Reply: 80 - 110
Theimperialcoroner
January 31, 2024, 2:54pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,209
Gold Stars: 102
I’ll wade in.

The issue with Hunt is he’s not a L2 player. The pace and more importantly physicality of this league negate all his talents. That’s not to say he’ll fail at a higher level where the level of meat head he’s playing against is not quite as agricultural as L2. I think he needs better players around him to thrive. We don’t have that so you can’t really use him properly in our current position.
On that basis, he’s wasted here and might as well go.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 110
DB
January 31, 2024, 3:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,021
Gold Stars: 386
What has been so annoying about Hunt is that he was brilliant when he came on loan. Pinpoint crosses from corners etc. All that seems to disappear from his game the last 18 months.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 110
jamesgtfc
January 31, 2024, 3:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,966
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from 123614

Sorry, but you are wrong I was DEFINITELY NOT the first person to mention he had been released.  I suggest YOU look at this and other threads to see who was, then you can apologise to me.

Edit:  I suggest you look at page 1 of this very thread.

Page 1 of this thread has someone saying he's been told that he is free to leave. That is different to being released.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 110
blundellpork
January 31, 2024, 4:05pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,655
Gold Stars: 32
I will be deeply disappointed to see Hunt go. We can debate his risky decisions and lightweight frame, but if we want to play an attacking game, then we need more players on his wavelength.

He’s exactly the sort of player who should suit Artell’s style, but I fear he will be yet another departure as part of the usual churn of players. If Artell can find better, then good luck to him, but year on year we seem to churn huge numbers of players, for slightly better or slightly worse alternatives, without ever making material progress.

It would be nice to compete at the top end of this division one day….
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 110
January 31, 2024, 4:39pm
Guest User
Quoted from fishcake63
Released NO told to find another club YES big differance

hahahaha

Reply: 85 - 110
January 31, 2024, 4:42pm
Guest User
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Page 1 of this thread has someone saying he's been told that he is free to leave. That is different to being released.

Don't be silly.  He has been told to find another club, if that isn't being released, then I don't know what is!  It's telling him he isn't wanted here any more.

Reply: 86 - 110
Northbank Mariner
January 31, 2024, 4:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,472
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from 123614

Don't be silly.  He has been told to find another club, if that isn't being released, then I don't know what is!  It's telling him he isn't wanted here any more.

Released means he's been released, like no longer with us,  let go, kicked out the door, see Efete for clarity.
Being told "to look for another club" means he's still under contract and employed by the club until as such time he gets a move to another club.

To be honest, I'm sick to the back teeth of this "prove me wrong" attitude that is getting so dominant on here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 110
MuddyWaters
January 31, 2024, 4:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,256
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from 123614

Released means paid up. I very much doubt we’re paying off 18 months of Alex’s contract.
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 110
January 31, 2024, 5:02pm
Guest User
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Released means he's been released, like no longer with us,  let go, kicked out the door, see Efete for clarity.
Being told "to look for another club" means he's still under contract and employed by the club until as such time he gets a move to another club.

To be honest, I'm sick to the back teeth of this "prove me wrong" attitude that is getting so dominant on here.

So you don't mind if people post stuff that just isn't true?  If you don't like it, don't read it.

Reply: 89 - 110
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.