9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Grantley
December 27, 2020, 6:41pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,504
Gold Stars: 9
Me thinks they’d perhaps hire a CEO who has an idea of how to run a football club and not leave it to some old farts who presumably still use ledgers.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 80
forza ivano
December 27, 2020, 7:06pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,285
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Grantley
Me thinks they’d perhaps hire a CEO who has an idea of how to run a football club and not leave it to some old farts who presumably still use ledgers.

I dont know how we are going to get our heads round these sort if revolutionary ideas

I'm getting my dictionary out - looking up what 'visionary,competent  professional, forward thinking, imaginative, efficient ' all mean
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 80
HertsGTFC
December 27, 2020, 8:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,006
Gold Stars: 228
I still think 4 will play out to a war of attrition with mutually assured destruction being relegation.

I hope it’s 1 though as it needs to be. I don’t want to see anyone currently at the club displaced but we must bring in real expertise and experience off the pitch as well as on it.

We need people who know how to utilise digital platforms and CRM to engage the supporter base. The current Board see social media as a platform for dissatisfied supporters when in reality if correctly supported it can start and build a movement.

I’d love a new owner to invest in and champion a proper community programme. Not one just aimed at harvesting the best young talent but one that also engages with the elderly, disadvantaged, local charity partners and organisations to support youngsters who have difficulties settling.

We need to learn from other clubs and organisations and take any pay forward they can offer us and not see them as a threat or with suspicion.

I’m sure the investment opportunity that a new stadium could bring those who are willing to bank roll us short term is a key attraction to any new owner but the difference you could also make locally in a Town like Grimsby and surrounding area could bond loyalty for decades to come.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 80
GollyGTFC
December 27, 2020, 8:13pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,066
Gold Stars: 359
I am heartened by the fact that we have got through 20 hours today without a club statement responding to last night's statement from the Shutes consortium. Maybe a good indicator that things are progressing and Fenty understands he has to go.

Hopefully the next statement will be a joint one from the the club & Shutes consortium.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 73 - 80
IlkleyMariner
December 27, 2020, 8:14pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,034
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I still think 4 will play out to a war of attrition with mutually assured destruction being relegation.

I hope it’s 1 though as it needs to be. I don’t want to see anyone currently at the club displaced but we must bring in real expertise and experience off the pitch as well as on it.

We need people who know how to utilise digital platforms and CRM to engage the supporter base. The current Board see social media as a platform for dissatisfied supporters when in reality if correctly supported it can start and build a movement.

I’d love a new owner to invest in and champion a proper community programme. Not one just aimed at harvesting the best young talent but one that also engages with the elderly, disadvantaged, local charity partners and organisations to support youngsters who have difficulties settling.

We need to learn from other clubs and organisations and take any pay forward they can offer us and not see them as a threat or with suspicion.

I’m sure the investment opportunity that a new stadium could bring those who are willing to bank roll us short term is a key attraction to any new owner but the difference you could also make locally in a Town like Grimsby and surrounding area could bond loyalty for decades to come.

What a sensible reply.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 80
Macca_D
December 27, 2020, 8:17pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: -59
Gold Stars: 3
Things are about to get really ugly! Probably about time aswell GTFC and UK in general. Buckle up folks!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 80
AussieMariner
December 27, 2020, 10:44pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,076
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Ipswin

I'm a fan Pete but if I won Euromillions I wouldn't buy Grimsby Town and the two Town fans in tne Shutes Consortium didn't get the bank balances they've got by buying run down no mark football clubs just because they are fans

My biggest worry is not them buying as I realise up front that GTFC is just one small piece of their plans. I am more worried that they know absolutely intercourse all about running a football club. God knows who they might appoint as manager!

The only thing we can be sure of is that whoever they appoint you will tell us all that it’s a mistake
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 80
December 27, 2020, 10:56pm
Guest User
Can you imagine us having a CEO? Even typing those words is almost mystical.

😐
Reply: 77 - 80
KingstonMariner
December 27, 2020, 11:01pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from 140381
Can you imagine us having a CEO? Even typing those words is almost mystical.

😐

Ian Fleming has the title of Chief Executive, but I doubt he’s been given the real authority other than the title.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 80
December 27, 2020, 11:04pm
Guest User
Understood. But no, I mean a real CEO.
Reply: 79 - 80
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How this plays out short term

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.