Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ideas for how Grimsby Town can improve further.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 254 Guests

Ideas for how Grimsby Town can improve further.

This thread currently has 11,003 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Gilbertswand
June 13, 2022, 6:42pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +184
Gold Stars: 21
I think it would be worth investing in electronic pitch side advertising behind the goals and down the main stand side. Although there would be an initial investment, this would provide lots more quality advertising opportunities to  more sponsors, which should generate more income.

In line with the clubs community ethos, we could also advertise some local firms or organisations who share our values and perhaps cant afford to advertise. This would benefit the local community,  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 86
Withnail
June 13, 2022, 6:42pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 36
Live band at McMenemy's straight after the game.

Seen this done at other sporting fixtures and it was bouncing, with the bars making money hand over fist.

I'm talking a covers band, with broad appeal, rather than one with a niche following, or a headline act, which is unrealistic.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 86
toontown
June 13, 2022, 7:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Withnail

Seen this done at other sporting fixtures and it was bouncing, with the bars making money hand over fist.

I'm talking a covers band, with broad appeal, rather than one with a niche following, or a headline act, which is unrealistic.

Yes, seen similar done at other venues and be very popular, good idea, definitely worth a try.  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 86
toontown
June 13, 2022, 7:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from lukeo
Although I think the club has massively improved making it more family friendly and more welcoming to people with needs (ie the sensory bag I find absolutely amazing) I think if we are to look to improve further the younger generation is where it is at. So maybe add a few more things in if its possible on match days. I havent been to BP much due to living far away so I'm not sure if any of the stuff they did still exists (ie Flag holders and penalties at half time)
Do they have a football table in the pubs/fans zone? Board games etc aswell could possibly be a nice touch.

Yeah they have table football and some games in the fanzone
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 86
gytone
June 13, 2022, 7:59pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Approval: +1,032
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Withnail

Not sure McMenemys are allowed to do that, a few years ago me and the Mrs wanted to hire it out for our joint 50th birthday party and we wanted my sons band to play, they are a very talented local classic rock band,  when we inquired they said because it was residential they wasn't allowed to do it, don't know it that's changed, but I wouldn't have thought so, shame because it's a great idea.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 86
BobbyCummingsTackle
June 13, 2022, 8:15pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,321
Gold Stars: 309

To be fair, I can think of some recent seasons where the most animated support in the Main Stand is the posts holding up the roof!

And they've shown only marginally less movement than some on the pitch.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 86
Withnail
June 13, 2022, 8:33pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from gytone

Not sure McMenemys are allowed to do that, a few years ago me and the Mrs wanted to hire it out for our joint 50th birthday party and we wanted my sons band to play, they are a very talented local classic rock band,  when we inquired they said because it was residential they wasn't allowed to do it, don't know it that's changed, but I wouldn't have thought so, shame because it's a great idea.

Hmmm. I wonder if the council would be more accomodating if it was a one off event, organised by the club, as opposed to a private function, which  they may fear would set a precedent? I genuinely don't know if this would be the case though.

But I'd be very surprised and disappointed if NELC wouldn't agree to a licence until say 9pm, or even 10pm on a Saturday, if it was a fundraiser for GTFC, with a percentage of the profits also going to a chosen charity...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 86
moosey_club
June 13, 2022, 8:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,321
Gold Stars: 229
Let fans leave the Pontoon by the Harrington St corner side at the end of the game if they want to.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 86
Simon
June 13, 2022, 8:39pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Approval: +234
Gold Stars: 33
Think with parking as it is around BP a park and ride scheme would be brilliant, if anyone has been to Lincoln Christmas Market something like that but on a smaller scale.

Could have shuttle busses running from Springfield Road Rugby Club, Tesco Cleethorpes & Euro park

Try and do a deal with Stagecoach to keep prices down and everyone's a winner

All Town aren't we ..... UTM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 86
FishySmithy
June 13, 2022, 8:43pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Approval: +36
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Hagrid
get greek shack back at the games

Takes too long to serve
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 86
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ideas for how Grimsby Town can improve further.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.