3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Vance Warner
March 3, 2024, 8:21am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,810
Gold Stars: 102
Just a heads up there’s no Thameslink service from Kings X to Sutton next Saturday. It’s looking like a pretty tricky journey getting there and back. Train tickets are booked so I’ll just have to hope for the best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Marinerdeano
March 3, 2024, 8:56am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +467
Gold Stars: 27
I'm going.  I think your best bet is tube Kings x to London Bridge,  then trains from London Bridge to Sutton are regular.  Takes about an hour in total, plus if you are early, great pubs near London Bridge around Borough Market.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 28
Mariner56
March 3, 2024, 9:32am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +276
Gold Stars: 3
There are plenty of trains from Victoria to Sutton but West Sutton station which is directly outside the ground, appears to be closed that day.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 28
Poojah
March 3, 2024, 9:36am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,539
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from Marinerdeano
I'm going.  I think your best bet is tube Kings x to London Bridge,  then trains from London Bridge to Sutton are regular.  Takes about an hour in total, plus if you are early, great pubs near London Bridge around Borough Market.

Katzenjammers is a cracking little spot.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 28
nigelh
March 3, 2024, 9:39am

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +35
Quoted from Mariner56
There are plenty of trains from Victoria to Sutton but West Sutton station which is directly outside the ground, appears to be closed that day.

Yes. Engineering  works so West Sutton is closed.
Sutton is served by Thameslink and Southern so you should be able to get trains from Victoria, London Bridge , Blackfriars and maybe St Pancras ((Thameslink).
I don't think I can make it, which is a shame as it's one.of the nearer away days from the south  coast

.....................n
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 28
The Caterham Mariner
March 3, 2024, 10:36am
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +80
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from nigelh

Sutton is served by Thameslink and Southern so you should be able to get trains from Victoria, London Bridge , Blackfriars and maybe St Pancras ((Thameslink).
I don't think I can make it, which is a shame as it's one.of the nearer away days from the south  coast

Me its a bus 407 Caterham to Sutton then a 15 - 20 mins walk .
Your good self train to closest station then bus? Rather than miss out on a game.

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 28
Yossarian
March 3, 2024, 10:36am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,073
Gold Stars: 18
Yeah i'll  heading borough market for a couple before heading down.  

Sutton is a weird out of the way suburb...i had the 'pleasure' of working on a project there for a year.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 28
Vance Warner
March 3, 2024, 10:44am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,810
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from nigelh

Cheers for that. It’s looking like Victoria to Sutton and then a bit of a walk to the ground but probably works better for decent pubs anyway
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 28
HertsGTFC
March 3, 2024, 10:59am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,916
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Yossarian
Yeah i'll  heading borough market for a couple before heading down.  

Sutton is a weird out of the way suburb...i had the 'pleasure' of working on a project there for a year.  

Yeah when I worked on the road one of my Stores was in Sutton, full of shop lifting scrotes before shop lifting became a recognised past time.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 28
The Caterham Mariner
March 3, 2024, 11:13am
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +80
Gold Stars: 8
Sorry forgot to add for Nigelh's benefit
Train to Purley then bus to Sutton is that an option ? Press post quick before adding.

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 28
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Sutton Away

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.