Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ideas for how Grimsby Town can improve further.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 255 Guests

Ideas for how Grimsby Town can improve further.

This thread currently has 11,004 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
FishySmithy
June 13, 2022, 8:46pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Approval: +36
Gold Stars: 3
Loyalty points being used for away games and priority ticket games

New Sound system is a massive must
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 86
gytone
June 13, 2022, 8:52pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,032
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Withnail

Hmmm. I wonder if the council would be more accomodating if it was a one off event, organised by the club, as opposed to a private function, which  they may fear would set a precedent? I genuinely don't know if this would be the case though.

But I'd be very surprised and disappointed if NELC wouldn't agree to a licence until say 9pm, or even 10pm on a Saturday, if it was a fundraiser for GTFC, with a percentage of the profits also going to a chosen charity...

Yeah possibly, not sure about our council being accommodating though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 86
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
June 13, 2022, 8:58pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 556
Quoted from gytone

Yeah possibly, not sure about our council being accommodating though.

If you mug a few grannies and offer some magic beans to Councillor Jackson, I’m sure you will find him very accommodating.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 86
grimps
June 13, 2022, 9:01pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,172
Gold Stars: 46
I just posted this on another thread but it’s probably more suited to this one …

I think they should do advance sales for all games throughout the season , for example if you was an exile and knew you was home for certain games and dates you could buy you tickets in august for a game that’s played in April .

I know people don’t always know the schedules that far in advance but it might help a few of those that do .
Also it would bring revenue in advance for the club and help out fans that can only get home for a few games a season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 86
Withnail
June 13, 2022, 11:53pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 36
I would love a banging sound system at BP with some choice tunes to razz up the crowd before the game.

I don't mean music for us to run out to, or to drown out the crowd, but more uplifting songs to get the crowd jumping beforehand.

Summat like,

Gonna Fly Now (Rocky theme tune) by Bill Conti (I'm sure I've heard this played at BP before a game, back in the 90s). https://youtu.be/ioE_O7Lm0I4

Or, and this is a bit left field, but rather than the obvious (insert track from ACDC/Led Zep/White Stripes/Foos/Jay Z/Kendrick/Neil Diamond etc...how about The William Tell overture Final, https://youtu.be/j3T8-aeOrbg

I recently read about a former DJ who used to have a bit of fun with his choice of tracks before and after Cardiff City's home games. Apparently he played The Addams Family theme tune as Swansea ran out on to the pitch at Cardiff in the South Wales derby.

He's also accredited with Ajax's long standing affiliation with Bob Marley's Three Little Birds, which he played in a bid to calm Ajax fans after they were kept in Ninian Park after the final whistle by the police following a friendly at Cardiff.

Think this would be a good one following a McAtee inspired victory at BP. https://youtu.be/T38v3-SSGcM

I also like the idea of The Smith's Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now, following a home defeat, which another poster recalled hearing some years ago, at a northwest club, possibly Stockport?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 86
aldi_01
June 14, 2022, 6:23am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Didn’t the club spend a considerable amount of time and effort looking for a new sound system but they were either not suitable or outrageously overpriced?

I suspect some work needs to be done regarding the ticketing situation, particularly away game given we’ll have more STH than we’re likely to get tickets. That said, aside from possibly 5 games, I still don’t see a massive issue with that. I guess the work needs to be done around games that aren’t all ticket, pay on the gate away days makes it harder to track sales etc.

I’ve often wondered if the now proven successful fanzone could be extended? Have one in the opposite corner perhaps, between pontoon and main stand?

I still believe the online ticketing system needs looking at. I was fortunate to get a ticket for the last three games but the way you have to add tickets singularly means it slows everything down and I suspect that’s how some missed out…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 86
lukeo
June 14, 2022, 7:08am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,418
Gold Stars: 149
Songs to play at 2.40pm :
Up the mariners
Pump it up
Free from desire

Then 2-3mins before kick off, give a rallying call to get behind the boys and switch a song on for a few seconds to get the crowd singing along then turn it off for the fans to continue by themselves
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 86
WOZOFGRIMSBY
June 14, 2022, 7:26am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,025
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from lukeo
Songs to play at 2.40pm :
Up the mariners
Pump it up
Free from desire

Then 2-3mins before kick off, give a rallying call to get behind the boys and switch a song on for a few seconds to get the crowd singing along then turn it off for the fans to continue by themselves

Personally love black and white for you over freed from desire

Don’t know how many times it actually needs to be mentioned but the sides of the pontoon need to be sorted to stop the ‘noise’ escaping.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 86
GrimPol
June 14, 2022, 7:56am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +5 / -6
Approval: -787
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from HoratiusEberlin
Several-tiered Docks Beers corner bar with views of the pitch and an event space on top.
For example.

The bizarre alcohol licence prevents people to drink whilst in view of the pitch. It's not the grass they worry about it's a minor who might see somebody drinking from across the pitch.
The bizarre bit is that the minor could have been sitting with mum/dad scoffing F&C whilst adults all around are drinking, all perfectly legit.
So the bar with a pitch view is out.
But a great idea.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 86
GrimPol
June 14, 2022, 8:14am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +5 / -6
Approval: -787
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Personally love black and white for you over freed from desire

Don’t know how many times it actually needs to be mentioned but the sides of the pontoon need to be sorted to stop the ‘noise’ escaping.

As we start
3 Dog Night----White & Black

If we lose
Regina Spektor --Black & White
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 86
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ideas for how Grimsby Town can improve further.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.