6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
June 29, 2021, 9:05am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +876
Gold Stars: 123
A little shocked Scannell isn't on there , with spending nearly the entire season on Dave Moores table and probably being on a fair wack he'd be listed.

If he is on a good whack, and he has earned himself the reputation as a sicknote, what chance is there of any team wanting to sign him. Absolutely zero. Probably easier to pay him for another 6 months and hoik him out the door in January
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 54
diehardmariner
June 29, 2021, 9:06am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,719
Gold Stars: 543
Definitely the decision to keep hold of Scannell that's the surprise.  As others have said though, total trust in Hurst when it comes to recruiting and retaining.  He's definitely got more right than he's got wrong.  No doubt that there's a player in Scannell, his pedigree is way above the level he's now at and in glimpses he did show his class.  

Little bit disappointed with the decision to circulate Idehan as I thought, unlike a few, that he looked decent when he played early in the season.  At one point he was our best defender, hardly a high bar I appreciate.  Definitely the potential in him to work with but Hurst sees them every day in training.  Starbuck disappointed me in what I thought was going to be his big breakthrough year so not sure what chances we've got of getting a sell-on for him.  

Whilst appreciating that he seems a lovely guy and clearly has an incredible work ethic, I can't say I'm disappointed that Jackson's name is circulated.  I actually think Montel Gibson showed more promise than Jackson but I'm disappointed he's on his way either.

This is the squad that finished rock bottom of the pile.  With the exceptions of those that came in late and gave us some hope, we really shouldn't be disappointed at losing anyone!
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 54
Rodley Mariner
June 29, 2021, 9:16am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 180
DHM I thougt the same in terms of Gibson showing more than Jackson though that was definitely more of a reflection on the latter than the former. Saw nothing from either that suggested their level is more than lower reaches of the National or more realistically the North/South. Good luck to them though - not their fault they were given ridiculous contracts by a total charlatan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 54
Jarmo.Is.God
June 29, 2021, 10:18am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Said numerous times last season, that Scannell is a quality player, that was involved in a shite show of a season.
He hasn't managed to play over 200 games at championship level by fluke.
He could really be a top player next season IMO.

Jackson is one of them players that got better the more he was in the media, rather than on the pitch.
Genuinely hope the guy has a good career in football, but if we want to be fighting for promotion, we need better

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 54
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
June 29, 2021, 10:25am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Perhaps Scannell has had a heart to to heart with Hurst who pointed out the facts of life to the lad. His rep is at an all time low, if he leaves here with that rep the only way is down. If he has any ambition at all now is the time to show it. A full pre-season and hit the ground running. If he does well he has at least a sporting chance of getting back to league footie one way or the other.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Matt Dean

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.