Northbank Mariner
February 18, 2024, 9:49am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,472
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from 123614

You're missing my point, true supporters will as will I, and I'm telling you that as a fact!

What, by watching every game on a dodgy firestick?..

There's a big difference between supporting the club and not getting taken for a fool!..

Following town home and away is a bloody expensive do, and during the current economic climate and the fact the town has a high unemployment rate, or wages just on the cusp of the "living wage" I can tell you, as fact, people will prioritise things over following town if we go down but that does not stop them being a "true" supporter.
Logged Offline
Private Message
ginnywings
February 18, 2024, 9:57am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,143
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from 123614

You're missing my point, true supporters will as will I, and I'm telling you that as a fact!

The guy who only watches games on illegal streams preaching to others is priceless.

Every conversation I had at the ground and pub afterwards were with people who have been watching and attending for decades, and every one of them said the same thing. If we go down again, they are done.

Before the game started, I saw an old work colleague and he said Artell is a clown, who will take us into non league. The ensuing game didn't do much to dissuade anyone of that notion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 82
February 18, 2024, 8:55pm
Guest User
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

What, by watching every game on a dodgy firestick?..

There's a big difference between supporting the club and not getting taken for a fool!..

Following town home and away is a bloody expensive do, and during the current economic climate and the fact the town has a high unemployment rate, or wages just on the cusp of the "living wage" I can tell you, as fact, people will prioritise things over following town if we go down but that does not stop them being a "true" supporter.

Again, people thinking they know the facts, when in fact you don't.  I pay monthly to watch Mariners TV on a VPN!  I can't be at BP or any other stadium due to my disabilities, and I have been a supporter of GTFC for 73 years now.  

Reply: 2 - 82
ginnywings
February 18, 2024, 9:33pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,143
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from 123614

Again, people thinking they know the facts, when in fact you don't.  I pay monthly to watch Mariners TV on a VPN!  I can't be at BP or any other stadium due to my disabilities, and I have been a supporter of GTFC for 73 years now.  

But we do.

UK residents are not supposed to be able to access games on a Saturday with a 3 PM kick off, so you are flouting the rules, whether you do it on a dodgy firestick, or use a VPN to disguise your whereabouts.

I have no problem with you doing this as it's hardly the crime of the century, and it puts at least some money in the GTFC coffers, but you keep saying you are a true fan, and attack people like me for saying we will stop attending if we get relegated.

We make our choices, you make yours.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 82
GrimRob
February 18, 2024, 9:41pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,411
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from 123614

Nobody is criticising you but many people would regarding stopping going to games and watching on tv as not full support. A lot of people are threatening to do just that. Next season incidentally will see better tv coverage with multiple camera angles and dedicated commentary in many EFL games. The legacy supporter who travels to every game is an endangered species.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 4 - 82
Northbank Mariner
February 18, 2024, 9:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,472
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from 123614

And VPNs are illegal streams you prune!...if is ILLEGAL by any means to stream a 3pm kick off due to the EFL black out...God give me bloody strength with you
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 82
February 18, 2024, 9:52pm
Guest User
Quoted from ginnywings

But we do.

UK residents are not supposed to be able to access games on a Saturday with a 3 PM kick off, so you are flouting the rules, whether you do it on a dodgy firestick, or use a VPN to disguise your whereabouts.

I have no problem with you doing this as it's hardly the crime of the century, and it puts at least some money in the GTFC coffers, but you keep saying you are a true fan, and attack people like me for saying we will stop attending if we get relegated.

We make our choices, you make yours.

No you don't!  He said dodgy firestick, implying I am watching the game for free therefore taking money from GTFC.  Totally wrong.  I pay GTFC every month to watch the stream on Mariners TV.  And seriously, you go on about me flouting the rules, lol, those rules that allows the whole of the rest of the world to watch English League football, except for those who live in the UK!  It's a joke.

So what makes you think I am not a true fan?  I attended BP every time I could throughout my life, there were times when I was abroad when I couldn't attend, ever since those times I was at home matches until circumstances prevented me from attending, namely my disabilities.  I think my choice rather than yours, shows who the true fan is.

Reply: 6 - 82
February 18, 2024, 9:53pm
Guest User
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

And VPNs are illegal streams you prune!...if is ILLEGAL by any means to stream a 3pm kick off due to the EFL black out...God give me bloody strength with you

I'm sorry, exactly what law is that?

"Bypassing geo-restrictions is against the Terms of Service of most streaming sites, but violating a TOS is NOT an illegal act."

Do some research.
Reply: 7 - 82
February 18, 2024, 9:54pm
Guest User
Copyright law.
Reply: 8 - 82
February 18, 2024, 10:01pm
Guest User
Copyright law protects the initial transmission of the game. The angles of the cameras, the production, the skill of the cameramen/women. As soon as that is recorded it’s protected as a work of copyright.

Unlawfully replicating or reproducing that is copyright infringement,

They’re more likely to go for the people who are selling the fire sticks, but don’t pretend you’re a beacon of virtue on this.
Reply: 9 - 82
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › BAWB and firesticks

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.