3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
January 5, 2021, 2:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Former loanee signs for Newport (as someone said he would). Podge please!
Private Message
Kris2
January 5, 2021, 3:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
So that'll be another former player who scores against us every time we face them  
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 26
Limerick Mariner
January 5, 2021, 3:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,744
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from Kris2
So that'll be another former player who scores against us every time we face them  

I take that as only half in jest - in the right team he will do well.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 26
paramariner
January 5, 2021, 4:08pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +197
Gold Stars: 8
I think he was worth keeping, did really well at first and with a different manager may have kicked on.  Don't know why Holloway sent him back really.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 26
Gainsbro_Mariner
January 5, 2021, 4:22pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,459
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from paramariner
I think he was worth keeping, did really well at first and with a different manager may have kicked on.  Don't know why Holloway sent him back really.

Agreed, out of all of our loan players he was arguably the best. Something must have happened either a fallout, or West Brom were keen to loan him elsewhere? If it was a Holloway decision then I have no idea why he would send him back but then keep Gomis, if it was purely a football related choice.

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 26
Croxton
January 5, 2021, 4:30pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,019
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from paramariner

At first, Holloway had nothing but praise for Windsor and early performances backed it up. As team changes multiplied he was moved around and he looked less at ease.
If you watched some of Holloways Cheapside interviews you could see players standing around as Ollie lectured and waved his arms around. Body language wasn't always positive. My guess is that Owen had a keen sense of what he wanted out of this loan in terms of development and lost faith, like others, in the manager. A question of ' I'm better than this - get me out of here!'

I just think that Ollie's depression and covid mania made him a poor manager of young players especially without AL to smooth the edges. I bet he thrives at Newport.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 26
RonMariner
January 5, 2021, 5:00pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,861
Gold Stars: 230
Yes when Hollow Waste was questioned about sending Windsor back during a post match interview he got very defensive and when asked for a reason more or less said 'because I wanted to' or words to that effect.

Vert strange. That's when I though that he had really lost it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 26
Limerick Mariner
January 5, 2021, 5:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,744
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from Croxton

At first, Holloway had nothing but praise for Windsor and early performances backed it up. As team changes multiplied he was moved around and he looked less at ease.
If you watched some of Holloways Cheapside interviews you could see players standing around as Ollie lectured and waved his arms around. Body language wasn't always positive. My guess is that Owen had a keen sense of what he wanted out of this loan in terms of development and lost faith, like others, in the manager. A question of ' I'm better than this - get me out of here!'

I just think that Ollie's depression and covid mania made him a poor manager of young players especially without AL to smooth the edges. I bet he thrives at Newport.

Two nails struck firmly on the head there I think...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 26
Kris2
January 5, 2021, 5:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Gainsbro_Mariner

Agreed, out of all of our loan players he was arguably the best. Something must have happened either a fallout, or West Brom were keen to loan him elsewhere? If it was a Holloway decision then I have no idea why he would send him back but then keep Gomis, if it was purely a football related choice.

From what rumours float around there was some sort of disagreement. Either between them or his club and their people got in touch with Holloway. Either way the end result was more or less "if you don't like it then you can leave". It's funny when people are gone how much you hear of them when nobody fears losing a job, sounds like he went as mental as his interviews got and was running things like a mad dictator.

Towards the end sounds a bit like that Hitler in his bunker meme on Youtube.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 26
lew chaterleys lover
January 5, 2021, 5:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,774
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Croxton

Depression? Is that supposition, or have I missed it?
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 26
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Windsor to Newport

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.