8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
kevikov
February 18, 2024, 1:46pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +834
Gold Stars: 13
I’d give it to SP and BD and tell Artell to stay at home for rest of season.

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 79
Yoda
February 18, 2024, 2:13pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,162
Gold Stars: 71
I would have a clear out of everybody including stats guy.
Pearson and Davies are more of the same and an easy touch for our lazy players.
Get a full new back room team in kick some behind and get them playing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 79
chaos33
February 18, 2024, 2:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from Yoda
I would have a clear out of everybody including stats guy.
Pearson and Davies are more of the same and an easy touch for our lazy players.
Get a full new back room team in kick some behind and get them playing.

It’s a good job nobody takes you seriously then you muppet. As if any sane person would conclude that the thing to do now would be to dismiss half a dozen people leaving no managerial or professional coaching staff and a recruitment challenge that was off the scale.
Yeah let’s go into the next run of crucial matches with nobody in charge, but then get six people in, including a manager, assistant, a couple of coaches, a goalkeeper coach and other ancillary or analyst/admin staff, just like that. You melt.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 79
ancientmariner54
February 18, 2024, 2:28pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -185
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
We need a proper experienced manager in sorry no expense spared at this point, its got to be fast and likely expensive to get a tune out of these misfits

Where do you think managers come from , there isn't a cupboard marked "MANAGERS" somewhere. They all start at the bottom ,some make it and some don't, but they have to be given the opportunity. Shaun and Ben made a good start and D.As best results came on the end of their tenure ,when i assume they would still have a significant input to the team and set-up. In the more recent games when you would imagine D.A. has implemented more of his own ideas we've nosedived. Throwing money at something doesn't guarantee success, neither does a "NAME "manager e.g. Hollowhead. It's always the same , right man, right place, right time. e.g. Sir Alan.    U.T.M.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 79
Yoda
February 18, 2024, 2:35pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,162
Gold Stars: 71
We have a full managerial set up now and it’s useless can it get any worse.
We have the worst managerial team in the whole of England and Wales that is evident.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 79
davmariner
February 18, 2024, 2:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,935
Gold Stars: 79
I’m sick to the back teeth of my club being taken advantage of by charlatan managers. All the effort that previous players, managers, staff and fans put in is all going to excrement. Thanks a lot Artell.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 79
Mikey_345
February 18, 2024, 2:53pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,383
Gold Stars: 106
For me it’s the only option. Obviously in an ideal world you’d like to recruit someone and bring them in. However we have to look at where we are and the circumstances we find ourselves in.

I’ve been thinking the last few days, is the decent (relatively speaking) start Artell had more to do with Ben and Shaun than him?

When they took over they did a bloody good job in stopping the rot and I’d argue had a very successful spell when considering what had gone before.

They went 5 unbeaten taking 5 points from 9 in the league. When Artell came in he enjoyed a few decent away points and a home win early on. After that - nothing much else and things started to get worse.

The last 18 look like this (all comps):

9 games after Hurst - 3 wins, 5 draws, 1 defeat. Scored: 18 Conceded: 13 (Ben and Shaun - 5 games, 2 wins and 3 draws)

9 games after that - 1 win, 2 draws, 6 defeats. Scored: 13 Conceded: 25

The team is obviously going backwards and getting worse the longer this goes on. Seemingly the longer Artell has with them the worse we get. Is the drop off due to having ‘more Artell’?

As I said it isn’t ideal. However if you asked me who I trusted to get us out of this out of those options available. Shaun and Ben win hands down.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 79
February 18, 2024, 9:40pm
Guest User
Quoted from Mikey_345
For me it’s the only option. Obviously in an ideal world you’d like to recruit someone and bring them in. However we have to look at where we are and the circumstances we find ourselves in.

I’ve been thinking the last few days, is the decent (relatively speaking) start Artell had more to do with Ben and Shaun than him?

When they took over they did a bloody good job in stopping the rot and I’d argue had a very successful spell when considering what had gone before.

They went 5 unbeaten taking 5 points from 9 in the league. When Artell came in he enjoyed a few decent away points and a home win early on. After that - nothing much else and things started to get worse.

The last 18 look like this (all comps):

9 games after Hurst - 3 wins, 5 draws, 1 defeat. Scored: 18 Conceded: 13 (Ben and Shaun - 5 games, 2 wins and 3 draws)

9 games after that - 1 win, 2 draws, 6 defeats. Scored: 13 Conceded: 25

The team is obviously going backwards and getting worse the longer this goes on. Seemingly the longer Artell has with them the worse we get. Is the drop off due to having ‘more Artell’?

As I said it isn’t ideal. However if you asked me who I trusted to get us out of this out of those options available. Shaun and Ben win hands down.

Two of them against a team of part timers.  They have both been part of the backroom staff for the whole of this time from when things started going wrong, they have to take some of the blame too.  Putting inexperienced people in as managers when we are in this position is one hell of a risk.  We need an experienced manager who knows League Two.

Reply: 67 - 79
Lincoln Mariner 56
February 18, 2024, 9:46pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,696
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from 123614

Two of them against a team of part timers.  They have both been part of the backroom staff for the whole of this time from when things started going wrong, they have to take some of the blame too.  Putting inexperienced people in as managers when we are in this position is one hell of a risk.  We need an experienced manager who knows League Two.

Do you have any opinions of your own or just happy contradicting and/or questioning other posters contributions? Come on tell us if you want Artell to stay or if not who should replace him?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 79
Captaincod
February 18, 2024, 9:56pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +247
Gold Stars: 15
Do you have any suggestions BAWB? That’s not a dig but we have an experienced manager who knows league 2. In the words of David Brentell himself he’s won manager of the year and been promoted from this division. That hasn’t worked too well.
Every appointment is a risk. Shaun and Ben seem less of a risk than keeping him.
As I mentioned on another thread the best town team I’ve seen were managed by Dave Booth who was promoted from within and had no experience.
I would also hope the owners didn’t put all their eggs in one basket with Artell and built dossiers and interviewed other potential managers when PH left.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 79
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Give Pearson and Davies the job

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.