16 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
RonMariner
December 23, 2023, 5:23pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,731
Gold Stars: 226
Another disappointing day in another disappointing season in another disappointing decade.

You could say I’m disappointed.

It’s depressing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 152
Ruston AT
December 23, 2023, 5:26pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +431
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from GtfcGarner
Have I just seen Abo Eisa voted MOTM? May aswell of not turned up today he's done f☼ck all.

You have got to be joking, personally I would have played him on the bench and not brought him on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 152
Bigdog
December 23, 2023, 5:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from DB

The absurd thing is the way the FA plans fixtures at this time of year. Yes, they've done it for Donkey's years but it doesn't mean it's right. I said get them in not run the life out of them, show them the mistakes from today, a bit of light training in taking corners and one hell of a bollocking for dishing up sh!t like today's performance.

It's not the fact we lost but the manner in which we lost. Many people, like my late father, worked in a continuous process industry where the work was continuous with no breaks for any bank holiday. It was part of the job so he and hundreds more had to work Christmas if it was their shift, and it's still the same today in these industries.

Just admit today's performance was rubbish, the paying fans deserved better.

Same as me. And I wouldn't wish working over Xmas on anyone else, but that's me, and that's you I guess. All over a game of football, and you being that upset about it. Borderline sadism from a self-confessed happy go lucky kinda guy..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 152
DB
December 23, 2023, 5:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,033
Gold Stars: 389
Quoted from Bigdog

Same as me. And I wouldn't wish working over Xmas on anyone else, but that's me, and that's you I guess. All ove a game of football, and you being that upset about it. Borderline sadism from a self-confessed happy go lucky kinda guy..

Chill out BigDog and have a good Christmas.

PS I didn't give you a red cross

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 152
Bigdog
December 23, 2023, 6:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from DB

Chill out BigDog and have a good Christmas.

PS I didn't give you a red cross

That's more like it. You too..

Now say the same to our players, even though they were shite today..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 152
chaos33
December 23, 2023, 6:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from Chrisblor

His first choice eleven probably just about do but teams now know how they set up and by being physical with their pressing as Harrogate and Newport have they mostly nullify it.

What I don't understand is why after technical players like Conteh, Gnahoua and Hunt go off we continue to play in the same manner with a side full of technically inept players who struggle to play pass and move football, and in Mullarkey's case can't even cross a ball. We should have just reverted tactics entirely and started going direct, it would at least give them something different to think about.

This is spot on for me. Just a glaring absence of method in both halves, and especially after the changes in the second half. To have that many corners and for all of them to be f***ing sh*t is really completely unacceptable for professional footballers. In reality, an easy win for Harrogate, which is a stark reminder that we are, as a squad, basically sub par in this league, and, what’s most disappointing, is that Artell was tactically defeated and outthought by Grayson. Comfortably.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 145 - 152
Yoda
December 23, 2023, 6:32pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,141
Gold Stars: 71
Yes how to knock a thousand fans off the Walsall game in 90 minutes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 146 - 152
MuddyWaters
December 23, 2023, 6:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,265
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Yoda
Yes how to knock a thousand fans off the Walsall game in 90 minutes.

Isn’t it past your bedtime?🥱
Private Message
Reply: 147 - 152
Hagrid
December 23, 2023, 6:50pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,436
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from chaos33

This is spot on for me. Just a glaring absence of method in both halves, and especially after the changes in the second half. To have that many corners and for all of them to be f***ing sh*t is really completely unacceptable for professional footballers. In reality, an easy win for Harrogate, which is a stark reminder that we are, as a squad, basically sub par in this league, and, what’s most disappointing, is that Artell was tactically defeated and outthought by Grayson. Comfortably.

Weaver*. Not Grayson
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 148 - 152
MuddyWaters
December 23, 2023, 6:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,265
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from chaos33

I’m pretty sure the head coach will be doing something about that.
Private Message
Reply: 149 - 152
16 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Match Thread Harrogate h

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.