This thread currently has 12,107 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
wiggers
June 16, 2022, 7:56pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +475
Gold Stars: 11
Fox is the one I would really like to see sign a new contract. He’s absolutely class.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 59
Hagrid
June 16, 2022, 7:57pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,518
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from wiggers
Fox is the one I would really like to see sign a new contract. He’s absolutely class.

From what i was told, its looking unlikely. And thats all to do with his agent getting involved and pissing about with Fox’s head
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 59
HertsGTFC
June 16, 2022, 8:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from male private Nale
Nope, contract he has been offered by town is male masturbation and with Pompey sniffing around town will need to up offer dramatically if they are to retain him. Far too often the club abuses local loyalty whilst paying over the odds for has beens.

So exactly who in this pipeline of PROVEN local talent should we have kept and who would it been ahead of?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 59
HertsGTFC
June 16, 2022, 8:02pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Hagrid

From what i was told, its looking unlikely. And thats all to do with his agent getting involved and pissing about with Fox’s head

No surprise there then?

I meant to ask mate I bet your brother loved us getting promoted, he kind of predicted on his twitter vid at the start of the season as well👍

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 59
Mariner_09
June 16, 2022, 8:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from Hagrid

Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if I look at it objectively. It’s a short career, if he’s been offered more money at a higher level (weren’t Lincoln rumoured to be sniffing around) especially with his track record of injuries, he’d be daft to turn it down. Obviously hope I’m wrong but that’s the way it goes. We’ve sniped Maher from non league, Fox going to Lincoln would essentially be the same.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 59
Hagrid
June 16, 2022, 8:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,518
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from HertsGTFC

No surprise there then?

I meant to ask mate I bet your brother loved us getting promoted, he kind of predicted on his twitter vid at the start of the season as well👍

He certainly did! On the coach back we had to calm him down got to about 11 and everyone of course was tired, but he wanted everyones thoughts on the game😂

He’s renewed for next year and will be delighted if Harry stays as its his favourite player
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 59
MuddyWaters
June 16, 2022, 8:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Mariner_09

Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if I look at it objectively. It’s a short career, if he’s been offered more money at a higher level (weren’t Lincoln rumoured to be sniffing around) especially with his track record of injuries, he’d be daft to turn it down. Obviously hope I’m wrong but that’s the way it goes. We’ve sniped Maher from non league, Fox going to Lincoln would essentially be the same.

I imagine his agent is hawking him around all over the place. Let’s face it, he was our standout performer in three live TV games in a fortnight, it won’t have gone unnoticed.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 59
HertsGTFC

Barley Wine Drinker
I don’t profess to know anything about contract negotiations at GTFC, who’s signing and who’s not but what experience has told us is that PH will have a plan B and possibly a plan C, with a bit more cash from season ticket income B or C may be of a better calibre than what we may have hoped for.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 59
lew chaterleys lover
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,774
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Mariner_09

Players come and go like you say, but sometimes I wonder if they do move too often for their own good. Surely money elsewhere, although obviously welcomed, cannot be THAT much more, can it? All the upheaval, getting to know the different styles of play, the training methods, and engaging with different fans who will not be as forgiving if things don't start well. A new manager and all his quirks.

Sometimes things happen behind the scenes dictate why players move - family not happy or they would prefer to move to a different location - but if you are at a club very much on the up, with a wage rise presumably then stay where you are. This means you, Ben Fox!    
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 59
HertsGTFC
June 16, 2022, 8:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Hagrid

He certainly did! On the coach back we had to calm him down got to about 11 and everyone of course was tired, but he wanted everyones thoughts on the game😂

He’s renewed for next year and will be delighted if Harry stays as its his favourite player

Love it!!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 59
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › He's one of our own

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.