5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
DB
February 7, 2021, 1:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,055
Gold Stars: 391
Results business is the common name for what we're in.

Yes it's JF and IH fault were in this mess and it is results we need now. 27 games, 21 point tells part of the story. 2 points and 3 goals from Christmas tells the truth and every excuse you can think of. I have read posts that the 'new' team needs time to gel, to get use to each other and 4/5 games should make them a fighting unit or words to that effect.

WAKEY WAKEY we haven't got time, it's running out. The niceties of football have gone and it's results we need. When do we need them, NOW.  4/5 games and shall we be kind and say 3 points would put us just above Barrow assuming they lose there 4/5 games and 2 games in hand.

4/5 games would make it 32 played and 11 left and with my generous extra points (3) would give us 24 points. Will a newly gelled team get 33 points from the last 11 games. It's nice to dream. Barrow will be a 6 pointer and if we win they may still have 2 games in hand.

I'm optimistic but it's a very, very tall order even for Hursty. I am starting to wonder if, like an implication I read, that he said to the consortium that it is a mess, I might be able to salvage it but we should plan for the worst.

Optimistic as I am until it's mathematically impossible to survive I think the reality of our situation is slowly gradually starting to kick in.

UTM

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
LondonMariner43
February 7, 2021, 1:51pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,979
Gold Stars: 64
What is the point of this?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 41
malkamalka
February 7, 2021, 1:52pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +150
Gold Stars: 17
Where did you read what Hurst said to the Consortium?

If they have any knoweldge of football at all, I think they will know what a mess it is.

We'll know by the end of the month I guess.

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 41
DB
February 7, 2021, 1:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from LondonMariner43
What is the point of this?

A reality check.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 41
DB
February 7, 2021, 1:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from malkamalka
Where did you read what Hurst said to the Consortium?

If they have any knoweldge of football at all, I think they will know what a mess it is.

We'll know by the end of the month I guess.

I said implication which was on a post on this web site.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 41
Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie
February 7, 2021, 2:06pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,482
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from DB

A reality check.

I’m sure we’re all massively grateful to you for pointing out that we need to win games. Until then I thought things were ticking along nicely. Another bizarre and pointless post from the very odd DB. Something doesn’t ring true about this poster.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 41
Grimsbynewhope
February 7, 2021, 2:15pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 1
We need to win games to stay up, I’m sure nobody would have thought of that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 41
DB
February 7, 2021, 2:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker

I’m sure we’re all massively grateful to you for pointing out that we need to win games. Until then I thought things were ticking along nicely. Another bizarre and pointless post from the very odd DB. Something doesn’t ring true about this poster.

That's point of the post so people in cuckoo land need waking up.

To explain the post to you, even though make meaningless personal comments, I like others are fed up of reading excuses for very poor performances. Some still say give it time, I'm sure we'll stay up ( but not how). Even GrimRob predicted we'd go down.

So if you don't the reality of the situation buy some rose coloured glass's.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 41
cannylad68
February 7, 2021, 2:24pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +33
Gold Stars: 8
As I pointed out days ago, Specsavers have sold out of rose tinted glasses.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 41
chrissy
February 7, 2021, 2:34pm

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +563
Quoted from DB
Results business is the common name for what we're in.

Yes it's JF and IH fault were in this mess and it is results we need now. 27 games, 21 point tells part of the story. 2 points and 3 goals from Christmas tells the truth and every excuse you can think of. I have read posts that the 'new' team needs time to gel, to get use to each other and 4/5 games should make them a fighting unit or words to that effect.

WAKEY WAKEY we haven't got time, it's running out. The niceties of football have gone and it's results we need. When do we need them, NOW.  4/5 games and shall we be kind and say 3 points would put us just above Barrow assuming they lose there 4/5 games and 2 games in hand.

4/5 games would make it 32 played and 11 left and with my generous extra points (3) would give us 24 points. Will a newly gelled team get 33 points from the last 11 games. It's nice to dream. Barrow will be a 6 pointer and if we win they may still have 2 games in hand.

I'm optimistic but it's a very, very tall order even for Hursty. I am starting to wonder if, like an implication I read, that he said to the consortium that it is a mess, I might be able to salvage it but we should plan for the worst.

Optimistic as I am until it's mathematically impossible to survive I think the reality of our situation is slowly gradually starting to kick in.

UTM

The answer is  42

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 41
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Results Business

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.