Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Match Thread Barrow A
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Match Thread Barrow A

This thread currently has 21,016 views. Print
28 Pages Prev ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
March 29, 2024, 5:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,279
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from pontoonlew
Looking at it objectively, we have just lost against 3rd & 5th in the league. The results around us have gone against us but I’m still convinced 5-6 points still keeps us in this division. The previous 6 games before the past 2 show me we’re more than capable of doing that.

The manner of the defeat today worries me a bit, the sheer lack of footballing ability on show was tough to watch from start to finish. Not going to meltdown over it just yet, Sutton need to be 4 points better than us in 2 less games, that’s still going to be some run of form from them and an absolutely disastrous run of form from us.

Some will spend the evening revelling in it as a chance to hammer Artell again, but I’m not sure he can do much about the things we saw on show today.

I agree that we should probably still retain League status but your last sentence bothers me. He’s been managing us for four months, if he can’t do much then who can? He’s the manager, he picks the team, he made 5 signings in January.
Private Message
Reply: 240 - 276
TownSNAFU5
March 29, 2024, 5:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,906
Gold Stars: 42
Mon is a must win game. We should have about our strongest team.

Even Lincoln are in the playoffs.

( 4 ex Town players help York to safety beating Chesterfield in record crowd).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 241 - 276
denni266
March 29, 2024, 5:21pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +695
Gold Stars: 132
And what are the newish owners going to do........Find us some extra tasty gurkings to go with the scotch eggs .. Cos thats about their limit
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 242 - 276
grimsby pete
March 29, 2024, 5:21pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
I can't see us winning again this season so 3 or 4 draws is all we can expect that gives us 43 points at most .

Colchester if they best us will finish above us.

Forest Green have a horrific run in so can't see them staying up.

Sutton have been doing well lately but also have a very hard run in and fewer games left than the rest of us so it will be very very tight.

Looking at the final table I hoping for us to stay up Just.

Forest Green bottom, Sutton on 42 points going down as well.

We surviving by one point .

We must never ever find ourselves in this position again.

Sort it Jason and Andrew start again next season with a decent manager sorry Dave you have got to go.

Give the new man the tools to do the job and we might win a few games in the future.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 243 - 276
Hagrid
March 29, 2024, 5:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I agree that we should probably still retain League status but your last sentence bothers me. He’s been managing us for four months, if he can’t do much then who can? He’s the manager, he picks the team, he made 5 signings in January.

100! flipping. Percent

He’s the manager. What changes has he implemented? I honestly feel we’ve got worse. I dont “ revel’ in us losing. But this appointment has just not worked. It happens.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 244 - 276
BrMarin
March 29, 2024, 5:28pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +17 / -2
Approval: +95
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from drew peacock
So putting Pearson and Davies in charge will give our midfield legs and make them pass it to a team mate? People will be calling for Hunt next. Klopp couldn't get a tune out of these players, Vernam looked lively when he came on, keep him fit (unlikely) for the rest of the season and that could make a difference

Well you never know. It might spark something. Wasn't
expecting anything today but I'd definitely get rid if we get spanked by Bradford. TBH I would have sacked Artell weeks ago.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 245 - 276
pontoonlew
March 29, 2024, 5:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from MuddyWaters

But during the 6 game unbeaten run the consensus was all those players had improved, now after 2 games those players are all excrement again along with the manager? I don’t buy it, people are seemingly desperate to rip them to bits at the first opportunity.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 246 - 276
louth_in_the_south
March 29, 2024, 5:30pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,704
Gold Stars: 96
I just don’t see a team that comes out with any belief of any determination. That’s down to the management. Come on 1878 , admit your appointment of DA has been a mistake and swallow your pride and get rid of this clown at thd end of the season regardless of the cost . We’ll probably just scrape home but if we’ve  got any hope for next year he’s not the answer

Lower F5
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 247 - 276
arryarryarry
March 29, 2024, 5:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Hagrid

100! flipping. Percent

He’s the manager. What changes has he implemented? I honestly feel we’ve got worse. I dont “ revel’ in us losing. But this appointment has just not worked. It happens.

Well at the very least he won't be able to say that we have only lost one away game since he has been here.
Private Message
Reply: 248 - 276
Lincoln Mariner 56
March 29, 2024, 5:37pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,764
Gold Stars: 81
Sick of saying it but you will always struggle to win, or even compete in, matches without a midfield and we just haven’t got one decent midfield player. In reality today Barrow created next to nothing but scored three goals every one from an individual error other than that we were never under great pressure. Whitfield was nippy and caused some problems but it’s not like they created and missed a bucket full of chances so we basically have to play matches without making a single error at the back otherwise it’s defeat.

Problem is how do we get enough momentum going forwards to create and score goals? As.we discussed after the Wrexham game the best option might be to recall Smith, put Clifton back in midfield with Andrews and Thompson and hope that the fact HC can run about will make some positive impact on our ability going forwards.

As for Artell nothing will change until the end of the season so not worth any lengthy debate but I have a terrible feeling that today’s stats will indicate we had more possession, territorial advantage, made more passes etc. and this alone will keep management and owners happy until Bradford arrive.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 249 - 276
28 Pages Prev ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Match Thread Barrow A

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.