Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back......
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Just back......

This thread currently has 8,090 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
IlkleyMariner
February 24, 2024, 7:47pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from chaos33
I’ve been forcefully critical and vocal in castigating the manager and the appalling failure to address our inability to defend properly (especially at home), but I think a little credit is due for doing much better today. Sure, it’s basic stuff, and we’ve been right to expect better standards, but I felt it was a nailed on defeat if we didn’t do something about that today, but, despite losing half a dozen players to illness and injuries at the 11th hour, we’ve battled our way to a decent point with a hugely improved application and organisation performance . We could’ve won that game if the nailed on penalty for the foul on Rose had been given or Gav hadn’t missed the late sitter.

We started better, not only by not conceding pathetically, but by scoring and there was evidently a significant improvement in our application for 90 minutes, so I think it’s fair to say well done and be somewhat satisfied with the point.

Bigger picture - well the FGR result today has made things worse in terms of our prospects, so the imperative to beat them at home next week is even greater. I might feel Artell is wrong for us, but the staff and players deserve some credit today with several individuals raising their standards significantly. Decent result, much better performance, and the evident recalibration and renewal of the squad’s sense of competence and fight is a positive.

Agreed. Some decent players in the Morecambe team. Hope can pinch some of them for ourselves
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 60
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
February 24, 2024, 8:00pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,828
Gold Stars: 555
Fair play to Artell, the rest of the management team and the players.

Decent performance at a good side. One point more than most of us expected.

Huge game on Sat.

ps. this is a very bland post. I might as well have just AI’d it. Very bland, very boring. I’ve got nothing else to say on the matter though. Yep.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 60
Hagrid
February 24, 2024, 8:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,419
Gold Stars: 534
Quoted from It Bites

Therein lies the problem with idiots at football matches. Rose is probably the best example of a professional footballer we’ve had in 20 years .

Bloody hell thats a bit far. I like rosey but come on….. Craig Disley for one
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 60
MuddyWaters
February 24, 2024, 8:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,253
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Hagrid

Bloody hell thats a bit far. I like rosey but come on….. Craig Disley for one

I love Dis but almost all of his time with us was in non league.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 60
Hagrid
February 24, 2024, 8:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,419
Gold Stars: 534
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Matters not, he was the ultimate professional
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 60
SouthLakesMariner
February 24, 2024, 8:39pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +939
Gold Stars: 21
Today felt like the penny had finally dropped that our predicament demands a different approach. I don’t know how much the player availability issues had to do with the formation and approach to the game, but let’s hope we can build on this and that it’s not too late to turn things around.

It wasn’t pretty to watch, but we ground out a decent point that might have been three. I thought Obikwu made a nuisance of himself and grew into the game. Harry had a decent game and Rose was his usual excellent self. But I also want to mention Toby Mullarkey, previously written off, but had a solid game with one superb first half tackle to prevent a clear run on goal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 60
wiggers
February 24, 2024, 8:50pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 11
Sad state of affairs, a point at Morecambe is something to celebrate.  They are average at best.  I’m sorry but there is no way we will stay up. I’m absolutely gutted what has happened to us this season. Can’t believe how bad we are. We are clueless, plain and simple. We have massively gone backwards under Artell.  Can’t believe what I’m reading on this thread….
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 60
forza ivano
February 24, 2024, 8:58pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,185
Gold Stars: 265
Here is a debating point. How much credit can Artell take for the improved performance, given it seems pretty obvious that the change was forced upon him by the players n the powers that be ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 60
Croxton
February 24, 2024, 9:00pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from wiggers
Sad state of affairs, a point at Morecambe is something to celebrate.  They are average at best.  I’m sorry but there is no way we will stay up. I’m absolutely gutted what has happened to us this season. Can’t believe how bad we are. We are clueless, plain and simple. We have massively gone backwards under Artell.  Can’t believe what I’m reading on this thread….

This is the 'Just Back' thread. Which stand were you in?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 60
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
February 24, 2024, 9:22pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,828
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from MuddyWaters

They both have beautiful teeth

Thrice a day brushers

Danny’s may be augmented (allegedly)
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back......

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.