Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Worst manager between the two PH spells?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 271 Guests

Who was the worst of managers between PH spells?
Bignot
Slade
Jolley
Holloway
  View Results 246 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Worst manager between the two PH spells?

This thread currently has 9,621 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
December 31, 2020, 5:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Like many, I fell for Billy Bullshit so voted for him as he was the biggest disappointment. Expected nothing from Slade so wasn’t disappointed.

Same.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 62
Gainsbro_Mariner
December 31, 2020, 5:24pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,459
Gold Stars: 15
I was reasonably happy with Slade coming back as he had gone on to manage at the likes of Brighton and Cardiff quite recently so I was quietly confident he may do alright, but uninspiring transfers followed by absoutely terribly results.

However my vote has to go to Holloway.

No point in explaining anything other than what an absolute let down he was. Big expectations fair enough, but what we ended up with was far less than acceptable.

For me the worst appointment we've ever made in my lifetime, other than maybe Neil Woods.

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 62
DocDock
December 31, 2020, 5:24pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +235
Gold Stars: 3
Between Slade and Runaway, Slade wins on the basis of that horrific losing/no wins streak.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 62
DocDock
December 31, 2020, 5:26pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +235
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Gainsbro_Mariner
I was reasonably happy with Slade coming back as he had gone on to manage at the likes of Brighton and Cardiff quite recently so I was quietly confident he may do alright, but uninspiring transfers followed by absoutely terribly results.

However my vote has to go to Holloway.

No point in explaining anything other than what an absolute let down he was. Big expectations fair enough, but what we ended up with was far less than acceptable.

For me the worst appointment we've ever made in my lifetime, other than maybe Neil Woods.

Disagree with Woods, he was dealt a very bad hand. He shouldn’t have got the job in the first place, mind. Somewhat ironically i felt at the time Slade should have been appointed instead at that time.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 62
Mariner_501
December 31, 2020, 5:32pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 28
Has to be Holloway for me. Jolley comfortably the best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 62
Garth
December 31, 2020, 5:41pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
HAS TO BE HOLLOWAY, probably the biggest con artist we have had at the club, out of the four he was the one who deliberately lied about his admiration for the fans, realised he'd bitten off more than he could chew football wise, and left us in the excrement, for that he has no superior.  illegitimate!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 62
Madeleymariner
December 31, 2020, 5:46pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,063
Gold Stars: 51
Slade for me.  Typical first transfer window activity.     Out - Pearson, Disley, Gowling, J Osborne, S Jones, Andrew,          all decent players,     replaced by        
Clarke, Kelly  K Osborne, Cardwell, Dixon, Hooper Dembele.

Agreed some wanted to leave but what does that say about the club/manager.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 62
Fillipe Noche
December 31, 2020, 5:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
As much as I would agree that Slade V2 would probably top the poll, I’ve voted Holloway.

I’m incensed by his behaviour, lies and the manner in which he manipulated matters to effect an exit in trying to remain squeaky clean. Scurrilous in my opinion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 62
londonmariner2
December 31, 2020, 5:49pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: -24
Gold Stars: 1
Slade for me.
Dullest time watching Town in 47 years. Woeful football.
At least Holloway had a decent couple of months at the start.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 62
Gainsbro_Mariner
December 31, 2020, 5:59pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,459
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from DocDock

Disagree with Woods, he was dealt a very bad hand. He shouldn’t have got the job in the first place, mind. Somewhat ironically i felt at the time Slade should have been appointed instead at that time.

I don't disagree with that, he was dealt a bad hand but you gotta look at the fact he lost all but one of his games bar 1 as caretaker manager, still applied for the job, got the job and didn't win a game in over 20 games. Haha I too was in the Slade camp. I remember it going down to the wire and the OS even plugging they had whittled it down to Woodsy and Slade. For me though Woodsy is still the worst appointment as why on earth would you hire someone was evidently struggling pretty poorly whilst in temporary charge.

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 62
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Worst manager between the two PH spells?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.