Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Neil Warnock.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Neil Warnock.

This thread currently has 3,327 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Northbank Mariner
January 29, 2024, 11:08am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,472
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from fishcake63
We are not good enough to play out end of but we have a manager that thinks we can hence why we concede awful goals most games , unless we change & he wont we best hope sutton & fgr dont suddenly pick two or three wins up because i dont see us getting over 40 points

Mate, Saturday we lost because one player cocked up!...nothing to do with playing out from the back, we actually controlled it pretty well, Cartwright had next to nothing to do, and their second goal was an own goal anyway!! .
Did you not see the Crewe, Salford, County, Morecambe  Mk games?..
Warnock is like Hodgson, talking about yester years tactics and doesn't understand its 2024 and the worlds moved on from midfielders breaking forwards legs, and 4-4-2..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 34
LocalLadGTFC
January 29, 2024, 11:24am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,220
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from fishcake63
We are not good enough to play out end of but we have a manager that thinks we can hence why we concede awful goals most games , unless we change & he wont we best hope sutton & fgr dont suddenly pick two or three wins up because i dont see us getting over 40 points

Do you actually watch the games or just spout shite? We don't concede because we are playing out from the back, I literally can not pick a single goal out we've conceded where we've been caught on the ball and it's lead to them scoring. Every single goal is a carbon copy of itself, our full back is beaten far too easily and it's walked into the net, it was a problem last season aswell. It's not just a this season issue, we have full backs that can't defend.  
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 11 - 34
BobbyCummingsTackle
January 29, 2024, 12:06pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,279
Gold Stars: 306
Warnock made me laugh when he was interviewed a little while ago and asked why his team didn't play out from the back, he replied 'I've got 2 centre backs who can't pass water'.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 34
jimgtfc
January 29, 2024, 12:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,092
Gold Stars: 45
To be fair I don’t think it’s the playing out from the back that’s the problem. I can’t remember us conceding a goal as a direct result of it anyway. It’s the basics we can’t do, track runners, stop crosses and win first balls. Until Saturday, when we had an inept midfielder supposed to be playing in front of the back four, I think the actual playing out from the back has been pretty good.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 34
diehardmariner
January 29, 2024, 12:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,630
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

Do you actually watch the games or just spout shite? We don't concede because we are playing out from the back, I literally can not pick a single goal out we've conceded where we've been caught on the ball and it's lead to them scoring. Every single goal is a carbon copy of itself, our full back is beaten far too easily and it's walked into the net, it was a problem last season aswell. It's not just a this season issue, we have full backs that can't defend.  

Maybe the County first (I think, could have been second) when Vernam miscontrolled, Mullarkey miles ahead of play and they take advantage.  That's the only example I can think of where our 'style' has cost us.

Rodgers not knowing how to head a ball and Glennon having the physical prowess of a dying hamster when getting caught wrong side is not about our style.  If anything I think I'd be more worried that if we weren't trying to play it out a bit because the way our defence aren't defending, our best hope is trying to outscore teams.

Ironically on Saturday we completely abandoned any attempts to play football out from the back and just reverted to hoofing it.  Massive gap between the isolated Danny Rose and surprise, surprise we invited pressure on a countless basis.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 34
SpiritOf98
January 29, 2024, 12:52pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Approval: +281
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from jimgtfc
To be fair I don’t think it’s the playing out from the back that’s the problem. I can’t remember us conceding a goal as a direct result of it anyway. It’s the basics we can’t do, track runners, stop crosses and win first balls. Until Saturday, when we had an inept midfielder supposed to be playing in front of the back four, I think the actual playing out from the back has been pretty good.

Absolutely right. We actually looked much better at it on Saturday bc of Tharne's calm and assured presence. Even the leaky right of defence/Mullarkey hole looked more secure with him there, add in the goal and quite an impressive debut for the lad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 34
lew chaterleys lover
January 29, 2024, 12:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,723
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from SpiritOf98

Absolutely right. We actually looked much better at it on Saturday bc of Tharne's calm and assured presence. Even the leaky right of defence/Mullarkey hole looked more secure with him there, add in the goal and quite an impressive debut for the lad.

I thought he was absolutely shocking. He was calm in the sense he kept endlessly passing back to the keeper but I thought he didn't have anything about him at all.

Time will tell.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 34
SpiritOf98
January 29, 2024, 1:15pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Approval: +281
Gold Stars: 6

I thought he was absolutely shocking. He was calm in the sense he kept endlessly passing back to the keeper but I thought he didn't have anything about him at all.

Time will tell.

Shocking? That's a label I'd use for Mullarkey at RB, thought Tharne looked very good and throught we suffered second half without him. Still, opinions eh.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 34
arryarryarry
January 29, 2024, 1:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

Do you watch the games?

I'm not saying just hoof it but how many goals have we scored from playing it out from the back?

Some are suggesting we played it out well on Saturday but until very late on in the game we created frig all.

Private Message
Reply: 18 - 34
lew chaterleys lover
January 29, 2024, 1:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,723
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from SpiritOf98

Shocking? That's a label I'd use for Mullarkey at RB, thought Tharne looked very good and throught we suffered second half without him. Still, opinions eh.

Yes it's all about opinions and I thought Maher improved us when he came on! Football eh?!
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 34
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Neil Warnock.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.