Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › New Training Ground.!!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

New Training Ground.!!

This thread currently has 5,338 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
rancido
March 27, 2024, 9:50pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,571
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from jimgtfc

Surely you’ve seen that topic has been done to death. We won’t be getting an out of town training facility like barrows.

Exactly!! Our owners ethos is a club and it's infrastructure that benefits the community.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 56
1mickylyons
March 28, 2024, 7:25am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,386
Gold Stars: 56
Pretty sure we will get some news in the very near future because this is a lot further on than people think 🤔
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 56
realist
March 28, 2024, 8:11am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,685
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Must admit it has surprised me that two multi millionaires who are both entrepreneurs have not been in a position to attract further investment from their wide circle of contacts. I seem to recall Jason saying in an interview, think it was during their first year in charge, that there were interested parties but it wasn’t the right time and they wanted people to be investing for the right reasons.

Obviously I have no idea what is going on behind the scenes and we certainly want to avoid any further dodgy characters trying to get involved but it would be nice, if we survive this season, if we could get some further income streams to give the fans a bit of a feel good factor which is much needed at present.

After reading his articles in the Guardian I wouldn't be surprised if potential investors regard his views as toxic and puts them off-it certainly would me.

On the discussion about training facilities I can't understand why our squad is always lacking in fitness compared to other teams and is so injury prone. The whole training regime needs looking at. Perhaps we need to go back to those long runs on the beach of the Buckley era
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 56
jamesgtfc
March 28, 2024, 8:23am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,959
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from realist

After reading his articles in the Guardian I wouldn't be surprised if potential investors regard his views as toxic and puts them off-it certainly would me.

On the discussion about training facilities I can't understand why our squad is always lacking in fitness compared to other teams and is so injury prone. The whole training regime needs looking at. Perhaps we need to go back to those long runs on the beach of the Buckley era

Dave Moore has been a wonderful servant, but he's also been a constant presence through our lowest ebb. Some of his medical advice has allegedly been questionable. Adrian Forbes was publicly very critical of him.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 56
lew chaterleys lover
March 28, 2024, 8:56am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,714
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from realist

Well he is obviously fishing in a smaller pond with his views , as anybody would who keep pushing a particular viewpoint; it's the same with B Corp which is a vehicle for quite a narrow band of businesses and investors. I thought the ESG industry in general was coming under more and more scrutiny due to increased costs for the consumers who have to pay for it.

Didn't My Energy seem to tick all their boxes but I think they may have stalled a bit with their meteoric rise.

They need investors from somewhere so we will just have to see.

Private Message
Reply: 44 - 56
DB
March 28, 2024, 9:04am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,021
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from 1mickylyons
Pretty sure we will get some news in the very near future because this is a lot further on than people think 🤔

How much further on is it ?

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 56
diehardmariner
March 28, 2024, 11:42am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,622
Gold Stars: 539
I'm not sure there's hundreds and hundreds of investors just waiting to be found if I'm honest.

Certainly not ones who will be in it for the long haul and not to our detriment anyway.

The ideal investors will be those who are happy to put cash in, help us develop and then recoup their investment (and some) because of our significant improvement.  That'll take time and even if we progress to League One, intercourse it let's say we really achieve and reach the Championship, how profitable are we?  

What level of investment is needed to take us there and how much is an investor ever going to get back?  We've seen lots and lots of talk on this forum about the annual 'investment' that Lincoln's owners are having to put in, that's just to make them punchy and an outsider in League One.  Should they reach the Championship, how much is anyone going to be prepared to pay for the shareholding of the American investors?  I'll be honest and say it's not a lot.  

It's exactly the same here, minus the fact you can argue that Lincoln is a growing city with ongoing improvements to its infrastructure so are much more sellable.   We're a division down, a ground that needs more investment than Sincil Bank and minus a training ground (yet).

If you're an investor, are you putting money into us knowing it's a long road just to make us better and then there's limited chance of a return on your investment to start with?  I'm not.

For sure there will be countless investors who will want to come in and see what they can strip for a quick buck, thankfully 1878 will be keeping them away.  But there will generally just be a severe lack of legitimate investors who will help us, this is one we're going to have to be very, very patient on.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 56
RonMariner
March 28, 2024, 11:49am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,714
Gold Stars: 226
Why would anyone without a love for the club and a ton of cash to spare invest in us? It’s hardly likely to generate a rerun on investment.

It doesn’t usually end well when wealthy investors with no prior link to the club or the community start getting involved.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 56
barralad
March 28, 2024, 12:23pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from realist

Go on...I'll bite. Which of his views particularly are toxic?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 56
LocalLadGTFC
March 28, 2024, 12:27pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,219
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from realist

Sorry? What injury prone players have we had in recent years? and when have we ever been lacking in fitness? I'd probably say the complete opposite... the way we played under PH required us to be one of the fittest teams in the league. Stats also backed that up as in our seasons in the NL we covered the most distance. I think we're the complete opposite in terms of injury prone players, there's a number of players that have come here after suffering with constant injury setbacks to restart there careers. Denver Hume this season and Josh Emmanuel last, two players that have played a handful of games in years both played consistent football here but I can name so many players that played consistent football here after long term injuries elsewhere. The only player I can name that I think of injury prone is Liam Hearn and that was a horror injury that essentially ended his chances of a successful career.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 49 - 56
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › New Training Ground.!!

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.