January 2, 2024, 10:22am
Guest User

Hopefully he’s resigning

Are you Yoda in disguise?

Reply: 80 - 94
January 2, 2024, 10:27am
Guest User
Quoted from tarka

It has to be said that, for a man with a degree in forensic biology, he does an incredibly authentic impression of Selwyn Frogatt. Articulate my bottom!

Managers are not judged on how well they speak.  He said when he took over the job that it would take a long time to get the team playing in his style, and he meant months, not weeks.  He is not responsible for individual errors that lead to goals scored against us, or the fact that some players gave up when we were 1-3 down.  As others have said, we lack quality in certain areas, and this needs to be sorted, hopefully in this window.

Reply: 81 - 94
January 2, 2024, 10:31am
Guest User
Quoted from Lincspoacher

Err, nope.

But thankfully, he did stay on after considering retirement. Be a sad day when he does hang his sponge up

Oops!

Reply: 82 - 94
TownSNAFU5
January 2, 2024, 10:33am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,883
Gold Stars: 42
After yesterday we still have a decent points cushion above the bottom 2. But any risk of going back to NL for a third time must be avoided at any cost.

The case for playing it out from the back should be shelved until next season.  We do not have the luxury or time to bring in new players now and try and integrate them into a new system.

It is far more important to bring in some strong characters and leaders.  Players who can inspire others and have some fight in them  Characters who are both strong mentally and physically.  

Good luck in finding them.

We surrendered yesterday from 1-1.  The change from the first 30 mins to the rest of the game showed a remarkable and sudden capitulation at the first sign of adversity..l

On this evidence (and in some previous games) this team are likely to deliver similar performances in the relegation dogfight and as the pressures increase.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 94
diehardmariner
January 2, 2024, 10:37am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,614
Gold Stars: 538
There's a lot of talk about how Artell's style is to blame, but I'm not so sure.  All of their goals came from avoidable mistakes and general sloppiness.  Ok, a couple had passing errors that led to them (mainly the first two) but be it tika-taka or not, you've got to do the basic passing right.  I don't think any of those contributing errors are a result of trying to be too clever or playing out too much, it's just shockingly sloppy.  Other than hoofing it forward every time we get the ball, if you can't make simple passes you'll always suffer.

The biggest problem was an incredibly spineless and leaky performance.  We didn't challenge enough, we didn't win enough second balls, we didn't track enough runners.   That's down to individuals on the pitch.  Artell can tell his players to play triangles, he can tell them to go long, he can tell them to do what the intercourse they want with the ball.  But if players fail to do the absolute basics once they cross that white line then he's pretty limited.

Was a bit of talk pre-game around me of a little bug in the camp before the game, which might have excused some of the flat performances if true.  

Young Braithwaite showed more heart in his cameo than 80% of the starting eleven did all game.  I completely forgot Eisa was playing until someone mentioned him earlier in this thread.  When he scores it's great but his contribution without his goals is non-existent.  A pure and utter luxury player.  I thought he put in his best shift on Friday at Salford and hoped that was the start of things to come, if anything yesterday was his laziest shift so far.  He isn't alone, so few did the bare minimum.  

Artell's said he doesn't see January as a window for mass change, not sure if that's just kidology or about dampening expectations.  But I think the worst thing he can do is let that standard set in.  I actually think we might see a couple of 'surprising' departures this week to send a message.
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 94
RonMariner
January 2, 2024, 10:41am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,693
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
After yesterday we still have a decent points cushion above the bottom 2. But any risk of going back to NL for a third time must be avoided at any cost.

It is true that we have a cushion at the moment, but several of the clubs below us have games in hand, two of them have very wealthy owners who could spend big in the window to escape the drop zone, and we have three very tough games immediately ahead of us. We definitely need some points from these games to maintain our buffer but based on yesterday's performance it's hard to see how we will. Notts and Tranmere are both in pretty good form, and Harrogate bossed us last time out.

These next three games are vital and we need to get something from them or we will be right in the mire.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 94
fishcake63
January 2, 2024, 4:22pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
Actually thought we was very good for 35 mins problem is for other 55 we was crap but still think freak result everything they hit went in , move on & try replicate salford & first 35 of yesterday , also clear pen for us at 1-3 not given then clear pen to them given small margins & poor decisions
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 94
HerveJosse
January 2, 2024, 4:57pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from 123614

Oops!

What’s your record for the most number of people you are insulting/arguing with at the same time?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 94
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
January 2, 2024, 6:09pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +2 / -5
Approval: -158
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from 123614

Are you Yoda in disguise?

No but you’re really boring

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 94
January 2, 2024, 7:43pm
Guest User
Quoted from HerveJosse

What’s your record for the most number of people you are insulting/arguing with at the same time?

So ok, show me who I have insulted, if I have insulted anyone it would be because they insulted me first.

Secondly, this is a public forum, I do not argue with people, I debate with them and express my opinions.

I have had this kind of ridiculous statement thrown at me several times before, and when I asked for them to prove what they were saying, not one of them came back with any proof, so I challenge you to do so!

Reply: 89 - 94
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.