DB
March 14, 2021, 6:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,055
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from Dogger Bank

If this is true then it's a disgrace. The Trust have a duty to ask for the shares back and Fenty should have the decency to hand them over.

I don't know how to do it but if you listen to a playback of RH after towns game yesterday it was on then

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 52
ginnywings
March 14, 2021, 10:52pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
I will no longer be a regular at BP no matter what league we are in. Done 50 years unwavering support but I've  found better things to do with my weekends over the last couple of years. I'll be out in the wilds of the UK somewhere, but if I'm at home and we are playing, I will pop along.

I kept going right through the 6 years in non league and bought my season ticket every season. Unlike some other fans who actually enjoyed our time down there, I hated it. Dull teams playing dull football and hardly any atmosphere. It was generally 22 massive blokes with little finesse, kicking the sh1t out of a football.

The only games I can remember with any clarity were the ones against Scunny and Huddersfield in the cup. Reminded me of what it should be like at a football match.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 52
KingstonMariner
March 14, 2021, 10:59pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I remember plenty of games with an atmosphere back in the Conference Ginny. Just not many at Blundell Park.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 52
ginnywings
March 14, 2021, 11:06pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from KingstonMariner
I remember plenty of games with an atmosphere back in the Conference Ginny. Just not many at Blundell Park.

Yeah, fair comment, but I stopped doing away games before we went out of the league and didn't feel the urge to start them again. A few of my mates said the away games were better than BP, but I can only comment on the home games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 52
KingstonMariner
March 14, 2021, 11:07pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Yeah, fair comment, but I stopped doing away games before we went out of the league and didn't feel the urge to start them again. A few of my mates said the away games were better than BP, but I can only comment on the home games.

And unfortunately it’s only the home games that give count for ticket revenue.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 52
Fishy clapper
March 14, 2021, 11:12pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +78
Gold Stars: 14
I will maintain my boycott, which has been in place since Jolleys team stayed up, until such time as Fenty has gone and all vestiges of his time at the club have been removed, this does not mean the team and it's manager. Maybe then I can perhaps learn to love the club again, because at the moment I don't. Fenty took something away from me and I don't know whether I'll ever find it again.

Virginity?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 52
KingstonMariner
March 14, 2021, 11:18pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Fishy clapper

Virginity?

No. Pennsylvany

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 52
Fillipe Noche
March 15, 2021, 8:03am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
I didn’t expect this post to bring out such a myriad of views and it’s quite interesting to read some of the replies.

Still one or two on here that still think I’m a director or employee of GTFC and that’s comical. I’m just a normal fan. Neither have I got a friendship or acquaintance with John Fenty. I just see his stewardship at the club over the years differently to most others on here.

Perhaps the most interesting thing is to see the high number of people on here that have already stopped going to games over the years, and those that are in that not a penny more brigade. I was quite shocked to hear that.

This next comment may not be received very well, but I’ll make it anyway, because let’s face it, none of my comments are normally received very well.....

If you are a stay away supporter and in the not a penny more brigade, no matter what your history is with the club, I question whether or not you are a loyal supporter of your club. I question why you are even on a web forum like this when you aren’t even supporting your club. I’d suggest that John Fenty, the very man you spend your life moaning about, is probably a more loyal fan of the club than you are. As are those of us that have continued to support the club fully, through good, bad or indifferent. Both when supporters in the ground were allowed and on iFollow more recently.

Why on earth are they on the Fishy, venting your spleen about Grimsby, if they aren’t even your club and you aren’t even supporting them?

The title of my post was “unconditional”.
It seems to have uncovered many whose support isn’t unconditional, as well as those that are on here but aren’t even supporters.

You can come back at me with all of the “ah but” comments you wish, including stuff about crowdfunding etc. But when all is said and done, if the cap fits then where it. If you turn your back on your club, and you are not supporting it, then you aren’t really a fan. You just someone that once was a fan, but is now just hanging around in this virtual world, hedging your bets, until there is a bit of glory to jump on the bandwagon with.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 52
Sandford1981
March 15, 2021, 8:13am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
I didn’t expect this post to bring out such a myriad of views and it’s quite interesting to read some of the replies.

Still one or two on here that still think I’m a director or employee of GTFC and that’s comical. I’m just a normal fan. Neither have I got a friendship or acquaintance with John Fenty. I just see his stewardship at the club over the years differently to most others on here.

Perhaps the most interesting thing is to see the high number of people on here that have already stopped going to games over the years, and those that are in that not a penny more brigade. I was quite shocked to hear that.

This next comment may not be received very well, but I’ll make it anyway, because let’s face it, none of my comments are normally received very well.....

If you are a stay away supporter and in the not a penny more brigade, no matter what your history is with the club, I question whether or not you are a loyal supporter of your club. I question why you are even on a web forum like this when you aren’t even supporting your club. I’d suggest that John Fenty, the very man you spend your life moaning about, is probably a more loyal fan of the club than you are. As are those of us that have continued to support the club fully, through good, bad or indifferent. Both when supporters in the ground were allowed and on iFollow more recently.

Why on earth are you on the Fishy, venting your spleen about Grimsby, if they are even your club and you aren’t even supporting them?

It seems to have uncovered many whose support isn’t unconditional, as well as those that are on here but aren’t even supporters.

You can come back at me with all of the “ah but” comments you wish, including stuff about crowdfunding etc. But when all is said and done, if the cap fits then where it. If you turn your back on your club, and you are not supporting it, then you aren’t really a fan. You just someone that once was a fan, but is now just hanging around in this virtual world, hedging your bets, until there is a bit of glory to jump on the bandwagon with.

I cannot explain in strong enough terms how comfortable I am with your labels. If you think I’m not loyal, a fan, supporter or that I’m some sort of glory hunter (oh the irony) then so be it.
It’s your blind version of loyalty that allows Fenty et al to preside over 20 years of complete failure and utter misery. You are part of the problem.
Enough is enough.

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 52
mariner91
March 15, 2021, 8:43am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,772
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

Why on earth are they on the Fishy, venting your spleen about Grimsby, if they aren’t even your club and you aren’t even supporting them?

And I'd suggest that this is absolute bollocks. Yes he helped out when the tax man was calling and for that I am grateful. However, his association with Alex May and the fact he was quite happy for this convicted fraudster to have some sort of say in the goings on at Blundell Park prove that he doesn't give two shites for the club and is much more concerned with his own wallet.

His reign has been disastrous with only one top half finish in the FL in nearly two decades sandwiching the club's only spell in non-league to date. This will soon be followed by another one which he is to blame for again although his ego will never allow him to accept or admit this. During that time the rest of us have spent thousands of £s following and supporting the club. Whilst that is less in actual terms than he has spent, in relative terms for a lot of fans it will be just as much. For that money we didn't get the perks of running the club, the board room do's, the kudos etc. And, as far as I know, not one of us have asked for any of that money back. Fenty wants every single penny back. And worse, he intends to profit from his extortion of the Trust's shares. Given the monumental lack of investment and the mess he's left it in, £2.5 million would go a long way to getting the club back on it's feet. But Fenty doesn't care about GTFC, all he cares about is his back pocket.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Unconditional

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.