9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Rodley Mariner
December 27, 2020, 12:35pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 180
I can think of three/four likely scenarios but interested if people see more or which they think most likely.

1) Sale goes through in the next few days. Consortium are ambitious in recruitment and budget to attract manager and things start to look up

2) The sale goes through but the terms Fenty insists on mean limited funds are available. Patience required along with us somehow clinging to league status

3) Fenty holds on. The board continue to claim only a vocal online minority want change. To try and calm things he throws some money in recruits somebody like Hurst or Alexander by giving them a decent budget for January and allowing an increase in coaching staff

4) Fenty stays but things turn nastier. On the back of very poor ifollow numbers he says there is nothing to spend in January and promotes Ben Davies with Woods assisting him. Conference return seems inevitable.

Logged Offline
Private Message
KingstonMariner
December 27, 2020, 12:45pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Good summary of possible scenarios. Can’t think of others. For my money, 1 is the most unlikely.

3 or 4 I reckon. Just based on a hunch.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 80
aldi_01
December 27, 2020, 12:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
To be honest he could bring Allegri in as manager, the pressure remains. Fenty’s position is untenable and he needs to be gone, if people really care about the club they need to recognise this is beyond just getting a good manager...and when he’s kicked 1 good one in 20 years I’m hardly gonna get excited at the prospect of him picking another...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 80
Rodley Mariner
December 27, 2020, 12:50pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 180
I agree with you Aldi but I think he holds us in low enough esteem to think we'd be bought by a decent manager and a recognised League 2 striker.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 80
aldi_01
December 27, 2020, 12:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Some fans would be bought...look at the wankfest when Holloway got the job.

In the end it all unravelled but I’d imagine those that were less enthusiastic still recognised that the issues at the club still remained and it was a smokescreen...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 80
louth_in_the_south
December 27, 2020, 1:00pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,712
Gold Stars: 96
His position is untenable now . He knows it . Potential buyers know that. Fans definitely know it .
Unfortunately he owns the club and can keep his grip . Depends on how long he wants to make his life a sh.itshow

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 80
MuddyWaters
December 27, 2020, 1:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Good summary of possible scenarios. Can’t think of others. For my money, 1 is the most unlikely.

3 or 4 I reckon. Just based on a hunch.

I think 3, I hope 1. Knowing Fenty, he’s going to cling on because he’s lost his role as council flag waver.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 80
Roast Em Bobby
December 27, 2020, 1:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,728
Gold Stars: 44
In order of likeliness to happen I'd guess 3, 2, 4, 1
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 80
Bigdog
December 27, 2020, 1:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.12
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I can think of three/four likely scenarios but interested if people see more or which they think most likely.

1) Sale goes through in the next few days. Consortium are ambitious in recruitment and budget to attract manager and things start to look up

2) The sale goes through but the terms Fenty insists on mean limited funds are available. Patience required along with us somehow clinging to league status

3) Fenty holds on. The board continue to claim only a vocal online minority want change. To try and calm things he throws some money in recruits somebody like Hurst or Alexander by giving them a decent budget for January and allowing an increase in coaching staff

4) Fenty stays but things turn nastier. On the back of very poor ifollow numbers he says there is nothing to spend in January and promotes Ben Davies with Woods assisting him. Conference return seems inevitable.

Good luck with any decent manager wanting to come here under Fenty with the state the clubs in. Same for decent recruits. Throw money? What money? The wage cap? Option three is as about fanciful as it gets..

1).. or 4) but with a desperate manager most likely..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 80
Gainsbro_Mariner
December 27, 2020, 1:08pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,459
Gold Stars: 15
I hate to say it but I really can't see it being anything more than 4. I'm normally a staunch optimist even with Town, but I can't help but feel Fenty will continue and we will get either a manager we arent happy with or we appoint from within.

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 80
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How this plays out short term

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.