This thread currently has 14,175 views. Print
11 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Henryscat
December 7, 2020, 5:38pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,395
https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2020/december/a-statement-from-the-chairman/

I am aware of certain inaccurate statements that have been circulating on social media in the last few days. I wish therefore to advise fans of the true position.

First, the Board is as disappointed as everyone with the recent results. Ollie has gone on record as to how he intends to make changes in January. The Board fully supports him in this, and funds will be available to enable him to do this. We have to bear in mind that we do have a salary cap this season and we are already not far short of the maximum we can spend. Notwithstanding this we will fully support Ollie in his decisions on squad changes.

There is no truth whatsoever that any player has been told to get a second job whilst on furlough. I do not know where that rumour emanated from, but it is completely fictitious.

Another statement is that John Fenty takes £50,000 a year out of the Club. Totally untrue. He takes nothing. Three years ago, there was a part payment of his loan when the Board agreed that there were sufficient funds to do this. Since then, there have been no repayments.

The Club does not operate with a Bank overdraft or Bank loan facility and should there be a shortfall this or any other season then the directors remain available to plug any gaps as they always have been.

There has also been a suggestion that the Board have turned down an offer from Mr. Tom Shutes to acquire the Club. Again untrue. I refer to the statement in the press I made several months ago. The door is always open and if Mr. Shutes wishes to speak to me and put forward proposals which satisfy the requirements of the EFL (as recently amended following the fiasco of the Bury and Macclesfield clubs) with regard to ownership then I will be pleased to talk to him.

No one wants to censor social media but there is a difference between legitimate criticism and unfounded and untrue statements. The unfounded statements I have referred to above fall into the latter category.

I wish the players all the best in the games to come and assure them that we are all behind them in their efforts. I hope fans will soon be back in the ground to cheer them on.

UTMM

Philip

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
psgmariner
December 7, 2020, 5:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Doubt it will make any difference but good to get the facts rather than endless rumours.

Private Message
Reply: 1 - 105
BenBB
December 7, 2020, 5:48pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +842
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted Text
We have to bear in mind that we do have a salary cap this season and we are already not far short of the maximum we can spend

God help us

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 105
Cricklewoodmariner
December 7, 2020, 5:55pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: +322
Gold Stars: 7
Why has Mr. Fenty taken money out of our club when we haven't finished in the top of half of Div. 4 for 14 years? (under his leadership)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 105
Henryscat
December 7, 2020, 5:59pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Approval: +1,395
I’m a bit worried that we’re close to the salary cap with the players we have.

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 105
Hagrid
December 7, 2020, 6:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,524
Gold Stars: 544
So everyones wrong apart from JF....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 105
Ruston AT
December 7, 2020, 6:13pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Approval: +426
Gold Stars: 10

so, are the players on 100% salary or not? if not they should be!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 105
ginnywings
December 7, 2020, 6:15pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
"The board is as disappointed as everyone else with the results".

A phrase I have heard countless times in the past 15 years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 105
Boris Johnson
December 7, 2020, 6:18pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
How the intercourse is this inept and undoubtedly the worst squad in recent history... close to the salary cap?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 105
ska face
December 7, 2020, 6:18pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,810
Gold Stars: 852
Quoted from Henryscat
https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2020/december/a-statement-from-the-chairman/

There is no truth whatsoever that any player has been told to get a second job whilst on furlough.

That’s not the accusation though, is it?
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 105
11 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Statement from Day

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.