davmariner
February 17, 2024, 6:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from tashee69

Don’t know why you quoted me as I think Artell should go.
I was referring to davmariner who seems to be delighted we’ve been hammered calling out anyone who’s been slightly optimistic or said anything positive.

Oh hiya David Artell, nice to see you’ve emerged from the dressing room. 😜

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 147
February 17, 2024, 6:50pm
Guest User
Without a doubt the most inept sequence of Town performances I’ve seen in 44 years. Indefensible. FGR will easily beat us. He’s taking us down without any shadow of a doubt.
Reply: 41 - 147
Yoda
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,141
Gold Stars: 71
He stayed in there so he didn’t have to do his radio interview
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 147
Yoda
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,141
Gold Stars: 71
He stayed in there so he didn’t have to do his radio interview
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 147
Grimal
February 17, 2024, 6:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,876
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Yoda
Most are conference north standard at best.

I wouldn't even put them at that standard, I've watched Boston a few times this season and apart from Danny Rose I wouldn't want to exchange any of the Boston lads for these spineless individuals, I won't call them players/footballers,they're not worthy of the title.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 147
Grimal
February 17, 2024, 6:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,876
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from grimsby pete

He daren't come out he saw Jason with a envelope in his hand.

Well I hope there isn't any money in it ,he doesn't deserve any wages after that shite show.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 147
Maringer
February 17, 2024, 7:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,562
Gold Stars: 185
I'm surprised that Andrews is getting the stick as he was the best of the midfield three. Which isn't saying much. There is no way that Clifton and Green will ever be capable central midfielders in League football. Both fluffed easy chances to equalise and when we were doing OK and they just don't have the ability on the ball to play that role. I reckon Andrews will be a capable League player at some point. If Thompson stays fit, we've got a chance, I suppose. If not, we're going to lose midfield in every single game for the rest of the season and the chances of winning enough points in that case are slim.

I feel sorry for Obikwu to some degree as he's a kid with absolutely no experience and he's expected to come on and change things around, but little sympathy with most of the rest of them who simply aren't good enough. Even Rose missed a sitter near the end today, getting dragged down to the level of the rest of them.

Hurst built a flipping rubbish squad, Artell hasn't done much to improve it and the team are playing like a bunch of clowns at the moment. I really hope two of the three teams below us don't show any improvement whatsoever.

Pep couldn't get a tune out of this bunch so I'm not sure changing the manager would make much difference, either!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 147
Heisenberg
February 17, 2024, 7:19pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,074
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from Maringer
I'm surprised that Andrews is getting the stick as he was the best of the midfield three. Which isn't saying much. There is no way that Clifton and Green will ever be capable central midfielders in League football. Both fluffed easy chances to equalise and when we were doing OK and they just don't have the ability on the ball to play that role. I reckon Andrews will be a capable League player at some point. If Thompson stays fit, we've got a chance, I suppose. If not, we're going to lose midfield in every single game for the rest of the season and the chances of winning enough points in that case are slim.

I feel sorry for Obikwu to some degree as he's a kid with absolutely no experience and he's expected to come on and change things around, but little sympathy with most of the rest of them who simply aren't good enough. Even Rose missed a sitter near the end today, getting dragged down to the level of the rest of them.

Hurst built a flipping rubbish squad, Artell hasn't done much to improve it and the team are playing like a bunch of clowns at the moment. I really hope two of the three teams below us don't show any improvement whatsoever.

Pep couldn't get a tune out of this bunch so I'm not sure changing the manager would make much difference, either!

There’s only TWO teams below us now, not three.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 147
DB
February 17, 2024, 7:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,032
Gold Stars: 388
The sad fact is that we have to play and beat those teams. On today's spectacle I don't think we can.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 147
The Caterham Mariner
February 17, 2024, 7:42pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +91
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from tashee69

Don’t know why you quoted me as I think Artell should go.
I was referring to davmariner who seems to be delighted we’ve been hammered calling out anyone who’s been slightly optimistic or said anything positive.

Yes sorry put my comment / opinion  which is the same as yours "Gotta Go!" In the wrong place should have made it a new post on reading thread again. Fingers typing quicker than brain.
UTM

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 147
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.