Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,132
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from GrimRob
BAWB has now left the Fishy

That's a shame.

Don't think anyone wants that. I know I don't.

Wished I'd just let it all wash over me now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 82
HerveJosse
February 19, 2024, 10:57am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Just passed a convoy  of fraud squad and armed police heading off A15 into Barton
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 82
LH
February 19, 2024, 11:04am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,519
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from HerveJosse
Just passed a convoy  of fraud squad and armed police heading off A15 into Barton

Has Artell moved a bit closer then?
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 82
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
February 19, 2024, 11:15am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,828
Gold Stars: 554
Quoted from AussieMariner
Does anyone on here know BAWB’s identity?

I think he once said he lived in Luton
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 82
TownSNAFU5
February 19, 2024, 11:24am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,883
Gold Stars: 42
The authorities have a crack-down every so often on illegal streamers.  In a high-profile case recently some were convicted and given jail sentences.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 82
arryarryarry
February 19, 2024, 2:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
The authorities have a crack-down every so often on illegal streamers.  In a high-profile case recently some were convicted and given jail sentences.  

Not really taken that much notice but I think those that were jailed were the ones providing the equipment and access to non legal streams.

As regards the individual on here who I can't ever remember agreeing with any of his posts. I don't think he was doing anything illegal just getting round the rules of watching 3.00pm kick-offs as posted by Grim Rob above and if he doesn't see that then he clearly has lost the plot.
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 82
AncientExiledMariner
February 19, 2024, 3:10pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.52
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +516
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from ginnywings

That's a shame.

Don't think anyone wants that. I know I don't.

Wished I'd just let it all wash over me now.

There has been a bit of a pile on of anyone who disagrees with the conveying wisdom.

I'm disappointed but not surprised. I'm just not really engaging on here any more as it's getting ridiculous. People prefer poor quality posts agreeing with them than any nuance as to why they don't.

The denni's and Yoda's went from being ridiculous to much loved, which is a testament to the point.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 82
GrimRob
February 19, 2024, 4:00pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113

There has been a bit of a pile on of anyone who disagrees with the conveying wisdom.

I'm disappointed but not surprised. I'm just not really engaging on here any more as it's getting ridiculous. People prefer poor quality posts agreeing with them than any nuance as to why they don't.

The denni's and Yoda's went from being ridiculous to much loved, which is a testament to the point.

We're at one of these rare moments when almost everyone agrees even the extreme wings of the Fishy user base are getting more green ticks than red crosses. There's one massive problem at the moment it's an asteroid about to collide with the good planet GTFC and we are running out of time to change its orbit. It's a shame BAWB decided to leave, perhaps he was picked on a bit, but he was argumentative and antagonistic and talking of poor quality posts he would go down a thread and make short insulting replies to several people almost like he was thinking aloud. Twice in the last week I had mentioned it to him and had to lower his post limit to 20 a day.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 57 - 82
TAGG
February 19, 2024, 4:25pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,971
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from ginnywings

The guy who only watches games on illegal streams preaching to others is priceless.

Every conversation I had at the ground and pub afterwards were with people who have been watching and attending for decades, and every one of them said the same thing. If we go down again, they are done.

Before the game started, I saw an old work colleague and he said Artell is a clown, who will take us into non league. The ensuing game didn't do much to dissuade anyone of that notion.

Our little mob have had STs for years including Covid and both stints in Non League and we all say the same as you if we go down 'we are done'

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 82
marinerjase
February 19, 2024, 4:33pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 147
Maybe, as he alluded too..he was lonely, had pressures (as we all do) and , like a lot go to games and vent/let off steam - him not being able too meant this was his outlet??

Yes he came across terribly..but where’s the compassion/thought?? Others on here give outright abuse and it’s not even questioned..

Furthermore..why are so many on social media triggered by what others/ how others react to what they think?? Particularly those they don’t know..I don’t get it. So many give the daft tick/crosses so much emphasis. It’s like a popularity thing..’ooh I need to be liked’ ..or as we know some use it the other way to belittle/knock others.. it’s pathetic. But it’s encouraged.

If you want to say something, in the right way, to encourage/debate/discuss then say it regardless. So what if people disagree/don’t like. And vice versa if someone gets on your nerves, or winds you up - don’t react, ignore..they’ll soon get fed up if on a wind up, and if - perhaps in this case who knows..they just need a sounding board/interaction or the feeling of…

In this day and age of mental health issues/after pandemic etc etc there are some whose lives have. Hanger drastically and impacts in ways others might not understand.

So allow them a second though before disregarding:slating:forcing out etc etc

(Appreciate this won’t go down well)

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 82
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › BAWB and firesticks

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.