeps the shares, keeps them and invests them with his so called friend Mr May and he loses every penny for absolutely nothing, other than his own stupidity and greed.

He could’ve given them back and gained himself a small amount of decency and respect, instead, nothing…

What is decency and respect compared to £200k of cold, hard cash for something he never had to pay a penny for. Even with his reputation in tatters and the club against the wall he still made sure to regain all the money he put in (most of it probably not his own money anyway) and made a profit, his ego wouldn't allow less. He did finally relinquish control but he made sure to get the best possible deal before walking and only because of the position he was put in politically. Had that never been outed and pressure mounting on him, I have no doubt he'd never agree to a takeover that saw him relinquish control and everything would have fallen through again. He'd probably still be blaming the other party too.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 56
dapperz fun pub
June 19, 2022, 10:57am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,049
Gold Stars: 84
Does anyone know if we’ve payed him off then ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 56
Macca_D
June 19, 2022, 11:08am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: -59
Gold Stars: 3
i wish pain and hurt for the rest of his life. yeah im better but i already knew that.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 56
Bogtrotter
June 19, 2022, 11:25am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +222
Gold Stars: 8
The supporters club share situation demonstrates his poor judgement; he loses nothing in the grand scheme of things if he were to gift them back and would gain a modicum of good will, but he seems incapable of making that leap for some reason.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again; I encountered him professionally when he was FSF owner and before his GTFC term. I came away with the impression he was smalltime then, and nothing subsequently has changed my opinion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 56
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fillipe , Fenty etc

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.