Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Who do we keep?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 265 Guests

Who do we keep?

This thread currently has 16,662 views. Print
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
June 6, 2022, 11:53am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Nutsy
I’d echo what’s been said, but I think Sousa should be retained also. Yes, he struggles with end product, but his driving runs put defenders on edge, which is a very useful option to have.

Taylor
Maguire Drew, McAttee, X
Fox Holohan
Amos Smith Waterfall Efete
Crocombe

Looks solid enough to me, I’d love us to sign Sbarra to partner Fox, and maybe a new winger for the first team.

Holohan, Raikhy, Pearson, Cropper is a every good bench to challenge the starting 11 - as we’ve seen all season.

Buzzing for the new season

Last time we went up we were knocking on the top spots until Hurst, Bogle etc left.

UTM- let’s hope we use this momentum!

Sbarra plays off the flanks and Holohan has been immense, especially in the play-offs.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 135
MuddyWaters
June 6, 2022, 11:55am
Barley Wine Drinker
I think I've just read that someone wants to keep Burgess......well, at least it wasn't Jones.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 135
meddaboy
June 6, 2022, 12:00pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: -6
big job there for your manager , as usual who,s  heads have been turned , who wants to stay , as well as go , same everywhere this time of season , but you have a guy who is not just a good manager he seems a decent human being .   again  very  !  well done yesterday , i have to catch a game down there soon .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 135
BeijingMariner
June 6, 2022, 12:01pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from MuddyWaters
I think I've just read that someone wants to keep Burgess......well, at least it wasn't Jones.

It was me, I think he has depth Look, I know zero about football ok so please, feel free to be as merciless as you like and people are already, I got 7 red crosses hahahaha
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 23 - 135
lukeo
June 6, 2022, 12:13pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
It's a difficult one, I love Mcatee and Taylors partnership. But, If we're to consider moving forward and aiming for a top half finish I feel we need to try aim for more of a goal scorer than Taylor.
It's down to wages and available players to us. I'd be happy if we keep the large majority of the squad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 135
mariner chopper
June 6, 2022, 12:19pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +200
Gold Stars: 5
Anyone 50/50 over - give them a contract!

If there's a lesson to be learnt from the 15/16 promotion, we should've kept the momentum with the team that took us up.

Give them what they want for an extra year, what's the worst that could happen? Don;t want another Podge situation do we...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 135
Jarmo.Is.God
June 6, 2022, 12:23pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from Bigdog
Max Crocombe long term
Danny Amos one year with option
Jordan Cropper one year with option
Michie Efete long term
Ben Fox long term
Erico Sousa one year with option
Ryan Taylor.one year with option

Andy Smith long term - convince him the starting point of his career is regular football in League Two rather than U23

Manuel Dieseruvwe one year with option

Arjay Raikhy depends what's available to us, late window loan if needed

Giles Coke coaching role?

Sean Scannell show how far we've come as a club by keeping him on through his rehabilitation and see how he recovers

David Longe-King available for transfer
Shaun Pearson keep as cover and to progress into coaching
Luke Waterfall keep
Gavan Holohan keep
John McAtee extend contract
Jordan Maguire-Drew keep
Harry Clifton keep

Continuation, loyalty. plus six, seven or eight signings to improve the squad and starting eleven, but transfer windows always provide a few unexpected surprises..

I agree with most i think
Crocombe & Fox 2 year deals
Efete 1 year with option

Not overly fussed about Raikhy, he's not stood out since his return, would be more interested in possibility of Hunt back on loan
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 135
blundellpork
June 6, 2022, 12:28pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,668
Gold Stars: 32
I think there are a lot of rose tinted spectacles here. We’ve been vulnerable to crosses all season as the full backs don’t stop them coming in. I’d therefore replace Cropper and Crooks, and borderline Amos.

Further up Coke, Khouri, Wright, Sousa, Burgess, Jones and Taylor can go. Whilst Taylor links well with McAtee, I’m not convinced he has enough to move up a division.

We need to be aspiring for better players now we have moved up.

Retain Crocombe, Efete, Waterfall, Fox, Clifton. I think we have a chance of getting Smith back on loan now we are in League 2.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 135
ginnywings

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Last time we went up, PH had a pretty big cull of the team and this promotion has probably come earlier than expected in our progress, so I wouldn't be surprised if quite a few are replaced.

Some say that he got rid of too many last time and the continuity went, but when he left for the Shrews, we were on the edge of the play off places. The continuity of the team went when he went and the board let things slide.

I wouldn't be surprised to see 6 or 7 new faces in the starting line up next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 135
MuddyWaters
Barley Wine Drinker
Thinking in terms of players capable enough for League 2, we will need Crocombe, Battersby and one more in goal and we certainly need to improve our centre back options with Smith going back to Hull. Full backs are all out of contract, Efete and Amos should be kept, Cropper has a great throw but would that get used if he was back-up to Efete? Crookes can be improved on. Of the centre mids, Holohan is under contract and keeping Clifton and Fox is essential so that probably leaves space for an addition.

Regarding wide midfield, Scannell, Sousa and Wright. Really tough call. Sousa was poor yesterday and, regrettably, that sums his career up, he's never made it into league football and yesterday probably shows why. Scannell showed, albeit briefly, that he is the real deal. I'd be for us looking after him till he's fit and getting a loan in till that time. Max is sadly never going to be fit enough for full time football.

Obviously, we need to keep McAtee and also Taylor for another year, although it wouldn't surprise me entirely if we don't. Same with Mani, he's not a starter in non-league, so why sign him for League football?

Big decisions and I don't envy PH at all. Thing is, he gets more right than he gets wrong and I think he might be possibly more ruthless than some think.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 135
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Who do we keep?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.