chaos33
February 18, 2024, 11:08am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from 123614

Or maybe because he was getting dogs abuse for the best part of the match.

I think this just strengthens the argument for him to go though. It’s unpleasant and unseemly for anyone representing our club to be involved in verbal abuse exchanges. It’s harmful to all parties. It’s not the kind of club we should want to be. You can see him during the game; yelling angrily, seemingly arguing with staff and officials, not watching the game and calmly prompting. It’s just toxic and unhelpful. Then he storms off petulantly. No sportsmanship or politeness or professionalism. It’s giving a distasteful account of us as an organisation. It’s ugly. Everyone can see it and feel it. The owners can’t want to be be associated with, and represented by, those kind of spectacles. That conduct. That culture. It’s got to end now. It gives us no platform to fix anything. It’s poisonous.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 147
thornemariner
February 18, 2024, 11:57am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +655
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from ginnywings
Thought I would have a change of scenery and watch some cricket.

Even more pathetic than the town team, if that's possible.

Fooking sport....

Know how you feel.

I'm keeping my head down over here for a few days and then off on holiday. Watching some Maltese amateur league football next weekend. It will be far more enjoyable.

Someone I travel in with for home games has seen his last match this season and a group who do nearly all the away games have handed their Morecambe tickets back.

I can at least watch Brentford. They're not having a happy season either but are still enjoyable to watch most of the time. At least they compete.

When I was stood in blazing sunshine at Town Hall Square for the promotion celebrations  I hoped we would never go through this again.

Private Message
Reply: 121 - 147
Eastendmariner
February 18, 2024, 12:20pm
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +942
Gold Stars: 22
Resign Now !! Fiasco from start to finish !1  Arrived home at 2am ABSOLUTELY FUMING Anyone with a ounce of Football knowledge will realise this guy is just not up to it. How many more thrashings at home do we need to realise He's not the man for the job  

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 147
Madeleymariner
February 18, 2024, 12:27pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,057
Gold Stars: 50
250 mile round trip, same as last one, other than the opposition being even lower in the table. Don't have words to explain how I felt going home. We need to get rid of this manager now, today sack him on grounds of being unable to do his job which is to win football matches. New manager, doesn't matter who, they could not do worse surely.
As for the players, Rose looked fooooked and seriously like he was about to cry after the 4th went in. Eisa is Hulme looks ok, Vernam had a decent game then got hoiked off, WHY? (remember I am not a Vernam fan) Maher looks lost, Cartwright has no protection, the replacement for Conte (who it now shows was so very important to our midfield) is obviously a sick note job, the right back was constantly having to cover 2 players due to midfield not knowing where to stand out of possession and we gift the opposition a 2 goal start every game by passing the ball to them in our own half.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 147
toontown
February 18, 2024, 12:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,279
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Madeleymariner
250 mile round trip, same as last one, other than the opposition being even lower in the table. Don't have words to explain how I felt going home. We need to get rid of this manager now, today sack him on grounds of being unable to do his job which is to win football matches. New manager, doesn't matter who, they could not do worse surely.
As for the players, Rose looked fooooked and seriously like he was about to cry after the 4th went in. Eisa is Hulme looks ok, Vernam had a decent game then got hoiked off, WHY? (remember I am not a Vernam fan) Maher looks lost, Cartwright has no protection, the replacement for Conte (who it now shows was so very important to our midfield) is obviously a sick note job, the right back was constantly having to cover 2 players due to midfield not knowing where to stand out of possession and we gift the opposition a 2 goal start every game by passing the ball to them in our own half.

Don't disagree with any of that but Vernam is coming back from injury and it's been mentioned that he needs to be managed in order to keep him fit so he was never gonna play the full 90 today, Artell can't be blamed for that.

Everything else tho yeah I agree
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 147
David Frazer
February 18, 2024, 6:10pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +0 / -3
Approval: -455
Gold Stars: 4
Oh dear my fishy friends you dont seem very happy at the moment,i  thought i would come on to cheer you all up ,i know your not our lincolnshire rivals But you should follow us to safety and hapiness.
We are currently on an unbeaten run of 7games,45 pts and look to be almost safe to securing our 6TH LEAGUE 1 SEASON AROUND 10TH PLACE.We have a young vibrant coach and a team full of great prospects AND  ground that while not ideal has a total refresh ,sponsored stands ,boxes (16)with various bars and a fanzone(poo poed by the fishy years ago) that earns us alot of money.WE DONT HAVE SCOTCH EGGS THOUGH!

Things are definately looking up for us ,our season tkts have just gone on sale at £399 ,if any of you want to join us next season ,as i read your apparently not renewing yours in your decrepid old,rotten ground!You have mocked us for your league 2( championship now history) BUT WE REVAMPED OUR GROUND ALL 4 SIDES with generous grants available after bradford fire,hysel and hillsborough HOWEVER  THE CLOWN FENTY DIDNT DO ANYTHING TO YOUR GROUND AND LEAST YOU DIDNT OVERSPEND YOUR BUDGETS!!!

HE IS THE ROOT OF ALL YOUR PROBLEMS !!!!

BW

MOI

PS I DONT BELIEVE YOU WILL GO DOWN BUT HERES HOPING

AND

PPS. if you do wish to copy us !!! Lincolnshires NO 1 TEAM  we read this week in the Athletic we have apparently" A director of inovation and growth"😂😂😂😂😂

KEEP SMILING FISHIES !!!! UP THE IMPS
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 147
Northbank Mariner
February 18, 2024, 6:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,457
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from David Frazer
Oh dear my fishy friends you dont seem very happy at the moment,i  thought i would come on to cheer you all up ,i know your not our lincolnshire rivals But you should follow us to safety and hapiness.
We are currently on an unbeaten run of 7games,45 pts and look to be almost safe to securing our 6TH LEAGUE 1 SEASON AROUND 10TH PLACE.We have a young vibrant coach and a team full of great prospects AND  ground that while not ideal has a total refresh ,sponsored stands ,boxes (16)with various bars and a fanzone(poo poed by the fishy years ago) that earns us alot of money.WE DONT HAVE SCOTCH EGGS THOUGH!

Things are definately looking up for us ,our season tkts have just gone on sale at £399 ,if any of you want to join us next season ,as i read your apparently not renewing yours in your decrepid old,rotten ground!You have mocked us for your league 2( championship now history) BUT WE REVAMPED OUR GROUND ALL 4 SIDES with generous grants available after bradford fire,hysel and hillsborough HOWEVER  THE CLOWN FENTY DIDNT DO ANYTHING TO YOUR GROUND AND LEAST YOU DIDNT OVERSPEND YOUR BUDGETS!!!

BW

MOI

AND

PPS. if you do wish to copy us !!! Lincolnshires NO 1 TEAM  we read this week in the Athletic we have apparently" A director of inovation and growth"😂😂😂😂😂

intercourse off you sanctimonious sharp object  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 147
Hagrid
February 18, 2024, 6:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,420
Gold Stars: 534
Quoted from David Frazer

BW

MOI

AND

Could probably do with getting a life mate, lonely little 6 fingered virgin
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 147
David Frazer
February 18, 2024, 6:22pm
Shandy Drinker
No chance ! Northbank !

My neighbour from the Donny area thanks you all yesterday for 3pts.,5pts and Steels fish n chips ! Oh and some great bedtime reading.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 147
David Frazer
February 18, 2024, 6:24pm
Shandy Drinker
Thanks Hagrid ! For your kind words .What comes around goes around !

ENJOY
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 147
15 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.