6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
mariners1
March 15, 2021, 4:56pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +201
Gold Stars: 1
Well, I’m and old man now but I’ve been going to BP since I was 10 and I’m not going to stop now. Luckily I’m still in a position where I can afford to. Been thru thick and thin in the last 55+ years (majority of them in the thin category) so I’ll be in the definitely will return camp.....the alternative is staying at home with the bloody wife and we’ve just had a year of covid stuck at home so, while I respect and understand those who are doubtful or who will wait and see, personally I will be getting my season ticket again. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 52
TownSNAFU5
March 15, 2021, 5:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
John Fenty may love the Club. But his material gains (reimbursing shares/costs and the Trust shares) certainly come first.

His support for May and threatening to sell Liam Hearn if he was not given the Trust shares, showed him in his true colours. These professional and personal qualities are not compatible with Grimsby Town FC.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 52
Zmariner
March 15, 2021, 5:28pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

No it doesn’t. It fails the fit and proper fan test.

It laughable and frankly embarrassing

The fact that people have paid their dues as supporters over many seasons makes no difference. The day you stop supporting and the day you stop spending at the club, is the day you are no longer a fan. You might just as well tell us you are a Man Utd or Liverpool fan, and not go and watch them either

I see you are the self-proclaimed creator of the definition of a fan. I just think we are lucky to have people as clever as you on this board
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 52
DB
March 15, 2021, 5:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.38
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
Interestingly Fillipe on this thread has managed to divide supporters between those that will attend and those that will not attend future matches at BP, even throwing in his love for JF.

All support Town whether you attend BP or not and their are many, many reasons for not attending BP. Those down south and those who live abroad, those with health problems and those with money problems. Those that can't stand JF and his puppets, those that are totally down hearted and dispirited at the retched performance of the team including Hurst's management. Those that have been there through thick and thin and can longer put up with a season, or more, in the NL.

All these people are still supporters, just like the prem team supporters in Asia etc. They will not give up their love for the club just because they will not be inside BP. Ask all these people "who are we, who are we" TOWN is the answer.

Condition is not what makes a supporter it is sticking up for town on here, in the paper, at work or the pub in the street, with neighbours or where ever. To use Fillipe's words all supporters give unconditional support.

No abbreviation, UP THE MARINERS and up the supporters one and all.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 52
Sandford1981
March 15, 2021, 6:00pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
I liken my stance to being with  a woman who you love but that cheats on you regularly. You love her and being with her but you can’t abide the infidelity. You put up with it for a while and promises are made and broken. You make demands and say this is the last time. Every time it happens you take her back because it’s what you know, it’s habit and you love her.

The problem is, that every time you take her back you are supporting her behaviour and saying it’s ok. Because I love you, it’s what I know and I’m used to it, I’ll forgive you your trespasses. Then one day the penny finally drops. Her behaviour is not acceptable. It’s damaging, disrespectful and you can do better. Forget how hot she is or how good the bedroom activities are. Youre done and will no longer be taken for a mug.

That’s how I see it. Except if town was the woman in question she’d be a munter and the sex crap too.

P.S this is in no way autobiographical or a cry for help!

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 52
grimsby pete
March 15, 2021, 6:20pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
Fenty does love our club.

BUT

Not as much as he loves himself.

If you have to listen to one of his speeches you will find how much he loves himself.

He spent 25 minutes telling me how he did this and did that and  I paid for the call.!!!!!!!!

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 52
forza ivano
March 15, 2021, 7:55pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,285
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from mimma
I support Grimsby Town Football Club,  not the board, the chairman or whatever, GTFC full stop.
There will always be highs and lows, but the club must survive for us to enjoy the highs when we get them.
To hasten our demise just because you personally don't like the bloke in charge is just plain daft and as far as I am concerned, is not what a true died in the wool supporter should be advocating. If you don't want to go then fine, but let us all make our own mind up thank you.
Nothing is forever,  bide your time and wait. It will change with or without you.

Think Blackpool fans who managed to oust the odious Oystons  & Chester  fans who eventaully saw the back of the criminal Vaughan might disagree with you and Filipe
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 52
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
March 15, 2021, 9:01pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from Fishy clapper

Virginity?

No. That was enjoyable.

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 52
TAGG
March 15, 2021, 9:18pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,938
Gold Stars: 126
Town have been my footballing life since 1969

If Fenty is still there next season i will not renewing my ST and never will while he has our club.

When we go down if Hurst is still in charge I will not renew my ST

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 52
DB
March 16, 2021, 12:41am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.38
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
From reading this and speaking to other ST holders attracting fans to buy season tickets will be a big job for the consortium, especially as it looks like the NL and Hurst next season. The bigger problem will be getting other fans into BP for these reasons and also after near on 15 months of non attendance, poor displays on ifollow and changing habits.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Unconditional

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.