Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Bradford game is massive.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Bradford game is massive.

This thread currently has 5,071 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
March 24, 2024, 4:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,262
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Phil the cod

My son is autistic and has been going to GTFC since he was 6 - he's Town mad and now in his 30s. I don't think I'll be the only person on here who finds your comments deeply offensive.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 50
Theimperialcoroner
March 24, 2024, 4:05pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,209
Gold Stars: 102
I’ve removed Phil The Cod’s comments even if a few of you have rightly called them out.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 50
MuddyWaters
March 24, 2024, 4:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,262
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
I’ve removed Phil The Cod’s comments even if a few of you gave rightly called them out.

Thanks!
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 50
Hagrid
March 24, 2024, 4:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,437
Gold Stars: 536
Isnt the first time that poster has been highly offensive.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 50
HertsGTFC
March 24, 2024, 4:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,956
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
I’ve removed Phil The Cod’s comments even if a few of you have rightly called them out.

Good!!!

He should be suspended for a week or two for that.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 50
thornemariner
March 24, 2024, 5:30pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +662
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Wow, can you walk into this pity party or do you need an invite?

What’s killed the atmosphere is the quality of the product on the pitch not demolishing a stand in the early 80s.

One thing that Artell & Thompson mentioned post match yesterday was that the players might have been spooked by the whole Wrexham thing. On RH Artell referenced “cameras in the tunnel” if we have let the documentary makers get access to all areas yesterday whilst we’re in a relegation dogfight then that’s a really poor decision by GTFC.

Oh and I expect a point from the Bradford game for what it’s worth.

Agreed. I never ceased to be amazed at how many turn up given our appalling EFL home record over the years.

I'd like to see us beat Bradford. I can't recall when we last beat a Yorkshire side at home in the EFL/NL.

I can't accuse Town fans of a lack of support. Yesterday was another example of a game being effectively over just after it had started.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 50
Heisenberg
March 24, 2024, 6:50pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,074
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from thornemariner

Agreed. I never ceased to be amazed at how many turn up given our appalling EFL home record over the years.

I'd like to see us beat Bradford. I can't recall when we last beat a Yorkshire side at home in the EFL/NL.

I can't accuse Town fans of a lack of support. Yesterday was another example of a game being effectively over just after it had started.

I remember beating Halifax about 7-0, if that helps!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 50
ska face
March 24, 2024, 8:39pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,664
Gold Stars: 847

It’s amazing we’re getting anything above 2000 at home given the turd dished up to long-suffering home fans in the last few decades. Some of the stats I’ve seen on social media in the last few weeks make for shocking reading, all these are across the entire EFL -

Lowest goals per game average last 10 seasons:
1. GTFC (1.07 gpg)

Teams with longest run without back-to-back wins (inc prem):
4. GTFC (50 games)

Worst goal difference this century:
1. GTFC (minus 244)

Lowest goals per game at home average this century:
2. GTFC (1.24 gpg)

Most league games lost in football league history:
3. GTFC (1893)

Lowest goals per game last 5 years:
3. GTFC (1.03)

Most relegations in league history:
1. GTFC (17)

In amongst all that we’d been included in the top 5 for longest runs without a home win, longest run without an away win (13 at the time), longest overall run without a win (7) and some others.

7 times this season we’ve conceded 3 or more at home, that’s over a third of our home games. We’ve dropped 32 points from winning positions this season, the worst in the division. Had our worst result since 1948 in a spell of conceding 6, 5, 3, 2 and 5 again in consecutive home games. Started the season with 1 win in 7, then had spells of 1 win in 13, 1 win in 8 then 1 in 8 again all this season. Out of the league cup in the first round. 1 draw in the pizza cup against 10-man Man City u18s and drew away at semi-pro Slough town who were near the bottom of the national league south in the FA Cup.

And there’s people on here asking why anyone chooses to leave games early? Anyone who watches this shower on a regular basis needs a medal.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 50
chaos33
March 24, 2024, 8:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360

I think this is a huge point. Way too many times have thousands turned up at significant financial cost, poised to join their compatriots in full throated support and excitement, only to see the team pull a stinker and the game dead within the first half hour.

Sure, you might accept, philosophically, and with the benefit of long service,  this to happen once, maybe twice a season, but it’s probably happened, what, 4 times since Christmas..?

It’s a good indication of the fact that this isn’t a good enough squad. It makes us look, as a club, a bit of a sh1t show.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 50
chaos33
March 24, 2024, 10:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from ska face

It’s amazing we’re getting anything above 2000 at home given the turd dished up to long-suffering home fans in the last few decades. Some of the stats I’ve seen on social media in the last few weeks make for shocking reading, all these are across the entire EFL -

Lowest goals per game average last 10 seasons:
1. GTFC (1.07 gpg)

Teams with longest run without back-to-back wins (inc prem):
4. GTFC (50 games)

Worst goal difference this century:
1. GTFC (minus 244)

Lowest goals per game at home average this century:
2. GTFC (1.24 gpg)

Most league games lost in football league history:
3. GTFC (1893)

Lowest goals per game last 5 years:
3. GTFC (1.03)

Most relegations in league history:
1. GTFC (17)

In amongst all that we’d been included in the top 5 for longest runs without a home win, longest run without an away win (13 at the time), longest overall run without a win (7) and some others.

7 times this season we’ve conceded 3 or more at home, that’s over a third of our home games. We’ve dropped 32 points from winning positions this season, the worst in the division. Had our worst result since 1948 in a spell of conceding 6, 5, 3, 2 and 5 again in consecutive home games. Started the season with 1 win in 7, then had spells of 1 win in 13, 1 win in 8 then 1 in 8 again all this season. Out of the league cup in the first round. 1 draw in the pizza cup against 10-man Man City u18s and drew away at semi-pro Slough town who were near the bottom of the national league south in the FA Cup.

And there’s people on here asking why anyone chooses to leave games early? Anyone who watches this shower on a regular basis needs a medal.

Stark reality.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Bradford game is massive.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.