Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Bradford game is massive.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Bradford game is massive.

This thread currently has 5,069 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
TownSNAFU5
March 25, 2024, 1:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,882
Gold Stars: 42
Apart from those appalling stats - we are ok? πŸ˜…πŸ˜“πŸ˜©
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 50
TownSNAFU5
March 25, 2024, 5:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,882
Gold Stars: 42
Sorry for a flippant reply.  Despite the litany of failure above, we did set a national record in beating 5 teams in the FAC from higher divisions.

Our record winning in ET at Notts County and Wrexham was also rare and very special.  Sometimes a lack of money and skill can be overcome by guts, character and never giving in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 50
Theimperialcoroner
March 25, 2024, 6:36pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,210
Gold Stars: 102
Also by dint of being the most relegated team, we are also the most promoted. It’s never boring.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 50
Spurn boy
March 25, 2024, 6:57pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,240
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Apart from those appalling stats - we are ok? πŸ˜…πŸ˜“πŸ˜©

We are only ok if we can manage to stay up and keep our league status , anything other than that will be horrendous for not only the club but us fans. Pre season I had so much excitement and expectations about what we could achieve but as each week went by the reality that we were not as good as we thought we were started to sink in and we have now got to the stage of the season that we are really hoping the results of other teams below us save us.Hey ho, the joys of following town. UTM

Dead Eye Dobbin stood motionless waiting, waiting, waiting for the ball to arrive. Back came the right foot, Down came the right foot, Bang ! Headlines around the world as the ball flew into the very top right hand corner of the goal.( Jim Dobbin scoring in the 89th minute for Town against Newcastle United away 24/10/1992 )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 50
Yoda
March 25, 2024, 7:10pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,157
Gold Stars: 71
When you consider everything those stats are incredible.
I bet there are not many teams in Europe worse than that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 50
Yoda
March 25, 2024, 7:29pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,157
Gold Stars: 71
Should we hope for a low attendance against Bradford in the hope the players perform better.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 50
chipsandgravy
March 25, 2024, 7:34pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,614
Gold Stars: 37
Sick of watching a lack of any sort of quality. On Saturday we had one "flowing move" all game. This is a terrible squad (with two exceptions) and we will be mighty lucky to survive. If fans think Thompson is a good signing then they have either never seen some of the great midfielders we have had here or are too young. Personally I think he was gash on Saturday and tries to be too clever by half and has mostly flattered to deceive. He was blowing out of his arsenal after 60 minutes again. Dont know where we go from here. I look at our management team and I don't see them developing a quality squad but hope I am wrong.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 50
lew chaterleys lover
March 25, 2024, 8:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,723
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from chipsandgravy
Sick of watching a lack of any sort of quality. On Saturday we had one "flowing move" all game. This is a terrible squad (with two exceptions) and we will be mighty lucky to survive. If fans think Thompson is a good signing then they have either never seen some of the great midfielders we have had here or are too young. Personally I think he was gash on Saturday and tries to be too clever by half and has mostly flattered to deceive. He was blowing out of his arsenal after 60 minutes again. Dont know where we go from here. I look at our management team and I don't see them developing a quality squad but hope I am wrong.

Yes we've been desentised to know what a good player is.

Any new player who doesn't make his second touch a tackle, or actually puts some effort in or scores a goal is lauded as the second coming, even by the manager who was obviously thrilled to bits that Obikwu had 2 slightly better games and actually scored.

Cartwright isn't ready, the Coventry lad isn't ready, the seasoned pros have gone backwards at a rate of knots, the wide players create nowt, we have no pace, we have no guile and the defending is abysmal. On Saturday it was downright insulting to the fans that not one of the starting 11 could control the ball, or seemingly have enough energy to get to the ball first.

If a team plays nice possession football we sometimes manage to fend them off, but anybody with a bit of pace and hunger about them and its like lambs to the slaughter.

We need to let as many players go as we can in the summer and start again, preferably with an idea of what we are trying to achieve. The budget will have to reflect the realities of modern league 2 football.

Private Message
Reply: 47 - 50
Lincoln Mariner 56
March 25, 2024, 8:43pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,697
Gold Stars: 79

Yes we've been desentised to know what a good player is.

Any new player who doesn't make his second touch a tackle, or actually puts some effort in or scores a goal is lauded as the second coming, even by the manager who was obviously thrilled to bits that Obikwu had 2 slightly better games and actually scored.

Cartwright isn't ready, the Coventry lad isn't ready, the seasoned pros have gone backwards at a rate of knots, the wide players create nowt, we have no pace, we have no guile and the defending is abysmal. On Saturday it was downright insulting to the fans that not one of the starting 11 could control the ball, or seemingly have enough energy to get to the ball first.

If a team plays nice possession football we sometimes manage to fend them off, but anybody with a bit of pace and hunger about them and its like lambs to the slaughter.

We need to let as many players go as we can in the summer and start again, preferably with an idea of what we are trying to achieve. The budget will have to reflect the realities of modern league 2 football.

Pretty accurate summary of our current situation and obviously at least three people don’t like facing the facts of how poor this side is.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 50
gytone
March 25, 2024, 8:56pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,029
Gold Stars: 8
I saw John Cockerill walking down the prom on Sunday, thought how we could do with someone like him now, Cockers and Cunnington were great midfield players for us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Bradford game is massive.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.