10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Lincspoacher
January 1, 2024, 8:46pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +303
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from davmariner

Aren’t you the person that falsely said Dave Moore was leaving at the start of last season.

Err, nope.

But thankfully, he did stay on after considering retirement. Be a sad day when he does hang his sponge up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 94
davmariner
January 1, 2024, 8:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,931
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Lincspoacher

Err, nope.

But thankfully, he did stay on after considering retirement. Be a sad day when he does hang his sponge up

https://ibb.co/nrh7Mp4

Awks.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 94
1mickylyons
January 1, 2024, 9:10pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,385
Gold Stars: 56
I'm stunned by that performance we started off and at HT I'd say we had seen a contest between two evenly matched sides with Town shading it  The lack of game management though? Waterfall tries to pass toI think  Clifton poor pass results in a quick throw and he gets outpaced.At 34 he should bring the man down and take the yellow card for the team. The second goal more trying to pass when a good old fashioned hoof would have kept us safe
2nd half Eisa who I  fail to see what he does in 90 mins to get selected loses the ball and doesn't bother to chase back when again he could have committed a foul and stopped the attack.The 4th was a stonewall penalty less than 60 secs after the referee missed a stonewall penalty for us.I  like 90% got up and left after the 5th and was home in time to see the 6th. Utterly disheartening for everyone and this lot have largely ruined Christmas and New Year for the fans. We have all been around long enough to accept you'll get bad results and performances but come on lads you're duty bound to put a shift in. Personally I  excuse Rose and Cartwright today but the other 9 starters today should be in for double training sessions. That was unacceptable from them and whilst DA inherited them as others have said you can't play tika taka with players who can't pass a football  Glennon, Rose at a push Konteh of the starters can pass and receive a ball the rest I don't see it myself Dave?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 94
louth_in_the_south
January 1, 2024, 9:22pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,681
Gold Stars: 96
We’re division 4 footballers trying to copy Man City. Ffs it doesn’t take a genius to work out that the reward is less than the risk ! It’s just managers don’t want to lose professional face by not accepting this philosophy. I’m sorry if I sound a dinosaur and would prefer if we played like a Steve evans team ( I can’t remember who accused me of this but I’ll just say 1-6 ) but I’m confident to say you should only play to the strengths your players give you !!

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 94
HertsGTFC
January 1, 2024, 9:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,929
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from 1mickylyons
I'm stunned by that performance we started off and at HT I'd say we had seen a contest between two evenly matched sides with Town shading it  The lack of game management though? Waterfall tries to pass toI think  Clifton poor pass results in a quick throw and he gets outpaced.At 34 he should bring the man down and take the yellow card for the team. The second goal more trying to pass when a good old fashioned hoof would have kept us safe
2nd half Eisa who I  fail to see what he does in 90 mins to get selected loses the ball and doesn't bother to chase back when again he could have committed a foul and stopped the attack.The 4th was a stonewall penalty less than 60 secs after the referee missed a stonewall penalty for us.I  like 90% got up and left after the 5th and was home in time to see the 6th. Utterly disheartening for everyone and this lot have largely ruined Christmas and New Year for the fans. We have all been around long enough to accept you'll get bad results and performances but come on lads you're duty bound to put a shift in. Personally I  excuse Rose and Cartwright today but the other 9 starters today should be in for double training sessions. That was unacceptable from them and whilst DA inherited them as others have said you can't play tika taka with players who can't pass a football  Glennon, Rose at a push Konteh of the starters can pass and receive a ball the rest I don't see it myself Dave?

I know he’s scored a few well taken goals but I agree re Eisa, think he’s quite greedy too.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 94
1mickylyons
January 1, 2024, 9:28pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,385
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I know he’s scored a few well taken goals but I agree re Eisa, think he’s quite greedy too.

My point he's just not a team player.Talented given time and space to shoot.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 94
TAGG
January 1, 2024, 9:42pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,968
Gold Stars: 124
Got to get at least 1 CB
1 LB
1 RB
1 Defence mid field
2 Central mid field
1 center forward
In other words a new team  

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 94
MuddyWaters
January 1, 2024, 9:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,244
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from TAGG
Got to get at least 1 CB
1 LB
1 RB
1 Defence mid field
2 Central mid field
1 center forward
In other words a new team  

As per a post on another thread, a lot of our squad played in the promotion team and several others (Green, Maher, Mullarkey) were signed from non league clubs. The style Artell craves demands higher quality players than we currently have - question is whether we can afford to recruit the quality required.
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 94
Mrbump53
January 1, 2024, 9:56pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +335
Gold Stars: 11
Cannot think of another season where we have conceded so many through the middle. Both CB were too slow as they have been most of this season. Clifton stood off side so many times so not able to play the ball to him. Even when he came back he was still off side when the ball was played to him. Others had an off day and if we are trying to play the ball out from the back we need to pass it to one of our players. We were playing OK for the first 20-25 mins so a small positive (very small). Let’s see what changes come in the transfer window
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 94
TAGG
January 1, 2024, 9:57pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,968
Gold Stars: 124
Got to get at least 1 CB
1 LB
1 RB
1 Defence mid field
2 Central mid field
1 center forward
In other words a new team  [b][/b]

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 94
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.