Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › New Training Ground.!!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

New Training Ground.!!

This thread currently has 5,348 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Brummie Codfather
March 26, 2024, 10:05am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +855
Gold Stars: 21
We absolutely should focus on a better training ground as a higher priority than improving BP.  They’re obviously focussing to some degree on both, but for the:
“Do nice scotch eggs get you 3 points on a Saturday?” Brigade, better training facilities absolutely do improve your chances of a better points tally.  It makes us more attractive to prospective players and helps us get more out of the players we have.

I’d love to see an improved view in the Main stand, but it’ll take time & the impact will probably only be more moaning as the Main Stand will be able to see what’s actually happening!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 56
ska face
March 26, 2024, 10:08am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,664
Gold Stars: 847
Quoted from Yoda
Has there been any update on the new training ground at Immingham seems to have gone very quiet.

Yeah a bit like you over the last month. Not had anything to say apart from predicting us to lose since the win against FGR, but managing about 5 posts a day since Saturday afternoon.

Funny that.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 56
paulmblythe
March 26, 2024, 10:15am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +116
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from Brummie Codfather
We absolutely should focus on a better training ground as a higher priority than improving BP.  They’re obviously focussing to some degree on both, but for the:
“Do nice scotch eggs get you 3 points on a Saturday?” Brigade, better training facilities absolutely do improve your chances of a better points tally.  It makes us more attractive to prospective players and helps us get more out of the players we have.

I’d love to see an improved view in the Main stand, but it’ll take time & the impact will probably only be more moaning as the Main Stand will be able to see what’s actually happening!

not forgetting the increased income streams from renting out pitches, facilities etc.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 56
DB
March 26, 2024, 10:21am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,026
Gold Stars: 388
I think a new training ground is a must if we want better quality players. Cheapside is past its best and is exactly what the name is, CHEAP.

If a potential new play asked where do I change whats the dressing room is like, converted portacabin, where do I shower, converted portacabin, where is the gym, converted portacabin etc, etc.

Converted portacabins have there use but not any more at CHEAPside.

The £6 million figure has come about mainly because of building materials going up, if we want top class players then that's what we have to pay.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 56
louth_in_the_south
March 26, 2024, 10:39am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,693
Gold Stars: 96
Having a professional level training centre will only encourage the better local young prospects to join town and attract kids who are released from higher grade academies.
My son has been invited down to a few training sessions at Brighton’s centre which is just on another level . We were both walking in with our eyes like this 😳😳 . If town could have have something 25% on that level it would be incredible for the club and have financial benefits down the line .

Lower F5
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 56
crusty ole pie
March 26, 2024, 11:17am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,352
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from JK47
I don't get the need to pay £6m for a training ground, even with a large building to train inside when the weather is bad.

We don’t have 6 million hence the need to build20 houses to fund it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 56
Mappers
March 26, 2024, 11:48am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,340
Gold Stars: 119
The improvement of BP and a new training ground can co-exist together , and it's vital both happen imo .

It's whether they can raise the investment for either or both , I hope they can but it's just wait and see isn't it ; the one positive (in a way ) from Dear John was that regarding Town I never get too excited about any plans after all of his (empty) promises - I will get excited if  the golden spade  breaks ground .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 56
Roast Em Bobby
March 26, 2024, 12:52pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,721
Gold Stars: 44
Wasn't the 6 million figure bandied about when it was going to be somewhere in the centre of town? Maybe the ming ming solution is much cheaper?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 56
louth_in_the_south
March 26, 2024, 1:16pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,693
Gold Stars: 96
If a better training facility translates into better quality and results on the pitch throughout the age groups and first team then perhaps this will aid receiving outside investment for a new ground or redevelopment of BP and the club as a whole in the community. Whatever the aim , it won’t be overnight but long term will benefit gtfc . As long as we can stay in the league.

Lower F5
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 56
HertsGTFC
March 26, 2024, 1:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,956
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Yoda
Has there been any update on the new training ground at Immingham seems to have gone very quiet.

Poster gets a bit bored so starts a meaningless thread,

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 56
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › New Training Ground.!!

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.