3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Grantham_Mariner
March 3, 2024, 4:52pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,189
Gold Stars: 51
Drive (From Grantham) to Huntingdon/St Neots, ThamesLinc to London Bridge, Breakfast/Brunch/Lunch/Drink Borough Market, then London Bridge to Sutton for 3 points.
Return journey changing at Norwood Junction.

NB. Only £35 Super Offpeak Return (2+1 with Friends & Family Rail Card) from Huntingdon or St Neats (More than double from Peterborough and a lot more from Grantham). So short drive, and "Let the Train take the strain" as they used to say.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 28
The Caterham Mariner
March 3, 2024, 6:00pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +89
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
Drive (From Grantham) to Huntingdon/St Neots, ThamesLinc to London Bridge, Breakfast/Brunch/Lunch/Drink Borough Market, then London Bridge to Sutton for 3 points.
Return journey changing at Norwood Junction.

NB. Only £35 Super Offpeak Return (2+1 with Friends & Family Rail Card) from Huntingdon or St Neats (More than double from Peterborough and a lot more from Grantham). So short drive, and "Let the Train take the strain" as they used to say.

Glad  to see your plan for day out , Yes i live down  here but no way drink down here, The pub round by London Bridge Station sorry i can't remember the name  is ideal real beer no pool tables / juke box/ Karoke machine etc a starting point.
ME its a serious big breakfast at "The Caterham Cafe" then a couple of beer on route via a "Spoons" = whats your cheapest  ale please.
UTM

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 28
WOZOFGRIMSBY
March 3, 2024, 9:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,844
Gold Stars: 178

Glad  to see your plan for day out , Yes i live down  here but no way drink down here, The pub round by London Bridge Station sorry i can't remember the name  is ideal real beer no pool tables / juke box/ Karoke machine etc a starting point.
ME its a serious big breakfast at "The Caterham Cafe" then a couple of beer on route via a "Spoons" = whats your cheapest  ale please.
UTM

Loads of great pubs around London Bridge tbh. The thameside is a great pub and views right on the Thames. Not been around that area for a good few years but always loved mooching around borough market.

Tbh, you aren’t going to go massively wrong with wherever you choose tbh.

Just note that, Palace, millwall, QPR, and charlton are all at home on Saturday so could be very busy with supporters

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 28
Yossarian
March 4, 2024, 9:43am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,082
Gold Stars: 18
Living down here in London the Wimbledon and Sutton games this week are one of my few chances to see Town...

I had assumed most tickets are just QR Code generated - but appears the shop is sending out physical tickets....

Is this the usual process?  Seems a bit old-school....

I see Wimbledon I can buy on the door so no drama.... but seems a bit old-tech to have physical tickets... I went to Welling v Truro the other night and even they had e-tickets
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 28
LH
March 4, 2024, 9:59am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,529
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from Yossarian
Living down here in London the Wimbledon and Sutton games this week are one of my few chances to see Town...

I had assumed most tickets are just QR Code generated - but appears the shop is sending out physical tickets....

I see Wimbledon I can buy on the door so no drama.... but seems a bit old-tech to have physical tickets... I went to Welling v Truro the other night and even they had e-tickets

This is the club that released a DVD in Feb 2024 that you’re talking about isn’t it?
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 28
Son of Cod
March 4, 2024, 11:27am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Yossarian

Think it's something to do with EFL clubs and how they do tickets as there were loads of clubs doing QR codes in the NL season. Funnily enough, last season's Wimbledon tickets were QR codes that were on sheets of A4 printed paper that were sent via post if you weren't able to collect from BP.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 28
GrimRob
March 4, 2024, 12:04pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,416
Gold Stars: 113
There's obviously an incentive to produce paper tickets as money can be made on postage. The clubs even post qr codes on occasion!

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Online
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 16 - 28
The Caterham Mariner
March 4, 2024, 4:15pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +89
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from GrimRob
There's obviously an incentive to produce paper tickets as money can be made on postage. The clubs even post qr codes on occasion!

Me i am a dinosaur that still likes to get old fashioned  tickets through the door and stick them on plate rack ready for use.
As i type  Wimbledon & Sutton stood ready to go
QR code tickets my sons photo shop for me so all i have to is pull up the photo, rather than go searching retrieving it somewhere on my phone. It is what it is .
I get there in the end UTM

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 28
Grimsby Is Not In Yorkshire
March 5, 2024, 8:50am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Approval: +244
Gold Stars: 17
Re Sutton - can you pay on the day? Also, looking at their site, you can get a bus (413 or 80) from Morden to Gander Green Lane (runs by ground)?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 28
March 5, 2024, 11:10am
Guest User
I see Millwall are at home to Birmingham.

London Bridge could get a bit lively.

I'm going via Victoria. The Victoria line down from Kings Cross is rapid.
Reply: 19 - 28
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Sutton Away

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.