Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mariners Trust AGM
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 238 Guests

Mariners Trust AGM

This thread currently has 13,930 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
pizzzza
February 12, 2021, 6:27pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,721
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Bigdog

In two days your Twitter post has had three likes and zero comments. Within two hours on here there have been nearly twenty posts. One it should tell you about interactivity levels with either audience and also by using the GTFC hashtag the window of visibility is so much shorter. For the sake of two minutes I find it bizarre that the Trust won't add The Fishy to its marketing base. It's the premier (only) GTFC fan's forum, the fans you represent, young or old, you should be as broad a church as possible. Not posting on here and the reasoning behind it is the sort of thinking that makes me want to pull my hair out and back up my present feelings that the Trust are never going to be the driving force that everyone wants it to be..

Couldn't agree more, it's not just the wider reach though, if the Trust had started this thread they would have had the opportunity to control the narrative and make it positive. Instead it becomes a thread mostly critical of the Trust "why can't the Trust do this/that", etc.

I, like others, are more than happy to help the Trust if that help is needed/wanted?

Private Message
Reply: 20 - 166
forza ivano
February 12, 2021, 6:47pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,285
Gold Stars: 266
FAO PIZZZA / BIGDOG  (&  BARRALAD)

How about one of you (or anyone else on here who is a Trust member)  volunteer to post Trust information on here? It'd take very little effort and would be doing something useful.
By 'driving the agenda' the Trust gets immediate positive coverage, and hopefully could be used to encourage more people to join?

It might not seem a big thing, but I'm a firm believer in the David Brailsford philosophy that to improve 100% you need to improve 100 things by 1%
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 166
DB
February 12, 2021, 7:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,055
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from friskneymariner
My perception of the Trust is it members are predominately male, pale and stale,perhaps a first step would be to examine your membership by demographics such as age range,gender,and ethnicity.This would be the first step to identify where you need to increase your coverage.

So I'm White ( when I have a wash ) male, old and state my opinions. Should I join the Trust being a Town supporter or not ?

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 166
friskneymariner
February 12, 2021, 7:15pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from DB

So I'm White ( when I have a wash ) male, old and state my opinions. Should I join the Trust being a Town supporter or not ?

Not very good about this diversity thing are you,it's about reasons why people don't join.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 166
barralad
February 12, 2021, 7:16pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from malkamalka

Am I reading this correctly? You don't want to use a fans web site because you want your own site to be the primary source? How dismal is that? Then you say others post your communications on here anyway.

Is that them doing your job for you? How long does it take to post on this Forum? That's if you want to reach potential new members of course!

This thread started as a criticism (valid or not depending on your point of view) of the fact that the Trust didnt post on here the details of the AGM. Like it or not the AGM is aimed primarily at fully paid up members inviting them to the meeting. There is no measurable benefit to posting that information on here.
If I wanted to find out about an organisation that I was interested in joining I would search for the website belonging to that organisation.
In the past I've posted detail on here and will do so again.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 166
DB
February 12, 2021, 7:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,055
Gold Stars: 391

Not very good about this diversity thing are you,it's about reasons why people don't join.

Diversity , It means understanding that each individual is unique, and recognizing our individual differences. These can be along the dimensions of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, age, physical abilities, religious beliefs, political beliefs, or other ideologies.

or

A dance group

Not very good about this diversity thing are you !

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 166
Bigdog
February 12, 2021, 7:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.12
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from barralad

This thread started as a criticism (valid or not depending on your point of view) of the fact that the Trust didnt post on here the details of the AGM. Like it or not the AGM is aimed primarily at fully paid up members inviting them to the meeting. There is no measurable benefit to posting that information on here.
If I wanted to find out about an organisation that I was interested in joining I would search for the website belonging to that organisation.
In the past I've posted detail on here and will do so again.

So why post it on Twitter and Facebook then?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 166
friskneymariner
February 12, 2021, 7:50pm

Brandy Drinker
Only equality and diversity manager .for large public sector organisation for 13 years,your call

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 166
Fishy clapper
February 12, 2021, 8:06pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +78
Gold Stars: 14
Only equality and diversity manager .for large public sector organisation for 13 years,your call

Shite operations manger pushed sideways?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 166
friskneymariner
February 12, 2021, 8:09pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Fishy clapper

Shite operations manger pushed sideways?

Shite operations coming to the realisation the system did not care about the people it was supposed to be helping .

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 166
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mariners Trust AGM

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.