LocalLadGTFC
January 30, 2024, 12:08pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,227
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from diehardmariner
If only we all had experience of GTFC doing GTFC things when you least expect it.

Absolutely dire against Tranmere, who I would go as far as saying were one of the worst teams I've seen in a long time - we were just even worse!  Meltdown amongst fans because someone's made up a rumour that there's a dressing room revolt which followed an earlier meltdown because another club activated a release clause in a player, of which the clause was the only reason we got him to sign here in the first place.

If ever there was a time when we grind out a scrappy draw at Accrington and then take 3 points off all conquering Stockport, then it's the next few weeks.

We love a result against Stockport aswell… even in the midst of the run of results that got Hurst sacked we should have took something from the game against them at there place. That’s when they were flying and beating everyone, the young lad Barry was the difference. He’s now injured and out for the season..
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 10 - 64
diehardmariner
January 30, 2024, 12:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,632
Gold Stars: 539
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61033921

Until the first 35 minutes at their place this season, this was probably the most one-sided 35 minutes I've seen until Sarcevic got sent off.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 64
LocalLadGTFC
January 30, 2024, 12:32pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,227
Gold Stars: 137

Until the first 35 minutes at their place this season, this was probably the most one-sided 35 minutes I've seen until Sarcevic got sent off.

That wasn’t this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 12 - 64
GrimRob
January 30, 2024, 12:52pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,416
Gold Stars: 113
The bookies have Sutton as slight favourites in their next two home games. It will be a big plus for us if they fail to win both of them. Even 2 draws would be ok, especially their weekend game with Donny. They win them both then it is officially squeaky bum time.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Online
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 64
diehardmariner
January 30, 2024, 1:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

That wasn’t this season.

I know.  It was another example of us surprising (be it in the result or getting close to one) against Stockport.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 64
HerveJosse
January 30, 2024, 1:20pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
If only we all had experience of GTFC doing GTFC things when you least expect it.

Absolutely dire against Tranmere, who I would go as far as saying were one of the worst teams I've seen in a long time - we were just even worse!  Meltdown amongst fans because someone's made up a rumour that there's a dressing room revolt which followed an earlier meltdown because another club activated a release clause in a player, of which the clause was the only reason we got him to sign here in the first place.

If ever there was a time when we grind out a scrappy draw at Accrington and then take 3 points off all conquering Stockport, then it's the next few weeks.

Does this look like a team of grinders? No don’t answer that
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 64
Limerick Mariner
January 30, 2024, 1:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,704
Gold Stars: 136

Doesn’t look like a whole team of world beaters even with McAtee and for NL level does it, but it was a big hearted performance that took advantage of the sending-off, the crowd responded as well. A great day.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 64
diehardmariner
January 30, 2024, 2:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from HerveJosse

Does this look like a team of grinders? No don’t answer that

I will.

Saturday didn't look a team capable of grinding results out to me.  It was a urine poor and limp display.

But I'm not at the point of thinking that they've suddenly become incapable of doing a hard and dirty shift based on a single display.  Again, it was just pure ineptitude on basic defending that has cost us (not just on Saturday) rather than anything else.

Glennon remembers how to defend like a footballer on two occasions (perhaps add that Wood, I think it was, reads it better for the second goal and tracks sooner) and we put Saturday down as a hard fought, ugly 1-0 win against a fellow excrement side.  Fine margins.

Fully expecting that the team we line up against Accrington will have at least one snarling, nasty, old head type in the backline.  That changes everything.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 64
diehardmariner
January 30, 2024, 2:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Doesn’t look like a whole team of world beaters even with McAtee and for NL level does it, but it was a big hearted performance that took advantage of the sending-off, the crowd responded as well. A great day.

Yep. Seeing a side with Joey Jones in a two-man central midfield taking maximum points from the Champions elect gives me hope for anything!

That red card really got the crowd going and either just before or after Amos put in an absolutely thumping tackle in front of their dugout.   They begged for a red but the ref rightly ignored it and that helped set the tempo too.

It's those little pinch points that we missed on Saturday, something to lift everyone.  Totally honest Danny Amos was the last person I expected on that day to be the one to lift the crowd in that way, but it came just after Hurst had commented that he needed to find a bit of a nastier side to his game.  
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 64
DB
January 30, 2024, 2:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,022
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from GrimRob
The bookies have Sutton as slight favourites in their next two home games. It will be a big plus for us if they fail to win both of them. Even 2 draws would be ok, especially their weekend game with Donny. They win them both then it is officially squeaky bum time.

I'm running out of Andex.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 64
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Tonight’s game

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.