Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Chesterfield.....Match Thread
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 251 Guests

Chesterfield.....Match Thread

This thread currently has 32,044 views. Print
26 Pages Prev ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 15, 2021, 8:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,021
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from 140381

Have you been in space for the last two years?

I remember watching some games thinking the forwards were last season except we had a shite midfield

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 210 - 252
Roast Em Bobby
August 15, 2021, 9:20pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,728
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Joel Grant and Ryan Taylor could be classified as strikers, I’m not sure you would include McAtee.

Not sure I agree with that. But if you are going to class an inside forward as a striker then why discount Sousa (another inside forward similar to Grant) from the argument? You can’t just pick two forwards and say the only two we signed got injured immediately and say that’s embarrassing if you’re not including all the forwards.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 211 - 252
aldi_01
August 15, 2021, 10:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from forza ivano
Embarrassing is what Cod Almighty have exposed in the Fenty Years .
The injuries are simply bad luck. As someone else said Matt Green and James Hanson were marquee signings

Hurst has said that there's a lack of players in that area of th market, and i'd far rather him take his time and get the right man in instead of spending ashed load of money on someone who's not right (it's easily done - see below)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sp.....-Donny-van-Beek.html

This is my thing; people clamouring for a forward…remember when Matt Green signed? Everyone was buzzing but in truth, he was a woeful signing. I liked the bloke but he was a waste of time really.

The stuff Cod Almighty have published is nothing new and was readily available, but fans chose to ignore it…that’s embarrassing…

The fact this thread is now going around in circles with the vast majority realising pre season games mean excrement all and people stating the obvious, we need a striker…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 212 - 252
golfer
August 16, 2021, 8:30am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
We need wingers
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 213 - 252
ivanosandwich
August 16, 2021, 9:47am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,465
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Our height of ambition is the play offs? Maybe?

I feel slightly upset that we’ve bought 4 season tickets if that’s the case.

I bought my season ticket because I'm a fan. Promotion via the play offs would be unbelievable, automatic even better, but if we finish bottom, I'll still be a fan and will buy another season ticket next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 214 - 252
August 16, 2021, 9:49am
Guest User
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I wasn’t aware that Rob is running a popularity contest.

Those with a memory will remember my dislike of the previous regime. I’ve got the PMs to prove it.

I like a lot of what the owners are doing but what pisses me off is the lack of ambition for this season. Some people are happy for a mid table non league finish.

I’m not sure that will cut it with many of the 3000 season tickets

I believe that when the new owners came in that they said it would take time to get GTFC to where they, and us, want it to be.  I have no worries about next season.  I would like to think that we can consolidate the teams position in the NL with the 14 new players we have signed but I also will take any place in the League as long as it doesn't get us relegated again.  That would be a disaster!
Reply: 215 - 252
August 16, 2021, 9:51am
Guest User
Quoted from ivanosandwich

I bought my season ticket because I'm a fan. Promotion via the play offs would be unbelievable, automatic even better, but if we finish bottom, I'll still be a fan and will buy another season ticket next season.

This man is a real supporter.

Reply: 216 - 252
ska face
August 16, 2021, 9:57am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,811
Gold Stars: 852
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I wasn’t aware that Rob is running a popularity contest.

Those with a memory will remember my dislike of the previous regime. I’ve got the PMs to prove it.

I like a lot of what the owners are doing but what pisses me off is the lack of ambition for this season. Some people are happy for a mid table non league finish.

I’m not sure that will cut it with many of the 3000 season tickets

Just wondering who it is you think you’re speaking for?

In one post you’ve claimed to speak for the board, management and squad in saying they’ve no ambition, then claimed to speak for others in saying they’re happy in mid-table, then gone on to assume you speak for 3000 season ticket holders.

Have a bit of humility. You speak for yourself, and you’re just one ársehole, like the rest of us on here, with an opinion. Don’t try and ventriloquise others to strengthen a pretty weak argument.
Private Message
Reply: 217 - 252
Marinerdan
August 16, 2021, 10:06am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +15 / -1
Approval: +957
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from aldi_01

This is my thing; people clamouring for a forward…remember when Matt Green signed? Everyone was buzzing but in truth, he was a woeful signing. I liked the bloke but he was a waste of time really.

The stuff Cod Almighty have published is nothing new and was readily available, but fans chose to ignore it…that’s embarrassing…

The fact this thread is now going around in circles with the vast majority realising pre season games mean excrement all and people stating the obvious, we need a striker…

Fully agree with this. Same could be said for James Hanson too. From memory most of the higher profile strikes we’ve brought in have been at best average (Hannah, Brodie, Jennings, Vernon, Cook, Clark - I’m sure there are loads more).

Aside from Bogle most of our better recent strikers came in with little fanfare.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 218 - 252
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
August 16, 2021, 10:16am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from ska face

Just wondering who it is you think you’re speaking for?

In one post you’ve claimed to speak for the board, management and squad in saying they’ve no ambition, then claimed to speak for others in saying they’re happy in mid-table, then gone on to assume you speak for 3000 season ticket holders.

Have a bit of humility. You speak for yourself, and you’re just one ársehole, like the rest of us on here, with an opinion. Don’t try and ventriloquise others to strengthen a pretty weak argument.

“Well I think he’s more right than wrong. Even us wooden heads can see it.”
( Lord Charles, via Ray Allan))

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 219 - 252
26 Pages Prev ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Chesterfield.....Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.