DB
February 7, 2021, 10:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.38
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from RonMariner

I think so. That gift of 3 points to Stevenage last week could be there get out of jail could come the end of the season.

The trouble is Ron we've given too many 3 point gifts away, I think they all thought it's Christmas!

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 41
A Brace Of Tees
February 8, 2021, 5:44am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +706
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from DB

The main reason for my thread is I am fed up of people posting that it's only a matter of time before we come good, or some excuse or other. It was to these people my thread was posted not those who realise the absolute sh1t we are in.

I totally agree with what you have said for which a Gold Star is heading your way. We may all differ in opinions but the one cause, regardless of our personal opinions, is the absolute success of the team.

Saying it's only a matter of time before we come good isn't an excuse, it's merely an observation made by sensible people with cool heads during what is an extremely difficult time for our club.

I get the feeling DB that you're one of these people sat at home with far too much time on your hands and therefore occupy yourself with pointless posts like this one.

We're not so deluded that we're unaware of the situation we're in, but thank you anyway for pointing out the bleedin' obvious.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 41
cannylad68
February 8, 2021, 7:30am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +33
Gold Stars: 8
I don't understand how posters on here can say that we have a far better squad now, after watching them for only 90 minutes.
The knives will be out soon for some of the new players.
Perhaps it has already started with our new left back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 41
February 8, 2021, 8:57am
Guest User
[quote=2566]I don't understand how posters on here can say that we have a far better squad now, after watching them for only 90 minutes.
Perhaps it has already started with our new left back.[/q]

Anyone who has even the slightest knowledge of football can see that this squad is miles ahead of the pre Transfer Window squad.

Reply: 33 - 41
mariner91
February 8, 2021, 9:09am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,769
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from cannylad68
I don't understand how posters on here can say that we have a far better squad now, after watching them for only 90 minutes.
Perhaps it has already started with our new left back.

Because that's already 90 minutes more of passable football than most of the previous starting eleven have managed all season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 41
Garth
February 8, 2021, 9:19am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Its a strange thing to say, but I will back Hurst's ability to get this new team to grind out wins, than Hollowords team of  youngsters
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 41
Nutsy
February 8, 2021, 9:51am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +158
Gold Stars: 5
I think some replies to BD are not required.

Essentially, yes you can look at the numbers and see it's a tough call.

However, this squad PH has assembled is far and away better than IH - yes the numbers don't lend themselves to this but anyone with eyes could see this.

We just have to keep supporting, and see what happens.

If we go down, but are bought out, I will still follow Town and I would love to see PH stay.

If we go down, and Fenty still remains, I will have to consider how much I will support the team.

Hurst has brought in a load of new players, the only thing missing yesterday was a team understanding and that comes with time - yes we don't have a lot of time - but PH isn't a fool and they will work on this.

I bet we will see a huge upturn this next week.

UTM

PS, I hope Adams works a little on his crossing this week, not having a pop but if he can whip them and when Morais is back - that is an exciting prospect!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 41
denni266
February 8, 2021, 9:58am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +703
Gold Stars: 132
I take my hat off to the players who have come here this window. not many would come to a sinking ship, and i expect they will get better and fitter each week , Now weather we have enough time left to save us is questionable to say the least. Yes i am known for venting steam at times but its not the players that are only trying to earn a living , its the club ie penny pinching fenty and his merry yes men that are to blame. I bet he has a 50p slot on the loo roll dispenser at home . I think we have a stronger  squad now  , mind thats not hard to do given the standard of players hollowbrain got in
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 41
KingstonMariner
February 8, 2021, 10:36am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from denni266
I take my hat off to the players who have come here this window. not many would come to a sinking ship, and i expect they will get better and fitter each week , Now weather we have enough time left to save us is questionable to say the least. Yes i am known for venting steam at times but its not the players that are only trying to earn a living , its the club ie penny pinching fenty and his merry yes men that are to blame. I bet he has a 50p slot on the loo roll dispenser at home . I think we have a stronger  squad now  , mind thats not hard to do given the standard of players hollowbrain got in

PMSL 🤣

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 41
DB
February 8, 2021, 1:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.38
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from A Brace Of Tees

Saying it's only a matter of time before we come good isn't an excuse, it's merely an observation made by sensible people with cool heads during what is an extremely difficult time for our club.

I get the feeling DB that you're one of these people sat at home with far too much time on your hands and therefore occupy yourself with pointless posts like this one.

We're not so deluded that we're unaware of the situation we're in, but thank you anyway for pointing out the bleedin' obvious.

I was under the impression that this site is a democratic site for fans. For every post or thread on here you could say it is obvious whether it be a comment on the pitch, the missed goal ,the players attitude, league position, Hursrt etc..

Sensible people is very debateable and a definition would help. A X for posting a Town win, confirming positive statements is not exactly the actions of sensible genuine fans. More like the actions of scunny, fenty and holoway fans.

Cool Head is what the captain of the Titanic had.

'extremely difficult time for our club' isn't that an obvious remark akin to your criticism of me!

'We're not so deluded that we're unaware of the situation we're in'  so why do I read many negative posts by some.

'pointless posts' So you watch a game, hear the after match interviews and absorb what has happened and said. To use you word every opinion will be a  pointless post. Their would no purpose would their, pointless heard it seen it! so why post?

It's all called passion, opinion and freedom of speech.

No doubt you are in need of green ticks, lets face it any having a pop at DB gets a green tick. Must boost your ego. I think I have dissected you words to show how irrelevant and meaningless they are. The next time your body wishes to dump a load of sh!te please get mummy to put your nappy on so we sensible people don't get a whiff of it.

Having wrote the above I say to you, and not in any form of sarcasm, you do have my respect for your post. I obviously do not agree with you but as I have often said we should respect the opinions of others. My other reason for my respect is that, unlike the X brigade a division of the North Korean puppet, you do have the decency to put your name to what you think.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 41
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Results Business

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.