5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
DB
February 7, 2021, 1:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,055
Gold Stars: 391
Results business is the common name for what we're in.

Yes it's JF and IH fault were in this mess and it is results we need now. 27 games, 21 point tells part of the story. 2 points and 3 goals from Christmas tells the truth and every excuse you can think of. I have read posts that the 'new' team needs time to gel, to get use to each other and 4/5 games should make them a fighting unit or words to that effect.

WAKEY WAKEY we haven't got time, it's running out. The niceties of football have gone and it's results we need. When do we need them, NOW.  4/5 games and shall we be kind and say 3 points would put us just above Barrow assuming they lose there 4/5 games and 2 games in hand.

4/5 games would make it 32 played and 11 left and with my generous extra points (3) would give us 24 points. Will a newly gelled team get 33 points from the last 11 games. It's nice to dream. Barrow will be a 6 pointer and if we win they may still have 2 games in hand.

I'm optimistic but it's a very, very tall order even for Hursty. I am starting to wonder if, like an implication I read, that he said to the consortium that it is a mess, I might be able to salvage it but we should plan for the worst.

Optimistic as I am until it's mathematically impossible to survive I think the reality of our situation is slowly gradually starting to kick in.

UTM

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
LondonMariner43
February 7, 2021, 1:51pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,979
Gold Stars: 64
What is the point of this?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 41
malkamalka
February 7, 2021, 1:52pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +150
Gold Stars: 17
Where did you read what Hurst said to the Consortium?

If they have any knoweldge of football at all, I think they will know what a mess it is.

We'll know by the end of the month I guess.

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 41
DB
February 7, 2021, 1:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from LondonMariner43
What is the point of this?

A reality check.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 41
DB
February 7, 2021, 1:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from malkamalka
Where did you read what Hurst said to the Consortium?

If they have any knoweldge of football at all, I think they will know what a mess it is.

We'll know by the end of the month I guess.

I said implication which was on a post on this web site.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 41
Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie
February 7, 2021, 2:06pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,482
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from DB

A reality check.

I’m sure we’re all massively grateful to you for pointing out that we need to win games. Until then I thought things were ticking along nicely. Another bizarre and pointless post from the very odd DB. Something doesn’t ring true about this poster.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 41
Grimsbynewhope
February 7, 2021, 2:15pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 1
We need to win games to stay up, I’m sure nobody would have thought of that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 41
DB
February 7, 2021, 2:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker

I’m sure we’re all massively grateful to you for pointing out that we need to win games. Until then I thought things were ticking along nicely. Another bizarre and pointless post from the very odd DB. Something doesn’t ring true about this poster.

That's point of the post so people in cuckoo land need waking up.

To explain the post to you, even though make meaningless personal comments, I like others are fed up of reading excuses for very poor performances. Some still say give it time, I'm sure we'll stay up ( but not how). Even GrimRob predicted we'd go down.

So if you don't the reality of the situation buy some rose coloured glass's.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 41
cannylad68
February 7, 2021, 2:24pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +33
Gold Stars: 8
As I pointed out days ago, Specsavers have sold out of rose tinted glasses.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 41
chrissy
February 7, 2021, 2:34pm

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Approval: +563
Quoted from DB
Results business is the common name for what we're in.

Yes it's JF and IH fault were in this mess and it is results we need now. 27 games, 21 point tells part of the story. 2 points and 3 goals from Christmas tells the truth and every excuse you can think of. I have read posts that the 'new' team needs time to gel, to get use to each other and 4/5 games should make them a fighting unit or words to that effect.

WAKEY WAKEY we haven't got time, it's running out. The niceties of football have gone and it's results we need. When do we need them, NOW.  4/5 games and shall we be kind and say 3 points would put us just above Barrow assuming they lose there 4/5 games and 2 games in hand.

4/5 games would make it 32 played and 11 left and with my generous extra points (3) would give us 24 points. Will a newly gelled team get 33 points from the last 11 games. It's nice to dream. Barrow will be a 6 pointer and if we win they may still have 2 games in hand.

I'm optimistic but it's a very, very tall order even for Hursty. I am starting to wonder if, like an implication I read, that he said to the consortium that it is a mess, I might be able to salvage it but we should plan for the worst.

Optimistic as I am until it's mathematically impossible to survive I think the reality of our situation is slowly gradually starting to kick in.

UTM

The answer is  42

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 41
Rick12
February 7, 2021, 2:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45

Another bizarre and pointless post from the very odd DB. Something doesn’t ring true about this poster.
I  think DB is genuine. I feel the club maybe like a bit of a family/tribal  group to him as it to many others on here and for others within  the wider football family. He may overdo the threads  at times though  .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 41
Northbank Mariner
February 7, 2021, 2:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,533
Gold Stars: 172
Think the problem is DB, right now you are comparing apples with oranges.
I don't think one town fan doesn't see the mire we are in but you also have to put into perspective that was caused by a bloated squad of pure n utter crud built by the one who will not be named.
What we have now is virtually a brand new starting 11 and after what I saw yesterday they have far more quality than what has gone before.
So we are not deluded, nor needed a thread to discuss it as we've all been feeling down with Town recently and this just rubs salt in very open wounds, but most genuinely think this team have given us hope we can string enough results together to get us moving in the right direction.
Time will tell and if we do happen to go down, I will be supporting town with as much vigour as I have for last 45 years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 41
Rick12
February 7, 2021, 2:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Time will tell and if we do happen to go down, I will be supporting town with as much vigour as I have for last 45 years.
Love that passion 👍

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 41
ginnywings
February 7, 2021, 3:02pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
You are 80's Glory and I claim my prawn sandwich.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 41
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
February 7, 2021, 3:05pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
The problem is one that Hurst has faced before. This is indeed a results business but his love of strikers who are not strikers works against him here. None of those three experienced strikers is exactly prolific. LJL was well known for not being able to hit a barn door and take away his penalties,  his scoring record is nothing great. Likewise the other two. Not criticising, they are what they are.So allowing for that, where is the magic goal coming from?

We need some luck first and foremost. It might come if we get more players in the box with the ball when we are on top. Make it count.

I think Hurst knows this and it was why he mentioned about having been close to signing another striker before the deadline. But we are stuck with what we have. No six yard box poacher so we have to make the best of being one egg short of a decent omelette.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 41
Swansea_Mariner
February 7, 2021, 3:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,474
Gold Stars: 63
Pointless pointless post, people are not naive they understand the basic concepts in play here, people are trying to be glass half full. What else are we supposed to do pepper this website with endless negative nonsense?

Hurst ain't got the results yet but he's been working with both hands and one leg tied behind his back. If he runs out of time, well that's that isn't it, we'll go again next year in the conference. Not ideal but at least we're rid of Fenty.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 41
February 7, 2021, 3:18pm
Guest User
Quoted from cannylad68
As I pointed out days ago, Specsavers have sold out of rose tinted glasses.

That’s a shame. They never used to.
Reply: 16 - 41
Yoda
February 7, 2021, 3:27pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,189
Gold Stars: 72
i think it’s us and Barrow for the last relegation spot.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 41
DB
February 7, 2021, 3:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Think the problem is DB, right now you are comparing apples with oranges.
I don't think one town fan doesn't see the mire we are in but you also have to put into perspective that was caused by a bloated squad of pure n utter crud built by the one who will not be named.
What we have now is virtually a brand new starting 11 and after what I saw yesterday they have far more quality than what has gone before.
So we are not deluded, nor needed a thread to discuss it as we've all been feeling down with Town recently and this just rubs salt in very open wounds, but most genuinely think this team have given us hope we can string enough results together to get us moving in the right direction.
Time will tell and if we do happen to go down, I will be supporting town with as much vigour as I have for last 45 years

I seem to recall it was only last week we were slating each other off however we both have a passion for the mariners success. The main reason for my thread is I am fed up of people posting that it's only a matter of time before we come good, or some excuse or other. It was to these people my thread was posted not those who realise the absolute sh1t we are in.

I totally agree with what you have said for which a Gold Star is heading your way. We may all differ in opinions but the one cause, regardless of our personal opinions, is the absolute success of the team.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 41
DB
February 7, 2021, 3:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Rick12
I  think DB is genuine. I feel the club maybe like a bit of a family/tribal  group to him as it to many others on here and for others within  the wider football family. He may overdo the threads  at times though  .

Sorry if I overdo the threads Rick but it is my passion for success for the team, and yes I am genuine real guy, pushing 70 feeling old, been round the mill several times, still on the go and thank you for your post.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 41
Rick12
February 7, 2021, 4:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from DB

Sorry if I overdo the threads Rick but it is my passion for success for the team, and yes I am genuine real guy, pushing 70 feeling old, been round the mill several times, still on the go and thank you for your post.
Your only as old as you feel DB. Hope you have many healthy years left.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 41
oochiad
February 7, 2021, 4:20pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,724
Gold Stars: 28
I think your genuine DB and I also know what an absolutely mess we’re in. I can also appreciate that last week a new squad was put together and on the first showing gives me lots of hope. 20 goals in 27 games etc means nothing to this lot as they are a new bunch with something to prove so let’s be positive and think they can do it as they have absolutely nothing to do with the last lot.......UTM!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 41
Sandford1981
February 7, 2021, 4:29pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Some of the replies to DB leave a lot to be desired. Especially some yesterday that resorted to name calling.
I don’t agree with a lot DB says and vice versa but it’s absolutely his right to say it and it makes for interesting reading if nothing else.

How dull would it be if we all thought the same thing and agreed on everything? Because at the end of the day ‘we’re all town aren’t we? (Cheap pop for the wrestling fans on here 😏)

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 41
DB
February 7, 2021, 4:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from oochiad
I think your genuine DB and I also know what an absolutely mess we’re in. I can also appreciate that last week a new squad was put together and on the first showing gives me lots of hope. 20 goals in 27 games etc means nothing to this lot as they are a new bunch with something to prove so let’s be positive and think they can do it as they have absolutely nothing to do with the last lot.......UTM!!

I absolutely agree with you.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 41
DB
February 7, 2021, 5:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Sandford1981
Some of the replies to DB leave a lot to be desired. Especially some yesterday that resorted to name calling.
I don’t agree with a lot DB says and vice versa but it’s absolutely his right to say it and it makes for interesting reading if nothing else.

How dull would it be if we all thought the same thing and agreed on everything? Because at the end of the day ‘we’re all town aren’t we? (Cheap pop for the wrestling fans on here 😏)

Thank you Sanford, like you I have found many sensible people on this site. Regardless of our own thoughts I have always believed that we should respect the opinions of others, and they should respect ours.

Marinerjase said :-

you post on a forum to discuss/digest/debate/offload on the subject matter - you don’t post with the intention of saying something to be popular, or controversial - you post what you think. Whether people like it or not is irrelevant.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 41
DB
February 7, 2021, 5:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from DB

Thank you Sanford, like you I have found many sensible people on this site. Regardless of our own thoughts I have always believed that we should respect the opinions of others, and they should respect ours.

Marinerjase said :-

you post on a forum to discuss/digest/debate/offload on the subject matter - you don’t post with the intention of saying something to be popular, or controversial - you post what you think. Whether people like it or not is irrelevant.

Thank you for the x. Obviously you don't believe in debate discussion as outlined. I just wonder if you a relation running North Korea, but you don't because he has a name.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 41
KingstonMariner
February 7, 2021, 7:43pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Going back to the OP, I thought we were in the sports business. It’s nice to win, but if we’re just interested in results we’d ‘support’ Manchester United or whoever is top of the pile these days.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 41
Humbercod
February 7, 2021, 10:19pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,503
Gold Stars: 82
Nothing wrong with your post DB you’re dead right to be worried, and why not come on here (GT footy forum) and express your feelings as a fan. Just ignore the idiots they thought Hurst was going to walz in and wave his magic wand and we’d be in the play offs by now, well 1 point from 18 is bad how ever you want to spin it.

For some reason Hurst is beyond criticism for a few and they don’t like the justified negativity, but then they’ll contribute to over 50 pages on ‘national league at risk’ thread in the hope it gets abandoned 😄  

I’m worried! Although not a Hurst fan I’m still backing him and trying to keep the faith as it’s not impossible, but if we do go down it’s on all on him now.
Jolley saved us don’t forget when the team was in free - fall with no win in about 15 games, and the same with Holloway when he came with to us sitting at  21st in the league, so with good management a poor team can be turned around.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 41
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
February 7, 2021, 10:36pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from Humbercod
Nothing wrong with your post DB you’re dead right to be worried, and why not come on here (GT footy forum) and express your feelings as a fan. Just ignore the idiots they thought Hurst was going to walz in and wave his magic wand and we’d be in the play offs by now, well 1 point from 18 is bad how ever you want to spin it.

For some reason Hurst is beyond criticism for a few and they don’t like the justified negativity, but then they’ll contribute to over 50 pages on ‘national league at risk’ thread in the hope it gets abandoned 😄  

I’m worried! Although not a Hurst fan I’m still backing him and trying to keep the faith as it’s not impossible, but if we do go down it’s on all on him now.
Jolley saved us don’t forget when the team was in free - fall with no win in about 15 games, and the same with Holloway when he came with to us sitting at  21st in the league, so with good management a poor team can be turned around.

If Holloway saved us he made sure that he corrected that error and did a bloody good job of it.

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 41
RonMariner
February 7, 2021, 10:39pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,865
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from Yoda
i think it’s us and Barrow for the last relegation spot.

I think so. That gift of 3 points to Stevenage last week could be there get out of jail could come the end of the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 41
DB
February 7, 2021, 10:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from RonMariner

I think so. That gift of 3 points to Stevenage last week could be there get out of jail could come the end of the season.

The trouble is Ron we've given too many 3 point gifts away, I think they all thought it's Christmas!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 41
A Brace Of Tees
February 8, 2021, 5:44am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +706
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from DB

The main reason for my thread is I am fed up of people posting that it's only a matter of time before we come good, or some excuse or other. It was to these people my thread was posted not those who realise the absolute sh1t we are in.

I totally agree with what you have said for which a Gold Star is heading your way. We may all differ in opinions but the one cause, regardless of our personal opinions, is the absolute success of the team.

Saying it's only a matter of time before we come good isn't an excuse, it's merely an observation made by sensible people with cool heads during what is an extremely difficult time for our club.

I get the feeling DB that you're one of these people sat at home with far too much time on your hands and therefore occupy yourself with pointless posts like this one.

We're not so deluded that we're unaware of the situation we're in, but thank you anyway for pointing out the bleedin' obvious.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 41
cannylad68
February 8, 2021, 7:30am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Approval: +33
Gold Stars: 8
I don't understand how posters on here can say that we have a far better squad now, after watching them for only 90 minutes.
The knives will be out soon for some of the new players.
Perhaps it has already started with our new left back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 41
February 8, 2021, 8:57am
Guest User
[quote=2566]I don't understand how posters on here can say that we have a far better squad now, after watching them for only 90 minutes.
Perhaps it has already started with our new left back.[/q]

Anyone who has even the slightest knowledge of football can see that this squad is miles ahead of the pre Transfer Window squad.

Reply: 33 - 41
mariner91
February 8, 2021, 9:09am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,772
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from cannylad68
I don't understand how posters on here can say that we have a far better squad now, after watching them for only 90 minutes.
Perhaps it has already started with our new left back.

Because that's already 90 minutes more of passable football than most of the previous starting eleven have managed all season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 41
Garth
February 8, 2021, 9:19am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Its a strange thing to say, but I will back Hurst's ability to get this new team to grind out wins, than Hollowords team of  youngsters
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 41
Nutsy
February 8, 2021, 9:51am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +158
Gold Stars: 5
I think some replies to BD are not required.

Essentially, yes you can look at the numbers and see it's a tough call.

However, this squad PH has assembled is far and away better than IH - yes the numbers don't lend themselves to this but anyone with eyes could see this.

We just have to keep supporting, and see what happens.

If we go down, but are bought out, I will still follow Town and I would love to see PH stay.

If we go down, and Fenty still remains, I will have to consider how much I will support the team.

Hurst has brought in a load of new players, the only thing missing yesterday was a team understanding and that comes with time - yes we don't have a lot of time - but PH isn't a fool and they will work on this.

I bet we will see a huge upturn this next week.

UTM

PS, I hope Adams works a little on his crossing this week, not having a pop but if he can whip them and when Morais is back - that is an exciting prospect!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 41
denni266
February 8, 2021, 9:58am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
I take my hat off to the players who have come here this window. not many would come to a sinking ship, and i expect they will get better and fitter each week , Now weather we have enough time left to save us is questionable to say the least. Yes i am known for venting steam at times but its not the players that are only trying to earn a living , its the club ie penny pinching fenty and his merry yes men that are to blame. I bet he has a 50p slot on the loo roll dispenser at home . I think we have a stronger  squad now  , mind thats not hard to do given the standard of players hollowbrain got in
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 41
KingstonMariner
February 8, 2021, 10:36am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from denni266
I take my hat off to the players who have come here this window. not many would come to a sinking ship, and i expect they will get better and fitter each week , Now weather we have enough time left to save us is questionable to say the least. Yes i am known for venting steam at times but its not the players that are only trying to earn a living , its the club ie penny pinching fenty and his merry yes men that are to blame. I bet he has a 50p slot on the loo roll dispenser at home . I think we have a stronger  squad now  , mind thats not hard to do given the standard of players hollowbrain got in

PMSL 🤣

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 41
DB
February 8, 2021, 1:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from A Brace Of Tees

Saying it's only a matter of time before we come good isn't an excuse, it's merely an observation made by sensible people with cool heads during what is an extremely difficult time for our club.

I get the feeling DB that you're one of these people sat at home with far too much time on your hands and therefore occupy yourself with pointless posts like this one.

We're not so deluded that we're unaware of the situation we're in, but thank you anyway for pointing out the bleedin' obvious.

I was under the impression that this site is a democratic site for fans. For every post or thread on here you could say it is obvious whether it be a comment on the pitch, the missed goal ,the players attitude, league position, Hursrt etc..

Sensible people is very debateable and a definition would help. A X for posting a Town win, confirming positive statements is not exactly the actions of sensible genuine fans. More like the actions of scunny, fenty and holoway fans.

Cool Head is what the captain of the Titanic had.

'extremely difficult time for our club' isn't that an obvious remark akin to your criticism of me!

'We're not so deluded that we're unaware of the situation we're in'  so why do I read many negative posts by some.

'pointless posts' So you watch a game, hear the after match interviews and absorb what has happened and said. To use you word every opinion will be a  pointless post. Their would no purpose would their, pointless heard it seen it! so why post?

It's all called passion, opinion and freedom of speech.

No doubt you are in need of green ticks, lets face it any having a pop at DB gets a green tick. Must boost your ego. I think I have dissected you words to show how irrelevant and meaningless they are. The next time your body wishes to dump a load of sh!te please get mummy to put your nappy on so we sensible people don't get a whiff of it.

Having wrote the above I say to you, and not in any form of sarcasm, you do have my respect for your post. I obviously do not agree with you but as I have often said we should respect the opinions of others. My other reason for my respect is that, unlike the X brigade a division of the North Korean puppet, you do have the decency to put your name to what you think.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 41
Fillipe Noche
February 8, 2021, 1:58pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from DB

I was under the impression that this site is a democratic site for fans. For every post or thread on here you could say it is obvious whether it be a comment on the pitch, the missed goal ,the players attitude, league position, Hursrt etc..

Sensible people is very debateable and a definition would help. A X for posting a Town win, confirming positive statements is not exactly the actions of sensible genuine fans. More like the actions of scunny, fenty and holoway fans.

'extremely difficult time for our club' isn't that an obvious remark akin to your criticism of me!

'We're not so deluded that we're unaware of the situation we're in'  so why do I read many negative posts by some.

'pointless posts' So you watch a game, hear the after match interviews and absorb what has happened and said. To use you word every opinion will be a  pointless post. Their would no purpose would their, pointless heard it seen it! so why post?

No doubt you are in need of green ticks, lets face it any having a pop at DB gets a green tick. Must boost your ego. I think I have dissected you words to show how irrelevant and meaningless they are. The next time your body wishes to dump a load of sh!te please get mummy to put your nappy on so we sensible people don't get a whiff of it.

Having wrote the above I say to you, and not in any form of sarcasm, you do have my respect for your post. I obviously do not agree with you but as I have often said we should respect the opinions of others. My other reason for my respect is that, unlike the X brigade a division of the North Korean puppet, you do have the decency to put your name to what you think.

Amen to that sunshine

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 41
A Brace Of Tees
February 8, 2021, 2:23pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +706
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from DB

Well that turned out to be a lengthy diatribe for what ought to have been a simple response! And thank you for your advice on what to do when I next take a dump - I'm sure that will come in really useful.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 41
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Results Business

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.