pizzzza
February 15, 2021, 8:17am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,721
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from forza ivano
just as a matter of interest how many members do the Trust have?

Around 720 (based on the OP saying that a third of the membership is around 240)
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 166
pizzzza
February 15, 2021, 8:27am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,721
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from KingstonMariner

We’re you a member at the time and did you vote against?

I was and did.

I find it amazing that everyone says they were one of the 13% who voted against. Sorry for picking on you as an example KM, I'm not saying you didn't but others have said the same elsewhere in the thread, nobody admits to voting for giving the shares to JF. When supposedly 87% voted for, it doesn't add up to me.
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 166
aldi_01
February 15, 2021, 9:33am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from pizzzza

I find it amazing that everyone says they were one of the 13% who voted against. Sorry for picking on you as an example KM, I'm not saying you didn't but others have said the same elsewhere in the thread, nobody admits to voting for giving the shares to JF. When supposedly 87% voted for, it doesn't add up to me.

Spike island syndrome/pistols at the gardens.

I’d be inclined to believe the folk on here who have said they didn’t vote to give him the shares, their views have remained pretty consistent throughout.

I have met people who voted to hand them over, sadly, these folk were the ones who swallowed the whole ‘kept the club afloat’ Fenty the saviour nonsense and thus voted accordingly.

I remember one saying “I voted to hand them over because the trust don’t know how to run a football club but he does” - I haven’t seen this person to speak to since we’ve been banished from BP. I’m intrigued to see if they maintain that opinion...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 166
Kristine
February 15, 2021, 10:12am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 41
240 is 1/3 of the membership eligible to vote.  So on top of that you have the U16's, which brings the total to about 775.

Quoted from pizzzza

Around 720 (based on the OP saying that a third of the membership is around 240)

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 166
friskneymariner
February 15, 2021, 10:25am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Hate to point it out mate, but we live in a hierarchical society. It’s a case of hang together or hang separately. If you think a supporters trust is the wrong kind of organisation let me introduce you to the people that run the country.

Who says I take part in society.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 166
grimsby pete
February 15, 2021, 11:30am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from pizzzza

I did not vote because I was not convinced either way.

As far as I remember scrooge  said to the Trust he would put 200,000k into the budget of they donated 250,000 k of shares to him.

I could be wrong as my memory is starting to play tricks with me.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 166
barralad
February 15, 2021, 12:01pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from grimsby pete

I did not vote because I was not convinced either way.

As far as I remember scrooge  said to the Trust he would put 200,000k into the budget of they donated 250,000 k of shares to him.

I could be wrong as my memory is starting to play tricks with me.

No Pete you are right. The agreement was that JF would buy £200K worth of "new" money shares.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 166
lew chaterleys lover
February 15, 2021, 12:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,788
Gold Stars: 237
You would have to very naive indeed to imagine someone whose greatest achievement was to provide a sink for the ladies would in any way be a good chap to work with.

Even a cursory chat to the business community would give you, shall we say a less than glowing report so quite how the hierarchy of the Trust did not disassociate themselves from the boardroom years ago is anybody's guess.

I thought, also naively as it turns out, that a fans Trust would be for the fans; to tell their membership straight what the situation was like in the boardroom and start and support a campaign for change.

It got worse as the years went by; why didn't the trust act after the infamous fans forum, for example. One example of many.

It is good that Fenty has brought about his own downfall, as I doubt anyone close to the club was going to do it. Somebody may have tipped the press off about Mr May, but it was about 10 years too late.

Things happen for a reason I guess, and although it would have been better not to go through all these miserable years we should be in a much better place soon, especially if we stay up.
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 166
TAGG
February 15, 2021, 8:38pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,938
Gold Stars: 126
These are serious questions I'm not getting at anyone.
1 Why does the Trust even exist
2 What does it do.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 166
moosey_club
February 15, 2021, 9:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,324
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from aldi_01

Spike island syndrome/pistols at the gardens.

I’d be inclined to believe the folk on here who have said they didn’t vote to give him the shares, their views have remained pretty consistent throughout.

I have met people who voted to hand them over, sadly, these folk were the ones who swallowed the whole ‘kept the club afloat’ Fenty the saviour nonsense and thus voted accordingly.

I remember one saying “I voted to hand them over because the trust don’t know how to run a football club but he does” - I haven’t seen this person to speak to since we’ve been banished from BP. I’m intrigued to see if they maintain that opinion...

That was the first thing that came to my mind...." Sex Pistols at the Lesser Free Trade Hall in Manchester" ..and just about every Manc musician over the last 40 yrs being there  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 166
17 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mariners Trust AGM

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.