Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Worst manager between the two PH spells?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 249 Guests

Who was the worst of managers between PH spells?
Bignot
Slade
Jolley
Holloway
  View Results 246 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Worst manager between the two PH spells?

This thread currently has 9,617 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Mariner_501
December 31, 2020, 6:13pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 28
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Slade for me.  Typical first transfer window activity.     Out - Pearson, Disley, Gowling, J Osborne, S Jones, Andrew,          all decent players,     replaced by        
Clarke, Kelly  K Osborne, Cardwell, Dixon, Hooper Dembele.

Agreed some wanted to leave but what does that say about the club/manager.

Actually forgot how terrible Slade was until I read this. Absolutely horrific. Should never be able to work in football again after that.

Shame as his 05/06 team made me properly fall in love with the club. Sad
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 62
Cod Cheeks
December 31, 2020, 6:25pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +374
Holloway for me
Biggest bullshitter I’ve ever listened to and I’ve heard a few!

Should have known right at the beginning when he chose his own questions to answer in a night with Ollie at McMenemy’s

Bristol’s very own Del Boy!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 62
ginnywings
December 31, 2020, 6:48pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Mariner_501

Actually forgot how terrible Slade was until I read this. Absolutely horrific. Should never be able to work in football again after that.

Shame as his 05/06 team made me properly fall in love with the club. Sad

That was done solely to get the wage bill down, and once again nearly cost us our league status over money saving.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 62
wigworld
December 31, 2020, 7:05pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Holloway iss a charlatan of the highest order. Regardless of results, he'll always be the worst IMO.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 23 - 62
Eastendmariner
December 31, 2020, 7:29pm
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +942
Gold Stars: 22
Well not a tough choice really Slade 2nd time around was pants  3-4 games in  But Holloway was with out doubt prolonged Mental torture 1 year of  waffle and false promises  no shape no game plan no defence no attack  For a renownd manager  pretty poor  so Holloway gets it

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 62
Kris2
December 31, 2020, 8:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Holloway will probably get plenty of votes because of recent wounds and all his promises coming to nothing.

I still thing Slade II was worst on the list though. Never seen a manager more out of touch with modern football and players than he was during his second spell with us. His tactics were ancient and his recruitment was mostly terrible except convincing Dembele to sign for us. He decided to stick Danny Collins alongside another defender of exactly the same make so we had a sluggish backline that everyone ran rings around. Along with a bunch of other useless signings and having to get rid of all the expensive signings Bignot made that were actually playing well it made his tenue really depressing.

In some ways I feel bad for Bignot though not many will, he had ideas and wanted to do a lot he just didn't have the experience to deal with the business side of things. Think he got taken for a ride by clubs and agents on some of the signings he wanted to make which caused them all to pretty much vanish after he was gone. Along with being yet another who fell out with Fenty he also fell out with influential people in the dressing room so the squad was divided between Hurst's guys and his guys. Lost the dressing room, the boardroom and the fans all in a short time.

Jolley started well but seemed well out of his depth very quickly with no plan B. Didn't sit well with his stuck up attitude and dislike of media publicity anyway. Out of all of them on the list I feel like Jolley seemed the most lost when it came to management.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 62
Yoda
December 31, 2020, 8:24pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,189
Gold Stars: 72
Toss up between Runaway and Sludge
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 62
toontown
December 31, 2020, 8:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Gotta be slade mk2. Holloway had put a decent side together last year, improved us. He does have the excuse of the club cutting everything to the bone in the expectation of the season being cancelled this season, with him massively compounding that with tactics, rotation and dreadful recruitment. Even so until the Alex may thing the fan base was divided over him, rather than United against him.

Slade was dreadful in every way, had no good pònts apart from dembele (and he was performing badly by the end) and the side werr on a worse run than now with everyone from top to bottom of the club utterly copulated off with him. It was universal fury from the fans he was still in a job until fenty finally sacked him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 62
kevikov
December 31, 2020, 8:32pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +852
Gold Stars: 13
I have to admit I’m struggling to vote, they all have big reasons to take top spot. Bognor and jolley though, we’re trying to implement their ideas and relatively new to football so perhaps not intentionally bad managers. Slade mk 2 was so obviously crap it was ridiculous. Hollowwords, we mostly felt we’d stuck our hands into a bucket of shite and plucked out a diamond. For that reason alone, for the fact he clearly gave not one excrement I have to give it to him.

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 62
Eastendmariner
December 31, 2020, 9:20pm
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +942
Gold Stars: 22
hollowwords. What a superb description  I think you should have two votes so you can share it.  

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 62
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Worst manager between the two PH spells?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.