February 18, 2024, 10:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from 123614

I'm sorry, exactly what law is that?

"Bypassing geo-restrictions is against the Terms of Service of most streaming sites, but violating a TOS is NOT an illegal act."

Do some research.

You’re also short-changing the club by £10-12 a match given that you’re watching it via VPN rather than purchasing a match ticket and watching it at BP. You should donate the difference to the club every time.

Ultimately each to their own and no one would be having a pop at you about this if you weren’t going around telling people they aren’t true fans.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 82
MuddyWaters
February 18, 2024, 10:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,254
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from 123614

I'm sorry, exactly what law is that?

"Bypassing geo-restrictions is against the Terms of Service of most streaming sites, but violating a TOS is NOT an illegal act."

Do some research.

Shocked…..not. The paragon of virtue is exposed.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 82
GrimRob
February 18, 2024, 10:29pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,410
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from 123614

It violates the terms of service so you are liable to get your account banned, especially if you admit doing so on a public forum.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 12 - 82
Lincoln Mariner 56
February 18, 2024, 10:31pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,697
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from GrimRob

It violates the terms of service so you are liable to get your account banned, especially if you admit doing so on a public forum.

Can’t we just ban him from the Fishy as punishment?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 82
GrimRob
February 18, 2024, 10:33pm

Attachment: screenshot_20240218_223119_3215.png
Size: 92.64 KB

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 14 - 82
friskneymariner
February 18, 2024, 10:50pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
God that man is thick,he doesn't realise when he is an hole he should stop digging.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 82
February 19, 2024, 7:36am
Guest User
Quoted from 140381
Copyright law protects the initial transmission of the game. The angles of the cameras, the production, the skill of the cameramen/women. As soon as that is recorded it’s protected as a work of copyright.

Unlawfully replicating or reproducing that is copyright infringement,

They’re more likely to go for the people who are selling the fire sticks, but don’t pretend you’re a beacon of virtue on this.

It is not illegal to watch it.  If someone else wants to sell firesticks, what is that to do with me, I watch it via a VPN.  That is not illegal!  Makes me laugh at all you 'holier than thou' people, clutching at straws to find something else to have a go at me.

Reply: 16 - 82
February 19, 2024, 7:42am
Guest User
Quoted from GrimRob

Nobody is criticising you but many people would regarding stopping going to games and watching on tv as not full support. A lot of people are threatening to do just that. Next season incidentally will see better tv coverage with multiple camera angles and dedicated commentary in many EFL games. The legacy supporter who travels to every game is an endangered species.

Do you not understand that I cannot go to games due to my disabilities?  I would love to go to BP to watch every home game, and also go to away games too, but I cannot.

Reply: 17 - 82
GrimRob
February 19, 2024, 7:46am

Quoted from 123614

Do you not understand that I cannot go to games due to my disabilities?  I would love to go to BP to watch every home game, and also go to away games too, but I cannot.

Can you not read? I don't give a toss about you and am making a general point.

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 18 - 82
February 19, 2024, 7:48am
Guest User
Quoted from arryarryarry

So you fiddle the system by masking you are living in the UK to gain access to what should be for overseas supporters.

So much for your high and mighty bull excrement you spout on  here.

Grow up.  What have I fiddled?  Have I stolen anything, have I hurt anyone?  No, I am simply using a loophole in the system that allows people like me who cannot get to games, to be able to watch them on TV.  I don't use a dodgy firestick which have been sold by a certain person on here, I didn't see you questioning him about that, which is illegal.

Reply: 19 - 82
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › BAWB and firesticks

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.