Private Message
Reply: 50 - 94
Northy81
January 1, 2024, 7:51pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +6
Quoted from GibMariner

We did have so where has it gone. Sure Paul did not spend it on this lot???

And no one mentioned the pitch which has been on holiday but looks like a horse paddock already.

Horse paddock?

Give your head a wobble!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 94
davmariner
January 1, 2024, 8:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 79
Just watched the goals back on the highlights and I’m even angrier than I was at the ground. What the intercourse was Mullarkey doing for the first?! He was in no man’s land, neither pressing nor dropped off and leaves Waterfall having to chase back for an out of position Mullarkey.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 94
DaleH
January 1, 2024, 8:08pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +816
Gold Stars: 168
Shockingly poor. Just didn’t see that coming after the first 15-20 minutes.

Keystone Cops defending today

Time to resurrect my Fishy signature again. So here goes.

"BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 94
January 1, 2024, 8:11pm
Guest User
Left at 66 minutes. To drive the 80 miles home. Haven’t done that in my four decades of watching.

The two penalty decisions killed the game. Dunno what else to say. Might put £10 on Notts County getting into double figures?
Reply: 54 - 94
Balthazar Bullitt
January 1, 2024, 8:19pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +2,260
Gold Stars: 16
Best part of the day was seeing Gary Childs walk along the front of the Pontoon. 8 years he was with Town. A joy to watch - think I saw him make a tackle once but I could be wrong.

I imagine most of those in the squad today will be gone in 12 months and in a couple of years we'll have forgotten they ever played for us...and that is still far more than they deserve.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 94
Lincspoacher
January 1, 2024, 8:23pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +303
Gold Stars: 15
Left at 80 mins in disbelief tbh.

The opening 39 mins were ok, granted. But Walsall were our equal in the first half in my view, and this idea that we were somehow coasting before Waterfall made his double error for the first goal, is as rose tinted as saying we should have been 4-0 against Mansfield in the bloody first half.

We were ok till they scored and it was a good even contest between what I thought then, was two equally matched sides.

That’s not how it played out!

What I did see from early on was a few player quickly hide away from receiving the ball and providing options. Too many times I saw one of our players in possession near the lower Smiths side of the pitch and 5 (yes Five!) teamates in positions near the bloody Main Stand.

This was hiding and really obvious in its impact and we just kept being pressed, robbed and then they scored.

Yes, I can see that asking the defenders to always play out is making us vulnerable due to mistakes. But that approach needs midfielders to come towards the ball carrier and not leg it to the other side of the pitch and leave them with only sideways passes between the defenders.

Evidence? 3 of our back 4 made the most passes of any player today and over 240 of our passes were in our own half.

Eisa wasn’t up for it today. Don’t know why, but just wasn’t engaged

Conteh, Green, Clifton and Andrews all too similar.

Waterfalls header back into the danger area (when he should just head it out for a corner) for the 2nd goal should be enough to secure his seat on the bench for the rest of the season.

Transfer wise, I am told that Amos definitely leaving along with Efete.

Strange how Khouri not even involved in squad when youth team lads getting games, so likely to see him go out on loan as well.

The result is really grim and Artel now knows for sure that the squad he has inherited is very limited in terms of pace, power, skill and aerial threat.

Keep us up please and let you build your own squad next season if u can offload some of these 2/3 year contractors.

It’s gonna be a tough few months I am sure and grateful for Forest Green, Sutton, Salford and Colchester being equally excrement at mo.

Let’s hope couple of them don’t hit form.

Walsall - worth a few quid on play offs for me as their recent results and quality of the loaners they have really stood out today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 94
moosey_club
January 1, 2024, 8:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,268
Gold Stars: 226
Echoes of the Mansfield game, looked OK first 30 mins, 1-0 up, chances for more with Eisa and Andrews....all of a sudden they were 2-1 up without really previously laying a glove on us.
Second half non existent.

Walsall looked stronger, quicker across the midfield, Rose isolated so couldn't hurt their big back line and once Walsall figured that out they never looked back.

Very disappointing start to the new year.

Final word.....zero atmosphere....so so quiet in that first half......second half understandably so.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 94
davmariner
January 1, 2024, 8:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Lincspoacher
Left at 80 mins in disbelief tbh.

The opening 39 mins were ok, granted. But Walsall were our equal in the first half in my view, and this idea that we were somehow coasting before Waterfall made his double error for the first goal, is as rose tinted as saying we should have been 4-0 against Mansfield in the bloody first half.

We were ok till they scored and it was a good even contest between what I thought then, was two equally matched sides.

That’s not how it played out!

What I did see from early on was a few player quickly hide away from receiving the ball and providing options. Too many times I saw one of our players in possession near the lower Smiths side of the pitch and 5 (yes Five!) teamates in positions near the bloody Main Stand.

This was hiding and really obvious in its impact and we just kept being pressed, robbed and then they scored.

Yes, I can see that asking the defenders to always play out is making us vulnerable due to mistakes. But that approach needs midfielders to come towards the ball carrier and not leg it to the other side of the pitch and leave them with only sideways passes between the defenders.

Evidence? 3 of our back 4 made the most passes of any player today and over 240 of our passes were in our own half.

Eisa wasn’t up for it today. Don’t know why, but just wasn’t engaged

Conteh, Green, Clifton and Andrews all too similar.

Waterfalls header back into the danger area (when he should just head it out for a corner) for the 2nd goal should be enough to secure his seat on the bench for the rest of the season.

Transfer wise, I am told that Amos definitely leaving along with Efete.

Strange how Khouri not even involved in squad when youth team lads getting games, so likely to see him go out on loan as well.

The result is really grim and Artel now knows for sure that the squad he has inherited is very limited in terms of pace, power, skill and aerial threat.

Keep us up please and let you build your own squad next season if u can offload some of these 2/3 year contractors.

It’s gonna be a tough few months I am sure and grateful for Forest Green, Sutton, Salford and Colchester being equally excrement at mo.

Let’s hope couple of them don’t hit form.

Walsall - worth a few quid on play offs for me as their recent results and quality of the loaners they have really stood out today.

Aren’t you the person that falsely said Dave Moore was leaving at the start of last season.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 94
golfer
January 1, 2024, 8:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,443
Gold Stars: 116
You can't blame Hollohan this time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 94
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.