Match Thread Barrow A

This thread currently has 20,988 views. Print
28 Pages Prev ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 All Recommend Thread
BAFC72
March 29, 2024, 8:25pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Approval: -1
We were well beat by a decent Barrow side who in Cole Stockton have a goal machine, can`t understand Grimsby fans knocking Barrow`s ground we have play there plenty of times in the last 20 years if it was about grounds Grimsby wouldn`t have played in the National League, Barrow played the better football and always looked on top we have to be better but can`t see us getting relegated, nothing against Barrow and wish them well for the rest of the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 270 - 276
mariner91
March 29, 2024, 8:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,742
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from BAFC72
We were well beat by a decent Barrow side who in Cole Stockton have a goal machine, can`t understand Grimsby fans knocking Barrow`s ground we have play there plenty of times in the last 20 years if it was about grounds Grimsby wouldn`t have played in the National League, Barrow played the better football and always looked on top we have to be better but can`t see us getting relegated, nothing against Barrow and wish them well for the rest of the season.

Mate I don’t know who you’re trying to kid. You’re clearly a Barrow fan. Your username is literally BAFC.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 271 - 276
BAFC72
March 29, 2024, 9:06pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Approval: -1
Not a Barrow fan watched the game on ifollow but if you think Barrow were not the better side that`s ok, in fact I live in Nettleham near Lincoln.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 272 - 276
mariner91
March 29, 2024, 9:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,742
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from BAFC72
Not a Barrow fan watched the game on ifollow but if you think Barrow were not the better side that`s ok, in fact I live in Nettleham near Lincoln.

Of course you do. You just happen to have only just joined the forum a few days before we play Barrow, your username is BAFC72 which is the year Barrow went out of the league, you have quite an in depth knowledge of Barrow and little knowledge of Town as you seemed to suggest Rose will cause Barrows defenders problems because they’re slow (Rose is certainly not quick despite his many attributes) and have a detailed knowledge of the Western Lancashire railway system and its disruptions affecting two games involving a team you don’t support, that you supposedly didn’t go to and would have very little reason to have any knowledge of if you lived in Nettleham. Near Lincoln. I too check the railway disruptions on the opposite side of the country for football matches that I won’t be attending.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 273 - 276
Limerick Mariner
March 29, 2024, 10:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,730
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from mariner91
I know our fans can get prickly at times but given that we’ve endured more than two decades of almost entirely shite it is understandable. Other than the two promotion seasons and one solitary cup run (and both of those seasons had long stretches where we were abysmal) some of the better times include failing in the non league play offs and lower mid table obscurity in L2. How desperately sad and pathetic is it that those are the good times?!

Other clubs have had large falls down the leagues as well but I can’t think of any other club who have had such a consistently long and large fall from grace this century. The fact that we’re still one of the best supported teams on the road in the division as well as averaging almost 6500 in a season where we’ve won a magnificent 8 games is absolutely astonishing. Other clubs’ fans would have given up by now. For all their good attendances currently look at Lincoln’s fan base. They went down one division and deserted them almost immediately. Couldn’t fill our away end for years and were getting sub 2000 attendances at home. Imagine how few would have stuck by them if they were three divisions below where they started this century and had had 20 years of consistent shít.

But I do feel like the light is fading somewhat and you can see it in this forum. Posters who have stuck by this club through the darkest of times are becoming increasingly fed up and out of hope. Even if we don’t go down this season, we all know that unless something major changes that we’ll be back down there playing Dorking and Tamworth in a season or two. I honestly don’t know why this club has been so bad for two decades but the fan base deserves so much more.  

Barrow have got a good manager, but even so Telford and Stockton and others wouldn’t be there if they didn’t train in Manchester. They are effectively another Greater Manchester side. Stockton came on loan from Burton - an experienced sh!thouse sort of forward that we’ve been crying out for. Obikwu looks a decent lad but just not we need.

Even so moaning about our inability to ever have more than one decent front player at the club is pointless when we are defending like Keystone Cops…all 3 goals today. Frankly I don’t know what to make of that. We are playing teams that are “on the beach” next week, but that is immaterial if shoot ourselves in the foot like the last 2 games. I’m feeling very gloomy about our prospects tonight - and if it goes to the last game, there’s feckin Orsi…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 274 - 276
Mayaman
March 30, 2024, 12:41am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,421
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Hagrid

Rodgers is at fault for the first. 3 year deal😩

Yes i agree but Thompson was with the runner who got hold of the loose ball.  he was half asleep.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 275 - 276
RonMariner
March 31, 2024, 2:39pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,813
Gold Stars: 226
We make plenty of mistakes at the back but it seems virtually every team we play have players who capitalise on them and score. Or is it just that we don’t have a keeper that makes many saves?

We seem to need umpteen chances to score a goal. The conclusion is that we have a poor keeper, a poor defence, and poor forwards. May as well admit we have poor midfielders too.

So it’s no great mystery why we are where we are. We need  a complete overhaul of the coaching team and playing squad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 276 - 276
28 Pages Prev ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Match Thread Barrow A

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.