Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Neil Warnock.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Neil Warnock.

This thread currently has 3,324 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
aussiej
January 29, 2024, 9:44am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +117
Gold Stars: 17
I was watching Neil Warnock and son playing Jimmy Bullard in a Utube Golf match. The interviewer asked him what annoyed him most  in modern day football and his reply was: Football clubs who think they can suddenly change to playing out at  the back without changing the players. All they do is concede soft goals.he said. What is the point of copying other clubs when you just don't have the players to do it. You should always play to your own strengths and not the oppositions. I thought that just about sums up our team. We should be trying to play to our own strengths and not copying others. We don't have the players and we are struggling because of it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Maringer
January 29, 2024, 9:48am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,509
Gold Stars: 185
The problem is, what are our strengths?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 34
mariner91
January 29, 2024, 10:03am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,651
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from Maringer
The problem is, what are our strengths?

Beat me to it. We’re not strong. We’re not quick. We’re not big. We’re not energetic. We’re not good on the ball. We don’t have many players capable of taking a man on. Pretty much all our defenders are NL standard. And collectively have no balls.

I reckon Pep would struggle to work out a way to win with these losers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 34
January 29, 2024, 10:12am
Guest User
Quoted from aussiej
I was watching Neil Warnock and son playing Jimmy Bullard in a Utube Golf match. The interviewer asked him what annoyed him most  in modern day football and his reply was: Football clubs who think they can suddenly change from playing out at  the back without changing the players. All they do is concede soft goals.he said. What is the point of copying other clubs when you just don't have the players to do it. You should always play to your own strengths and not the oppositions. I thought that just about sums up our team. We should be trying to play to our own strengths and not copying others. We don't have the players and we are struggling because of it.

So what then?  We just hoof it up field and hope to pickup the 2nd ball?

Reply: 3 - 34
Poojah
January 29, 2024, 10:20am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,539
Gold Stars: 1,500
How’s his diary looking between now and the end of April?

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 34
HertsGTFC
January 29, 2024, 10:22am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,928
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from 123614

Sometimes yeah.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 34
lew chaterleys lover
January 29, 2024, 10:28am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,712
Gold Stars: 237
But these players can do it. Apart from Saturday our attacking intent has been a 100% improvement over the Hurst tactics. They seemed to enjoy it as well.

A couple of weeks ago all we needed to do was tighten up at the back. I don't understand what happened on Saturday- the selection, the lack of a plan was reminiscent of Hurst’s team.

To go back to being "pragmatic" and hoping for the best would be a retrograde step.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 34
IlkleyMariner
January 29, 2024, 10:30am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
It would be a brave person to criticise Neil Warnock.  Certainly face to face…..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 34
MuddyWaters
January 29, 2024, 10:33am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,244
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from 123614

It’s been our method for quite a long time.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 34
fishcake63
January 29, 2024, 10:44am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
We are not good enough to play out end of but we have a manager that thinks we can hence why we concede awful goals most games , unless we change & he wont we best hope sutton & fgr dont suddenly pick two or three wins up because i dont see us getting over 40 points
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 34
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Neil Warnock.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.