Northbank Mariner
February 17, 2024, 7:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,464
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from ancientmariner54

How often do you overule your boss at work ?

I don't over rule my boss, but I have an open dialogue where I can put across my thoughts, and if I believe there's a better way we discuss it...ffs, it's a football club not a bloody dictatorship.
And for the record, I've been saying we needed a complete clear out of the old guard, Pearson is not ready for management yet and certainly not with a team low on confidence. Stockwood should not have put a caveat on a manager that Shaun n Ben were retained, you've undermined him before he's even started!!..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 79
GibMariner
February 17, 2024, 7:45pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -953
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from GrimRob
Absolutely. Take our time actually finding a new manager not picking the first person we thought of and pretending to do "due diligence"

This
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 79
WesternMariner
February 17, 2024, 7:50pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +921
Gold Stars: 38

How often do you overule your boss at work ?

Yoda’s still on a paper round - there’s not much scope for discussing business strategy.

All men are equal before fish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 79
mariner91
February 17, 2024, 7:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,652
Gold Stars: 261
We can't get any worse than we are currently. If we don't get rid of Artell then we're down, there is no way this team under him is going to pick up more than 2 or 3 more points this season.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 79
The Caterham Mariner
February 17, 2024, 7:54pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +88
Gold Stars: 8
HHHmmmm we are in a pickle, passions are boiling up They are an option, IF the Squad have  faith, trust in them and willing to play for them to save our bacon and stop us going down again like "Whores Draws!"  As a supporter looking over the fence wondering whats going on in the dressing room on a Saturday afternoon  or on the training  ground during the week.
My next games i am going to i think  i will be crossing me fingers and toes!!
UTM

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 79
HerveJosse
February 17, 2024, 8:00pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
At this stage might as well just ask the players who they are prepared to play for and go with that to the end of the season then bin the lot off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 79
February 17, 2024, 8:14pm
Guest User

We didn't lose under them

Yeah right, how many games?  And please don't count the two games against the part timers.  They are part of this, and not just for with DA, but also with PH too.  We need experience, not inexperience.

Reply: 26 - 79
February 17, 2024, 8:15pm
Guest User
Quoted from TAGG

What experienced like David Artell??

SP and BD should have been kept in place after Hurst went, we would have never been in this position.

Supposition!

Reply: 27 - 79
fishcake63
February 17, 2024, 8:40pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
possibly the best way forward he's almost certainly lost the players & possibly the staff as well , he's so stubborn he will get us relegated if allowed to continue
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 79
lancspontooner
February 17, 2024, 9:11pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +213
SP and BD have to be the least worst option at this stage of the season. That might be damning them with faint praise but I think they could make a positive difference just by not being Artell in that changing room. Review the position again at the end of the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 79
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Give Pearson and Davies the job

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.