ginnywings
February 18, 2024, 10:15pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,143
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from 123614

Two of them against a team of part timers.  They have both been part of the backroom staff for the whole of this time from when things started going wrong, they have to take some of the blame too.  Putting inexperienced people in as managers when we are in this position is one hell of a risk.  We need an experienced manager who knows League Two.

Graham Flynn at Newport was promoted from coach to caretaker manager at Newport, with them 11 points adrift at the bottom of league 2, and he kept them up, and eventually getting them to the play offs and a great cup run.

Adkins went from Physio to caretaker at Scunny, and guided them to promotions.

Just two examples of untried and inexperienced managers that came from inside the club. It can and does work, but I'm also sure there are many that didn't work.

Point is that you never know what will happen. We have already tried a new manager with experience of League 2 replacing PH this season and he has made us worse.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 79
Abdul19
February 18, 2024, 10:18pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,567
Gold Stars: 216
What does 'knowing League 2' mean anyway?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 79
February 18, 2024, 10:20pm
Guest User
Quoted from Abdul19

Knowing me, knowing league 2, A-Haaaa
Reply: 72 - 79
Mikey_345
February 18, 2024, 10:25pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,383
Gold Stars: 106
Quoted from Abdul19

I’d prefer someone who knows our players and knows the issues we have, where the problems lay etc.

Ben and Shaun arrested a run of 9 games with 4 point and got 5 points out of 3 league games straight away… We’d take that sort of return now, all day long.

Coaches in backroom staffs do as they’re told. They instantly changed our style and instantly got results. We’re getting battered every week at the minute. If Artell says “this is how we’re playing and how we’re setting up” then that’s what they have to do..

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 79
davmariner
February 18, 2024, 10:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Mikey_345

I’d prefer someone who knows our players and knows the issues we have, where the problems lay etc.

Ben and Shaun arrested a run of 9 games with 4 point and got 5 points out of 3 league games straight away… We’d take that sort of return now, all day long.

Coaches in backroom staffs do as they’re told. They instantly changed our style and instantly got results. We’re getting battered every week at the minute. If Artell says “this is how we’re playing and how we’re setting up” then that’s what they have to do..

I don’t mind who at this point and I’m not against Shaun and Ben, but isn’t the problem that we’re just shite other than Danny Rose? Shouldn’t take long to work out.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 79
jamesgtfc
February 18, 2024, 10:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,967
Gold Stars: 190
Give it to Shaun and Ben, it's almost spring so I'm Dave will be able to keep himself busy with a spot of gardening. Get a couple of free agents in to lift standards and get back to basics.

If we lose again next week, what happens? At least if we do lose next week, he can stop trying to gaslight us with this myth that our away form is good. But what happens? Maybe the thinking is if they sack him next week, he hasn't got far to travel back home. That is part of why they sacked Hurst at full time after Doncaster away.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 79
GrimRob
February 18, 2024, 11:07pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,413
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Abdul19

Good point. Artell won League 2 in 2019-20 which was 4 seasons ago. 6 teams exit League 2 every year. There have been 4 seasons completed since he last competed in League 2, which means 24 teams have left it, the same number of teams in it! As it happens quite a few teams have been up and down (like Crewe) or down and up (like us). But very few teams are comparable to the one he faced when he last managed at this level. Not to mention rule changes (e.g. 5 subs).

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 76 - 79
lancspontooner
February 18, 2024, 11:24pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +213
If Artell had any honour he would resign now. But as this is probably his last shot at an EFL management role I'm guessing he'll hang on to the bitter end if only for his compo. He says he's good at developing youth players so I'd tell him he's assisting Woods with the youth team until the end of this season or doing some scouting while SP and BD look after the first team. If that hurts his pride and causes him any embarrassment then tough as it just reflects what he's inflicted on us fans over the last few weeks. The constant laughter and jeering from the away end is soul-destroying. The guy has annoyed me from off and I can't watch my club under his management any longer. It's me or him and I think Jason has just told us today that it's me being negative. I suppose I'm the cheaper option as they have already banked my season ticket money. So thanks for the memories.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 79
louth_in_the_south
February 19, 2024, 1:11pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,692
Gold Stars: 96
His Meh comment about the club is just laughable now . What a co.ck

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 79
MuddyWaters
February 19, 2024, 1:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,256
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
His Meh comment about the club is just laughable now . What a co.ck

Thing is that he wasn't wrong - however, there was no remit to make us 'meh-rer'.
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 79
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Give Pearson and Davies the job

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.